We're The Well... Can You See Us?

Guest Papaguigz

Remember recently the Booing of Ebuoe by the Le Arse fans, Sky Sports et al, interviewed all kinds of managers and players after that episode and all to a man agreed its the worst thing their own fans can do, totally destroys an already fragile confidence, some suggested it also makes some players screw up even more by trying too hard. This business of you pay your money has went too far IMO, its went from general criticism to personal insults.

I'm not suggesting that we all sign up to the Happy clappy club, but we need to be careful to remember when to draw the line.

On the subject of the Well boys, I sat next to them on sat at NDP, sang non stop and they genuinely seemed to be having a grand old time, one wee thing however, one guy sat near the back and every other comment he made was sectarian abuse aimed at McCarthy, and another very young looking fellow seemed to take offence at the Black players Accies had.

This is two guys out of I dont know how many, but bear in mind it only takes a small number for them all to be tarred by the same brush.

We might not be enjoying the game and are getting pissed off just as much as the next man but is there really anypoint in shouting abuse at players during the game :huh: ? As for the Saunders mistake at Killie that is lot of bull cause as i seem to remember everyone gave him a genuine round of applause because they could see the guy had given all his effort and had burst a gut :) . Thanks for the support towards the group again and yes we do all travel in good numbers to both home and away games but its not to look menacing or whatever we are ACTUAL fans believe it or not :lol: . Can i just say that post from suprawell is rather embarrasing :blink: actually struggle to contemplate that you are trying to get people to be quiet at games apart from moaning at players.

On the subject of the Well boys, I sat next to them on sat at NDP, sang non stop and they genuinely seemed to be having a grand old time, one wee thing however, one guy sat near the back and every other comment he made was sectarian abuse aimed at McCarthy, and another very young looking fellow seemed to take offence at the Black players Accies had.

This is two guys out of I dont know how many, but bear in mind it only takes a small number for them all to be tarred by the same brush.

Yip, a big section of the crowd was on form on saturday. Unsure of whether they were well boys or not but it was entertaining. That said, I eventually moved seats to the other side of the stand because of the absolute shite that was coming out of one group of guys. Quite a few were spouting anti-Irish pish at McCarthy and Jim O' Brien while he was warming up. Add in some anti-English drivel and primary school patter such as 'fuck off ya wee poof' (clever) directed at Accies fans, it kinda sucked the enjoyment out the game. Sad thing is it seemed to entertain a few hundred folk.

As for the original poster in this thread, well said. It's ludicrous to think a professional footballer would take any motivation from abuse dished out in the stands. They all have their own aspirations and expectations which will no doubt be the drive behind their game, behind that will be the expectations of the manager and their team mates.

I don't think booing is the problem tbh. But mainly the fact certain plays (lets just say Fizzy for arguments sake) could score a hatrick, set up another 2 have a pass completion for 90 minutes of 100% but in the 93rd minute he will give away the ball and there will be fans screaming blue murder at him!

There is, unfortunately a whole list of players past and present who also fall into this category.

but any one not pulling their weight deserves dogs, aand if they can't take it, fuckin tough

That's the thing, how do you tell the difference between someone trying hard but having a bad game and someone not pulling their weight? Some fans don't care about differentiating between the two because it gives them the chance to act like the big man.

I can never understand people who dont enjoy enjoyable things like singing/banter at the fitba.

We're all motherwell fans, and we know that glory isn't a common occurrence. So if we canny celebrate finishing 3rd, winnin the cup, being in europe, on a regular basis, then what are we suppsed to do? Sit there and boo every second man? moan about everything under the sun??? For me, goin to a well game is more of a lifestyle than just watching a team. Its about gettin up in the morning, gettin yer mates together, intae the pub, have a laf, go tae the game, git a sing song. If it wasny for that I doubt I would bother with football never mind motherwell and would probably watch it from the comfort of ma home.

The well boys are really about the only thing that brightens up the club when the football is quite frankly pish. So to all those who keep the singin goin and try to create an atmosphere. Oan yersel.

PS The banners are gid as well and I hope to see all ae them displayed at the scottish cup final this year B)