Dressing Room Tiff

jazz

I read Graeme Smith in the paper yesterday saying that McGhee was calm after the game when he was talking to the players.

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he was saying, if the manager was anything like calm in our current situation then I'm afraid he's not the right man for the job.

McGhee undoubtedly has an excellent fitness regime in place at the club, tactically we can debate him until the cows come home, but what I know for a fact is that if Terry Butcher was our manager at the moment, we would not be getting served up this disinterested, gutless dirge.

Frazzle

McGhee undoubtedly has an excellent fitness regime in place at the club,

Whilst our fitness was outstanding compared to the other clubs last year, I've yet to be convinced its been the same this year. Last year the team were constantly moving into space for one another but all to often this season we aren't moving into any space and are often static after playing the ball.

I read Graeme Smith in the paper yesterday saying that McGhee was calm after the game when he was talking to the players.

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he was saying, if the manager was anything like calm in our current situation then I'm afraid he's not the right man for the job.

McGhee undoubtedly has an excellent fitness regime in place at the club, tactically we can debate him until the cows come home, but what I know for a fact is that if Terry Butcher was our manager at the moment, we would not be getting served up this disinterested, gutless dirge.

Frazzle

Whit! How the fuck would shouting and screaming at the players change a thing! It certainly didn't help under Butcher, and I doubt it will help here either. I think some people forget the different Butcher from me, I'm sorry some of his matches were just as poor as we have been this season. And yes, he did have a right go at the players, but at times it didn't help!

Whit! How the fuck would shouting and screaming at the players change a thing! It certainly didn't help under Butcher, and I doubt it will help here either. I think some people forget the different Butcher from me, I'm sorry some of his matches were just as poor as we have been this season. And yes, he did have a right go at the players, but at times it didn't help!

And lets not forget he guided us to a glorious 12th in the SPL.

I actually agree with you on this one, if there were stories of McGhee in screaming and shouting at players shocker, then I think we'd be on here giving him pelters, he doesn't scream and shout and he's still getting pelters. If someone's confidence is at rock bottom, shouting and screaming at them isn't going to motivate them. Craigan mentioned it on the radio show, he spoke about situations where managers shouted and screamed in people's faces and if it had been anyone on the street doing it he'd have smacked them in the face. Of course the culture in football is different but that doesn't necessarily make it acceptable. The players seem to be at an all time low, shouting and screaming in their faces telling them they are crap isn't necessarily the best way to motivate them at this point in time. They get enough of that from the sidelines at times.

Also add to that the rants and abuse dished out by Heggarty when he was assistant - that did bugger all to help the team!!

Again relaible source (i cant say for official secrets reasons) McGhee still has the confidence of the players, and the dressing room is, as far as can be told, fairly tight, so the rumours are nonsense, as already mentioned by others!!

The above is a rumour also isn't it? "Reliable source?" A player, player's dad, tea lady, someone who had their ear pressed up against the dressing room wall said that Mark McGhee has the confidence of the players. Either name your source or leave it out.

indeed, as Craigan said on the radio the other day, when a manager starts bawling and yelling at you, you tend to switch off.

Bawling/shouting/swearing whatever only works, in my opinion, if a manager does it once in a blue moon. Its equally valid to say that if you get the "disapointed/let yourself down" speach a few times you'll eventually switch off to that too.

Exactly.

Have you seen burley sometimes.

"Well done faddy, c'mon keep it up"

This is a direct qoute from the macedonia game, heard it on the telly during the game.

I'm sorry, but would i fuck be saying keep it up if my team was getting beat 1-0 by macedonia.

A balling once in a while does people the world of good. Craigan, he's one to talk :blink: he gives players a right rolicking sometimes, and fuking good on him.

Honestly, if a manager's nicey nicey all the time that definitely won't work.

I dare anyone to tell Sir Alex that bawling at players once in a while doesn't work.