Brian Mclaughlin

SuperSteelman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi

A couple of years ago you sent me a couple of links to watch Brian McLaughlin in action for the Well, is it possible for you to send me them again as I cannot get the links on the Steelmen site to open.

If you could also tell me where the links come from I can maybe get someone to put them disc for me so I do not lose them again.

Thanks in advance as this means a lot to me as I grew up with Brian and played for the same teams as him in his very Early years.

Cheers

Brian O'Neill

brianoneill@btconnect.com

I am very sad to hear of this, cannot believe its been three years since his passing. Brian was a real quality player, naturally gifted and the players that played for us in that era '76 to '83 (with the exception of that prat of a rangers manager (wallace)) was a great time to be a Motherwell fan and am glad I saw Brian and others play.

RIP 'Super'

That makes me smile BB and reminds me of a pair of Motherwell pj's I had as a wean. When I was done with them the skin and blister got them...and then any poor bugger under the age of about four who happened to stay overnight with us.

God only knows how these things lasted all that time. If you ran too fast wearing them I'm sure sparks would fly off them such was the cheap and nasty material.

• 6 months later...

The keeper in that photo a few posts up, has a fine tache indeed.

Shuggie Sproat.

Famous for the tache, "Shuggie Shuggie, swing on the bar!", marking opposing centre forward a the half way line when we were taking a corner, having a snowball fight with fans while the play was in the other half.

• 2 months later...

I'll always worship BMcL for that second goal at home to Dumbarton in the Scottish Cup. (Hard to believe but Dumbarton were the "big club" that day.)

Ally McLeod signed him (£100, 000) on the same day he (Ally) was signing copies of his autobiography in Grant's bookshop on Jamaica Street. I nipped down from Listen Records - hello, Pie - to get my copy autographed but was deemed too fat and ugly scruffy to have my photie taken by the press guy there.

He lived to regret it. No-one else turned up.

I'll always worship BMcL for that second goal at home to Dumbarton in the Scottish Cup. (Hard to believe but Dumbarton were the "big club" that day.)

Ally McLeod signed him (£100, 000) on the same day he (Ally) was signing copies of his autobiography in Grant's bookshop on Jamaica Street. I nipped down from Listen Records - hello, Pie - to get my copy autographed but was deemed too fat and ugly scruffy to have my photie taken by the press guy there.

He lived to regret it. No-one else turned up.

:laugh: Ally signed my copy of his book a FP in his office in the house next to the stadium.