We're The Well... Can You See Us?

Guest Papaguigz

Guest Papaguigz

So, if we do a cup run and get to Hampden, the fairweathers dust down their scarves and hats and trot along. When we get into Europe people who go every week can't get tickets for families using a sat-nav to find Fir Park... but when we're struggling, who're there? Us. And what are we doing? Baying like dogs!

Personally, I think we should all take a leaf out the Well Boys book. These young chaps are there every week cheering and singing and applauding the team on.

Of course we shouldn't blindly support the team, but some things are unforgiveable - booing O'Brien as he warms up, for instance, is shite.

The team doesn't need a constant boot in the baws from us, they need us to turn out in numbers - hardcore, fairweather, everyone - they need a European or Hampdenesque crowd to show up on the 27th.

If we usually go alone, we should bring our girlfriends and wives and kids, our weans should bring their pals.

This is a two way thing, folks. WE are the twelfth man.

A great turn out for the Accies game - by us lot - should be compounded by an equally loud, encouraging, and large turn out for the next few games.

We're the Well, we say, Steelmen... so let's be 'avin you!

I don't blame people for crawling out the woodwork when there's a big game on. I'd rather have thousands more Motherwell fans out there than not. I'm actually sick of hearing the who is the best fan argument, there has been talk on boards about people not being allowed to go to the Cup game unless they see Motherwell home and away. It's not a competition and a lot of people don't have the money to watch football week in week out.

I agree with you, booing someone as he warms up is awful. People get criticised for saying what they feel on here but I'd rather say what I thought on here than boo at the ground and by that I mean, there are fans who start booing and criticising players from the minute the game starts. Not just when we are playing badly either. I don't have kids and I'm afraid that I don't have pals who support the Well either. The team do need a boot in the baws from us when they are playing the way they are at the moment. Too many players out there look as if they have given up and don't give a toss about Motherwell. I've watched Motherwell go through worse spells than this but at the moment we look as if we have a team who don't care and a manager who couldn't care less, yet fans are expected to pay good cash to watch Motherwell. It does work both ways but the players need to look like they give a toss.

Disagree,

The Well Weans annoy me with their pi$h made up Non Well songs and general child like behaviour, like signing and cheering when we are getting humped and playing kak against Killie.

That's just my opinion, but they really ruin football for me these days. Grow up and moan like the rest of us.

As for their wee flags and home made banners, oh dear...

Guest Papaguigz
Disagree,

The Well Weans annoy me with their pi$h made up Non Well songs and general child like behaviour, like signing and cheering when we are getting humped and playing kak against Killie.

That's just my opinion, but they really ruin football for me these days. Grow up and moan like the rest of us.

My son is part of the Ultraz movement. Surely that kind of following is better than the dire 80s nonsense of the SS, who are, I think, mostly dead or in jail now, and perhaps the likes of you, sitting stewing about a bloomin football match. It's entertainment! Sport! It's meant to be enjoyed. These guys, like our own Tartan Army, should be applauded. Why spend money at something just to leave close to a coronary?

Made up Well songs? Em, surely EVERY football song is made up? You didn't think that right through, did you?

Victor.jpg

Personally, I think we should all take a leaf out the Well Boys book. These young chaps are there every week cheering and singing and applauding the team on.

Thats what is so laughable about the whole 'Well Boys thing, it is as if these laddies are the first to actually do this kinda stuff at the club, they tend to get a but of publicity now in this age of t'internet, but it has all been done before. Most folk kinda grow out of it when adolescence kicks in a folk realise that football isnt the be all and end all when there are mortgages to pay and mouths to feed.

Am not having a go at the laddies each to their own and all that.

This thread is turning in to another thread about the Well Boys when really it was about getting behind the team. Is it that hard to stay on topic? The original poster is correct, we should get behind the team when the going gets tough but lets be honest, the attendance is just going to get lower. Il be there and I hope others who are there are in full voice. Cmon the Well! Onwards and Upwards!

In the present financial climate attendances everywhere are going to drop.

Look at just about everything else that you buy at the moment (fuel, food, house prices) it is coming down in price due to current trading conditions. Football sticks its head in the sand and does nothing (well apart from one club who decide to slash prices for a couple of clubs). Does football believe it is trading in a different market than the rest of the planet?

Bottom line is that if you have the choice of feeding your kids/paying your mortgage or shelling out over inflated prices for the sub entertainment that now masquerades as the SPL then there isnt actually a choice to be made in the long run.

Disagree,

Imagine that!? Backing the team while we're losing. Maybe you should get a bit of life aboot ye and stop sittin on yer hands moanin?

We do need to get behind the team more than ever now. It was easy to do that last season when we were playing well, but this is when supporters show their true worth.

As for the Well Boys, keep it up lads! The colour and atmos you create is superb, if anything you need to sing even more!

I have not spoken to any Mwell players directly but I know people who have both in recent times and in the past and players have commented on the intimidating nature of the East Stand in particular and Well fans in general, when things are not going well. Well fans are not good at getting behind players who are struggling.

Go and play a game of 5's with your mates and get them to shout, boo and criticise you and then see how it affects your game. It is no different for profesional players. They are human, and often young boys and do hear and are affected by the piss that comes from the stands at times.

That old chestnut of ' I pay my money and have a right to do/say as I please' is true but don't be kidded about it having a positive effect on a team. If a person really wants to support a team they at worst go and keep their negative vibes to themselves, and at best keep on encourging when the team are 2-0 down to Killie with 10 mins to go. (fr that the Well boys should be applauded)

I am not saying that it is wrong to go and moan, just that it does not help and infact makes some players (if not all) worse. I get particularly frustrated by the critisicm Mark Fitzpatrick has to suffer. I think he could be a good young player but he will have to leave Mwell to do it because he has not and is not going to get a chance at Well amongst some sections of the support.

I have not spoken to any Mwell players directly but I know people who have both in recent times and in the past and players have commented on the intimidating nature of the East Stand in particular and Well fans in general, when things are not going well. Well fans are not good at getting behind players who are struggling.

Go and play a game of 5's with your mates and get them to shout, boo and criticise you and then see how it affects your game. It is no different for profesional players. They are human, and often young boys and do hear and are affected by the piss that comes from the stands at times.

That old chestnut of ' I pay my money and have a right to do/say as I please' is true but don't be kidded about it having a positive effect on a team. If a person really wants to support a team they at worst go and keep their negative vibes to themselves, and at best keep on encourging when the team are 2-0 down to Killie with 10 mins to go. (fr that the Well boys should be applauded)

I am not saying that it is wrong to go and moan, just that it does not help and infact makes some players (if not all) worse. I get particularly frustrated by the critisicm Mark Fitzpatrick has to suffer. I think he could be a good young player but he will have to leave Mwell to do it because he has not and is not going to get a chance at Well amongst some sections of the support.

Totally agree star sail - excellent post.

I don't think the players or management are exactly enjoying the current situation that we are in either, and would like a much easier life. They need to get their fingers out, but so do we. Yeah I know we are all entitled to our opinions but booing and verbal abuse doesn't exactly help especially at the moment. They are not exactly thinking "shit I better try harder because that baldy twat in the East stand thinks that I'm playing crap". I'm sure they would love to come into the stands and tell you to feck right off, if someone spoke to you like that's exactly what you would do.

I think what the guys really need at the moment is for us to try and get right behind them as much as possible. 12th man and all that stuff, but I feel that they need that 12th man at the moment more than ever.. We've been in a lot worse situation than this over the years.

Listening to Stephen Craigen on the Radio on Sunday brought it home to me a bit, they are good guys, earning relatively good money, but not exactly a fortune. They are putting in a shift but it isn't quite clicking at the moment but I've every confidence that it will.

Keep the faith & C'MON THE WELL

Disagree,

Christ - If it aint Victor Meldrew. Imagine having a go at some kids trying to create an atmosphere and generally supporting the side. I have not studied their actions in minutae, probably because I am so concerned about what is happening on the pitch. But their hearts are in the right place.

Wellboys - ignore the moaning eejits. Keep up the good work.

That is just my opinion as we are entitled to one.

Totally agree with the orignal post, and to an extent with well girls sentiments but don't you think we've kicked the guys in the nuts enough, you only need to have seen porters reaction at the end of the accies game he came over to applaud us at the end and his face said it all for me he was gutted.

I don't believe for one second that the players or the manager don't give a toss, and if you seen the boy Saunders late in the second half against Killie he made his first error of the game but it was right in front of the East Stand and he got ripped to shreds for it.

I guess what I'm tryng to say is that as tannoy man says (well I think he does I'm on the East Stand and you know how crap the tannoy sounds in there) LETS GET RIGHT BEHIND THE WELL, maybe just try shouiting some words of encouragement instead of dogs abuse.

Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes

I don't shout abuse at the games but I can understand why supporters are getting pissed off. As I said in my original post, where I sit in the East, there are fans who sit near me who didn't have a good word to say about the team last season, never mind this. You get a 90 minute running commentary of why someone is rubbish and of course they get told how they could be doing it better. I think there's a vast difference between supporters booing out of sheer frustration at a time when Motherwell are playing poorly and people who go week in week out who don't have a good word to say about anyone. I think a lot of us have been scunnered lately to say the least and I've said what I think about McGhee in other threads. However, it's crunch time now, we do need to get behind the team.

Those moaning about the 'Well boys and Saturday Service probably done so having came from Daniels or wherever else was showing it free on Saturday.

The 'Well boys back the team probably more than anyone else and love them or loath them the Saturday Service have been following the team through thick and thin for over 20 years.Same old faces as those that go to the games will vouch. Noted presence again on Saturday when those who moaned their tits off about them being in Nancy were spending their ticket money on booze in Daniels

Those moaning about the 'Well boys and Saturday Service probably done so having came from Daniels or wherever else was showing it free on Saturday.

The 'Well boys back the team probably more than anyone else and love them or loath them the Saturday Service have been following the team through thick and thin for over 20 years.Same old faces as those that go to the games will vouch. Noted presence again on Saturday when those who moaned their tits off about them being in Nancy were spending their ticket money on booze in Daniels

You really are boring. I'm sure all the people in Jack Daniels on Saturday (myself included) don't really give a fuck what you think.