Who Do You Field Against Ict?

Guest Papaguigz

when results are going against you, it's easy to hide and suddenly become injured! time to see who are the men from the boys. Lets get back to basics, and do what we are good at. Play the guys in their correct positions, ball on the deck, and let them do what they were doing last year. As a wiseman once said, luck is earned. Time to roll up the sleaves and knuckle down. Hard graft, bottle, turst and belief is the way ahead.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the option of a fully fit squad, going 4-4-2 I'd perhaps try:

Smith

Saunders - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

Quinn - Lasley - Hughes - O'Brien

Clarky - Porter

Over the past few games, our best moments have been when a player gets out wide and gets the ball across the box. Given this, I think if we're to go for width, O'Brien desrves a shot, provided Hammell is instructed to support him. Quinn did enough on Saturday to stay in the team and Craigan and Clarky have to slot straight back in as soon as they're fit as we need their presence in the team.

Going for a 4-3-3 I'd be looking at:

Smith

Saunders - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

Lasley - Hughes - Fitzpatrick

Clarky - Porter - Murphy

Quinn and O'Brien out due to the need for less width and more dig in the midfield, leaving Hughes to do his thing. Murhpy and Clarky to overlap up front, creating space and playing off Porter.

Any way that McGhee goes though, I reckon it almost doesn't matter what the teams is, it's the attitude that will make the difference.

play Ports and Sutton with O`Brien + Smith as wingers and we should just give Caley the points and save our money + effort! you cant play high ball and crosses into the biggest/most physical team in the league! suicide!!! high balls is food + drink to caley, fast nippy players + passing game cuts their lumbering defenders to bits!

if Clarky is fit go with him + Sutton/Porter with Murphy behind to run at them, if we gonna play wingers, go with Smith + Murphy to run and attack them on the deck from wide,stretching their defence! either way gonna be tough and im worried we will lose again, not being negative or cause i think theyre better,but cause generally in caley games they do well at fir park and we do well up there!

but certainly time for the boys to stand up and be counted!