Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past season or two I've put a score on Kris Boyd as Anytime Scorer, against sides like Kilmarnock & Falkirk, at evens a few times and doubled my money every time.

If Kevin Kyle is similiar odds on Saturday, I could see a hefty sum going on him!

Over the past season or two I've put a score on Kris Boyd as Anytime Scorer, against sides like Kilmarnock & Falkirk, at evens a few times and doubled my money every time.

If Kevin Kyle is similiar odds on Saturday, I could see a hefty sum going

With Kyles aerial ability and physical presence , together with our suspect defending of set pieces , I think this is a pretty good bet .

Still fancy a 3-1 home win though !

two goals from kilmarnock yesterday were completely avoidable, i mean kk was left and the back post unmarked and hamil walked thorugh the centre of accies defence to pick up the 2nd.

Got to be said what a strike for kyle's 2nd though, there is a definate difference in the quality of the goals i'v eseen this weekend forbes,kyle,mcgeady,aluko all crackers oh and lee mccullochs wasny bad either looks as if its going to be an interesting season.

If we tighten up our defence i can see us getting goals with a decent home crowd.

So 3 - 1 is fair enough but kilmarnock are never easy even when they are piss poor they seem to pick up points against us!!

Mon the well i'll be making my motherwell debute this week an aw as a program seller canny wait lol ;)

Little bit worried about this one.

Kyle has been terrific since he joined Killie and scored some tremendous goals at the weekend, he's not just a head on a tall body, he's dangerous all over the field - probably the most dangerous striker in the league right now.

Kilmarnock also look strong across the midfield - Hamill, Bryson, Taouil, Pascali, Invincibile.

Might be a few goals in this one - at either end.

Everyones goin on about how Kevin Kyles gonna have a field day against us, not just on this board either.

Seems we've brought this phobia of corners over from last season, I think if Gannon were to be so bold to drop Craigan completely this decision won't pay off & might come back to bite him in the balls.

Ok so we had more energy against St Johnstone in the 2nd half and ultimately his decisions got us back in the match but lets not forget the defence was twice as bad as it was in the 1st.

The defence is a concern. I think Hammell should be the most worried about keeping his place after Saturday. Somebody may well have to man mark Kyle and smash him wherever he goes! Their midfield does look quite good. What happened to Killie being skint? How come they've managed to retain all their best players?

There was a consensus going round that Killie would struggle this season due to their financial woes.

At the end of the day though, they are one of the few teams in the league who have not been weakened over the summer.

Too early to be predicting a starting lineup but on the back of Saturday I'd be looking to move Reynolds to left back and maybe put Jennings in midfield. Most importanly however, Gannon needs to work out he can accomodate Murphy in a central role.

Against Flamurtari the combination of Sutton and Murphy, with Sutton playing almost in the 'hole' worked well.

McHugh did really well against St Johnstone, but I reckon Sutton would have thrived on the balls into the box had he been kept on for the second half playing alongside Murphy.

There's plenty of scope for getting Murphy in the middle I reckon.

This will be a humdinnger, both teams looking for a good start to the SPL, i think there could be goals in this game however it'll probably end up a drab 0 v 0.

Still i think we can win this game, some match sharpness and team getting to know each other i think with the home crowd we should win 2 v 1. Defence shocking as ever, Craigans past it.

Goals from Coke and Sutton.

Against Flamurtari the combination of Sutton and Murphy, with Sutton playing almost in the 'hole' worked well.

McHugh did really well against St Johnstone, but I reckon Sutton would have thrived on the balls into the box had he been kept on for the second half playing alongside Murphy.

There's plenty of scope for getting Murphy in the middle I reckon.

I agree mate so would you then go with just Coke and Forbes in the midfield? I'd be tempted to go with that but it does leave our somewhat insecure defence open to greater pressure.

Unfortunately I can see a defeat coming. There have been so many times when Kilmarnock have hit us with a sucker punch at Fir Park even when we've been the better team by Jim Jeffries admission.

I just can't see that we have the individuals ( no matter the team selection) to deal with Kyle in the air and he's been looking pretty tidy on the ground as well. After his good form in the second half of last season I really expected a Championship team to gazump Killie in the summer as he had only been on a short term deal.

The good thing is that I reckon only six players are guaranteed to start for us on Saturday(Ruddy, Hutchison, Reynolds, Forbes, Coke and O'Brien), the rest of the team is anybody's guess. What formation will we play? Who knows. Yes, we'll probably struggle a bit with Kyle, but at least Kilmarnock will be scratching their head until Saturday afternoon as to what our team will be. Hamstrings their preparations a wee bit...

Its another hard one to call.

I didn't really see why Killie were being touted by a few as foot of the table strugglers. They had a really dodgy start to the year but when they started getting some of their injured players back and Kyle arrived they were probably one of the form teams in the league from March onwards.

Frustrating as they were I don't know that last season's results will have much bearing on things as we're a much changed animal since then. I think we'll know all what a Jim Jefferies team is about but they might not be sure about our players or how we'll line up so there's perhaps a wee advantage to be gleaned there.

I wouldn't be surprised if started with the same attacking formation - if not personnel - we finished with Saturday to try to get the initiative. An early goal in the first home game of the season could really get the coincidence flowing amongst some of the younger guys and set them up.

I'm also well aware ofthe flip side of that particular scenario in front of the East Stand judge and jury if we lose an early goal but lets not go there......

In short I don't have a scooby how it'll go.