Ticket Prices

patons02

Can't justify going to football every week. Costing neary £50 plus just for admission to an away game for me and 2 boys. I was lifted over when younger and was hooked because I went every week but got to be honest I doubt my boys will continue to go when older.

It's the Kids prices they should realy sort first, shouldn't be anymore than a fiver.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got tickets kicking about somewhere from 1985, 1986 and the face value's about £3.50 £4.00 for an OF game at Fir Park and if I mind right there was a 50p hike on the regular charge. Robbin bar stewards even then

I remember no long after that a great fanzine called The Absolute Game did a study on the rate of increase and it was alarming then.

I suppose some things have increased at the same rate - gig tickets n that while other things haven't CDs for instance have been a tenner or thereaboots for centuries.

Laughing at a few of Thatchers disciples on here. "If I've paid full price the poor can fuck off" :nod:

The comparisons with Springsteen etc are off the mark too as I don't see The Boss struggling to fill more than 50% of the seats at each show, yer guaranteed a performance everytime ye turn up, it's once every 5 years, and yer guaranteed that everyone in the first team breaks sweat.

Next ye'll be wantin to take the free school milk off the weans FFS!!

seems to be prices at Away games that are ridiculous, the other night a looked up on the site to see how much the tickets for aberdeen away were and they wer £16 for me to get in! :doh: , you also need to look at your traveling expenses to get to Aberdeen, then you also have to look at how many empty seats there were. Explains why the attendance and atmosphere in Scotland is no where near the standards of countrys like France Germany ect.

Explains why the attendance and atmosphere in Scotland is no where near the standards of countrys like France Germany ect.

the number of people who attend games in scotland as a % of the total population is higher than it is in either of those countries.

germany has a population of 82 million and france 65 million. that's why they have bigger attendances.

May have been covered before, but can you pay for your season ticket this season via direct debit month by month?

In short, aye!

The Ticket Office at Fir Park will have details I'm sure and get you to fill out the necessary forms when purchasing.

If you think our tickets prices are bad, games in London and surrounding area even at Conference level are priced outrageously. Grays charge £13 for a conference (5th division game). West Ham v Spurs this sunday, ticket cost £51, tickets started at £45. Thats right, the cheapest ticket for Upton Park was £45. Games at the Emirates, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Craven Cottage this seaon you will easily be paying £50/60+ for a ticket.

Can't justify going to football every week. Costing neary £50 plus just for admission to an away game for me and 2 boys. I was lifted over when younger and was hooked because I went every week but got to be honest I doubt my boys will continue to go when older.

It's the Kids prices they should realy sort first, shouldn't be anymore than a fiver.

Great point mate. This whole thread was started because St Johnstone saw fit to charge an 18 year old student full admission price, who by the way recieves absolutely feck all money from from the government or education people (unless he takes a student loan) .

Fair play to M/well and some other clubs, as we give these guys a discount but is it enough?

He is striving to get a part time job to get some kind of earning without the constant drain of resourse from his parents. :lol:

Albie

It's a bit of a grey area and probably all in the detail but I didn't think they were allowed to charge home and away fans differently and you should be able to enter the family area, even with club colours on. When I went to football as a kid in the eighties with my dad it was fairly common to have shared parent and child areas, although these were normally in the main stand where it was generally considered ok to have visiting supporters such as the older fans and families, as this was often the only seated accommodation available.

It's a bit of a grey area and probably all in the detail but I didn't think they were allowed to charge home and away fans differently and you should be able to enter the family area, even with club colours on. When I went to football as a kid in the eighties with my dad it was fairly common to have shared parent and child areas, although these were normally in the main stand where it was generally considered ok to have visiting supporters such as the older fans and families, as this was often the only seated accommodation available.

Kind of - they cannot charge differently in comparable areas. So they will have to change the Aberdeen fans in our stand the same as us I would imagine. Depends how they define their stands.

i agree why should unemployed get cheaper tickets 90% probably work on the side meaning they have more cash than some folk who work

I like your assumption about 90% of people who are unemployed working on the side.

Do you have any actual evidence to back that up? Or are you just talking nonsense?

but I still stand by the basic point that if anyone is on the dole and struggling they shouldn't be spending the proposed £10 on a fitba match.

This is a ridiculous statement to be honest, Brazilian.

Looking at the months of September & October of this season, there are two home matches in each month.

Thats £20 if we go by the £10 entry fee for unemployed people per month, which is £5 a week.

Taking £5 from a £65 unemployment payment isn't beyond the realms of reality, is it?

Your basically talking about the price of a packet of cigarettes or two pints.

Wellgirl came up with some pretty valid & interesting points, and your response is to accuse her of "harping on" about getting unemployed people into Fir Park.

She made something like two posts mentioning unemployed people, and also made points regarding students and juvenile ticket schemes, all of which are worth looking at.

Easy tigers! - :O

Who's gonna be first to mention that some folk on the bru drink and smoke and all those usual points.

We have a winner :P

David I really cant be bothered with going over it all again, guess I'm just an old fashioned guy that believes that when I'm struggling financially, what little income I am getting should not be going on Drink, Fags or attending Football matches

I've also re-read the thread and can't find these good points made about students and juveniles other than wellgirl referring to the fact they are alreay offered reduced entry. Harping on is because I've read it on more than one website under more than one user name, and I still don't believe her proposal of simply reducing entry for unemployed folk to be ideal

I've said before I'm all for filling seats in Fir Park and in general reducing prices is to be supported but doing it in the manner proposed would not be my first choice.

I'm harping on a bit now, better shutup and jog on in case folk think i'm ridiculous and not being honest

David I really cant be bothered with going over it all again, guess I'm just an old fashioned guy that believes that when I'm struggling financially, what little income I am getting should not be going on Drink, Fags or attending Football matches

Despite the fact that you have already said you don't think that life should grind to a halt simply because you happen to be out of work, you don't think unemployed people should be using £5 per week from their income to attend a football game?

I'd say that a price-cut for unemployed people is just as valid as it is for students, especially considering the unemployment level we have in the Motherwell area.

I've also re-read the thread and can't find these good points made about students and juveniles other than wellgirl referring to the fact they are alreay offered reduced entry.

The fact is, you could have someone who is a student who is as well off as someone who works but still gets a discount, you could have someone over 60 who qualifies for a concession who is still in full time employment.

Aberdeen have a scheme where if people work in certain jobs that they do unsocial hours, they have the option of buying a 10 game season ticket.

I've posted two quotes for you there chief, which shows that she's at least looking to discuss the various ideas and ways in which we would look at getting more bums on seats.

Sure, she mentioned unemployment as well, but she's far from "harping on about it".

In fact, having read over the thread, i'd go as far as to say that it's you who is doing all the "harping on" about unemployed fans in this thread, not her.

I'm harping on a bit now, better shutup and jog on in case folk think i'm ridiculous and not being honest

:P