Who Do You Field Against Ict?

Guest Papaguigz

I think it would be a sign of deperation to put Craggs straight into the starting line up. Given he's hasn't even featured in the reserves, we'd be risking further injury by throwing him straight in. Given he only started running 2 weeks ago and is just returning back to training with the team last week then I think he was very optimistic when he said he'd be back for the ICT game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasny pickin on your post Al - a number of folk have said if it was a case of who's fit then they'd have him. I just think that a couple of folk have in their heads that Craggs will be back because he's said he'll be back by then. Whilst its encouraging that he can't wait to be back, I think its would be a mistake and could be a little risky - Thats all!

Ah fair play. I guess it just depends if him mentioning the ICT game is the earliest possible return...or if he could possibly have returned 2 or 3 games ago, but the fitness of Klimpl has allowed and extra couple of weeks for the reasons you say? I guess we wont really know until we see if he returns

We are missing clarky but as said before if it is a fully fit squad then

Smith

Saunders Boab Reynolds hammy

Hughes lasley fitzy

Mcgarry Porter Clarky

Tell porter he has 60 minutes and to run ragged then swap him with either sutton or smith/murphy depending on how tired there back line is.

Same goes really with clarky out the side just change him for Murphy just now Pull there back 4 all over the place and let hughes thread balls through for Porter to put them away.

Easy 3-0 to the well.

Harsh it may seem, I agree that Saunders has played well, but i think Coach is the better player and knows how to battle and scrap for points.

That's why I'd put Coach in the holding role in front of the defence.

Smith

Saunders Craigan McLean Hammell

Quinn

Lasley Hughes Murphy

Clarkson Porter

Bob Malcolm will make a good central defender im CERTAIN of that. He played there and very accomplished when we actually WON away to ICT. Hopefully Craigan will be fit to play alongside him in defence. IF Reynolds plays then it should be left side of midfield as i think he could do a good job for us there. I cant believe the amount of posts that have him as a Central DEFENDER for this vital relegation battle i wouldn't let Reynolds ANYWHERE near that position again he just cant do it he's not strong enough and has been causing goals against us ALL SEASON long from that crap backheader at Swinecastle to the crap header that caused Kille's reserves 2nd goal what sbout the feeble attempt to tackle Tthe fat Aussie for their 2nd at Fir Park and as for saturday's crap attempt to stop Accies kid on Irishman's 2nd. DONT GET ME STARTED. HE SHOULD NEVER PLAY IN CENTRAL DEFENCE AGAIN. Hopefully Clarky will be ok for saturday and take Sutton's place. I actually believe Porter's although not scoring has been working hard and doing ok but the 2 big guys dont work. Young Saunders looks as though he'll do a decent job at full back but saturday's game against the Big Highland Farmers calls for more experience so i'd have Quinn at right back. MY team would be if all are fit

SMITH

QUINN MALCOLM CRAIGAN HAMMELL

MURPHY LASLEY HUGHES REYNOLDS

CLARKY PORTER.

P.S Krimpl's crap and too wee for a centrehalf. :P .

I think its time to try both Smith and O'Brien from the start. They made an impact up there when we were 1-0 down and surely they'll be desperate to impress. Coming off the bench can be tough, and it'd be interesting to see how they both fare.

Presuming both Shug and Clarky are fit this would be my team:

Smith

Quinn Klimpl Reynolds Hammell

D Smith Lasley Hughes O'Brien

Clarkson Porter

With a bench boasting, Nielsen, Craigan, Malcolm, Fitzpatrick, McGarry, Murphy and Sutton we have plenty in reserve. It may seem harsh to drop young Saunders, but as I said in the build up to the Accies game, too much involvement now could be harmful long term.

I have to say that I firmly share the the same views as the rest of those who feel Reynolds needs a break from 1st team duty.

I think he has what i takes to be a good footballer, but I still believe that RIGHT now he is far too lightweight for centrehalf. He does not win the ball in the air often enough and is too easily pushed off the ball or harrassed into making mistakes.

I hope Crggs is fit. If so I would play him with either Malcolm or Klimpl. I would also give McGarry a rest and consider O'brien on from the start. Clarky to replace Sutton if he is fit.

So in summary if everyone is fit I would see Reynolds, McGarry and Sutton on the bench. Having said that I suspect that Reynolds and McGarry will both start.

Smith

Saunders Craigan Klimpl Hammell

Hughes Lasley Fitzpatrick

Murphy Clarkson

Porter

Just dont feel McGarry offers much, maybe beacuse he's playing on the wrong side, and I just don't rate Darren Smith, he just seems to get the ball, the head goes down, sprints 20 yards then loses the ball. I think Klimpl would be worth a deal, if funds allow it because he seems a bit more mobile than Craggs and isnt shy of a tackle or 2. Reynolds can take a seat for a few weeks as fas as I'm concerned. Boab's always handy on the bench if we get a free-kick :( O'Brien could probably do a job aswell, if given a chance

Smith

Quinn Klimpl Craigan Hammell

Lasley Hughes Fitzpatrick

Murphy Porter Clarkson

That would be my choice if everyone is fit. With the possible exception that Murphy drops back into midfield and O'Brien starts at left mid. 4-4-2.

Right now I have NO idea whether O'Brien is worth a start. In fact I would say probably not. But he has not had the chance from the off and although he is likely to cock up once in a while, I think he is also capable of a bit of trickery and skill to unlock the Caley defence.

I think its time to try both Smith and O'Brien from the start. They made an impact up there when we were 1-0 down and surely they'll be desperate to impress. Coming off the bench can be tough, and it'd be interesting to see how they both fare.

Presuming both Shug and Clarky are fit this would be my team:

Smith

Quinn Klimpl Reynolds Hammell

D Smith Lasley Hughes O'Brien

Clarkson Porter

With a bench boasting, Nielsen, Craigan, Malcolm, Fitzpatrick, McGarry, Murphy and Sutton we have plenty in reserve. It may seem harsh to drop young Saunders, but as I said in the build up to the Accies game, too much involvement now could be harmful long term.

If MMG is going to continue with Ports and Sutton in the absence of Clarky, I would deffo agree with O'Brien and DLS as wingers, too many on here have been quick to dismiss O'Brien without the guy being given a decent run.

At least by giving him a start it gives us a better look at him.

I'd be surprised if Saunder's doesn't start. McGhee has said this week that he needs players on the fringes who will make it hard for him to pick the team. While he was referring to O'Brein and Darren Smith in this instance I think the same will apply for Saunders.

I don't understand how it can be considered a confidence knock coming into a team like ours just now. Surely getting dropped for an off form player after 2 solid performances would be a bigger boot in the baws?