Keith Lasley

faddythedaddy

Yes i think he'll be back in the holding midfield role. With Reynolds at left back. I'd try Hammell left midfield. We need to have a bit of experience as well. Against St Johnstone i felt they were getting through oud midfield too easily and away from home we need a wee bit more dig. :mellow: .

Yes i think he'll be back in the holding midfield role. With Reynolds at left back. I'd try Hammell left midfield. We need to have a bit of experience as well. Against St Johnstone i felt they were getting through oud midfield too easily and away from home we need a wee bit more dig. :mellow: .

Bingo. I reckon Hammells attacking attributes far outweigh his defending.

I think any talk of selling anyone at this stage is ludicrous considering our squad size.

Its all very well saying the youngsters can fill the gaps but the minute theres a slump, or 2 goals are conceded in the first 20 mins against the Old Firm, their heads are likely to go down & panic could set in. Players such as Hammell & Lasley have been there done that & a bit of experience....composure even is what is needed in situations like this.

With Gannon showing he's not scared to drop an "established" player they'll know when they have a chance to get back in the starting eleven they'll have to impress.

I may be wrong but I think Gannon seems to be one of these managers who likes to adapt his team to however the day's opponents play. The first round of matches will be a bit of an exploratory exercise but I expect the second load of matches to see the team chop and change as the opposition dictates.

Bingo. I reckon Hammells attacking attributes far outweigh his defending.

I think any talk of selling anyone at this stage is ludicrous considering our squad size.

Its all very well saying the youngsters can fill the gaps but the minute theres a slump, or 2 goals are conceded in the first 20 mins against the Old Firm, their heads are likely to go down & panic could set in. Players such as Hammell & Lasley have been there done that & a bit of experience....composure even is what is needed in situations like this.

With Gannon showing he's not scared to drop an "established" player they'll know when they have a chance to get back in the starting eleven they'll have to impress.

only thing with hammell is he goes flying down the wing then stops and cuts inside, if only he had the confidence to hit the by-line

I've always been a fan of Lasley. In the last season of his first spell (2003/04) I thought he was absolutely tremendous. However, it has been brought up on here before that he's not imposing enough to be a defensive midfielder, not enough of a threat going forward to be an attacking player, not fast enough to play wide, so it is uncertain which role he would revel in.

I think the fact he may be used less and less in this campaign is reflected in the fact that Butcher and McGhee often had the tendency to leave him out the team, and early indications show Gannon has too. Maybe they can see things we can't.

We don't have a big enough squad to be shipping any out the door. Players like Las will feature over the season when injuries, suspensions and slumps in form kick in.

Keith is carrying a slight injury he said on sunday he hoped to be fit for today but wasn't likely.

He's played three times from the start and had one sub appearance out of seven games under Gannon. If the above is correct I imagine he's very much still in the frame, as he should be.

We had the same talk about Hammell earlier and it turned out to be nonsense.