Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A terrific performance from all players and a terrific result. Remember we failed to beat Kilmarnock on four occasions last season so this is certainly a step forward.

I thought we played some lovely football, showed great energy and desire and were fully committed in every aspect of our play yesterday.

The goals came at exactly the right time. The second goal gave us a vital cushion because at 1-0 any team is never out of a game and I thought they would've been delighted to only gone in one goal down considering the roasting they'd had. The third goal was vital and killed them off because they were just beginning to get wee bit on top of us and had they got a goal back it might have put us in trouble.

I don't think we had a failure but I would give special mention to Saunders, Hutchison, Hately, Coke and O'Brien. The first three of these played with a style and maturity that belied their youth.

If we did have a fault, it was perhaps in not converting some our terrific play into more goals and if we'd won 5 or 6 nil Kilmarnock could have had no complaints.

I have been really impressed by Jim Gannon so far and I like his refreshing attitude towards young players and not being afraid to make early changes if he thinks something's not working out. And so far his approach has made for entertainment which is also a pleasant change.

They probably will lose more games than they will win but if they continue to play this brand of on-the-carpet easy on the eye football I for one will not complain.

This may not be the done thing.......but how about a word of praise for the ref yesterday.

He got just about everything right and did not allow our youngsters to be bullied. Think of any match against a team sent out by Jeffries and you'll realise what a difference that made. Once it became obvious that Kyle, Salmon and (later on )Invincible would not be allowed to get away with elbows etc., Killie were struggling. A decent ref definately helped us with Forbes and Co being allowed to play football.

Hope we get the same protection against the OF and Hearts. Knowing our luck we'll be landed with well hater Dougie McD for those games.

This may not be the done thing.......but how about a word of praise for the ref yesterday.

He got just about everything right and did not allow our youngsters to be bullied. Think of any match against a team sent out by Jeffries and you'll realise what a difference that made. Once it became obvious that Kyle, Salmon and (later on )Invincible would not be allowed to get away with elbows etc., Killie were struggling. A decent ref definately helped us with Forbes and Co being allowed to play football.

Hope we get the same protection against the OF and Hearts. Knowing our luck we'll be landed with well hater Dougie McD for those games.

totally agree with you but the linesman in front of the east stand was better than usual , he actually waved for a foul !!!!!

A significant number of our support need someone to target every season. I dunno the reasons for it, maybe folk just have such shite lives that they need someone to berate on a Saturday in order to make themselves feel better.

Whatever the reasons, it looks like Fitzpatrick isn't going to feature much this season, so the East Stand will need another Motherwell player to single out.

You surely don't seriously mean that?

A significant number of our support need someone to target every season. I dunno the reasons for it, maybe folk just have such shite lives that they need someone to berate on a Saturday in order to make themselves feel better.

Whatever the reasons, it looks like Fitzpatrick isn't going to feature much this season, so the East Stand will need another Motherwell player to single out.

I actually predicted that it would be Jennings on an another thread where a Tranmere fan said he was a confidence player. It would be typical Motherwell to land a talented player who plays well when he's confident, and then completely shatter his confidence by claiming he's shite.

This east stand stuff is starting to get a bit tedious, if someone is shouting at a player then all you have to do is shout your support louder but slagging of an entire section of the support is totally unfair as the team get some great backing from in that end

I actually predicted that it would be Jennings on an another thread where a Tranmere fan said he was a confidence player. It would be typical Motherwell to land a talented player who plays well when he's confident, and then completely shatter his confidence by claiming he's shite.

I also thought it would be Jennings, but for the reason that he is supposedly the sort of player that you only realise how much he does when he is not playing.

Motherwell fans have a habit of jumping on this kind players back, Derek Adams and Fitzpatrick for example

I concede that many Motherwell fans know fuck all about football, but I don't believe for a second that any Motherwell fans go to games wanting and needing to hate one of their own players.

That said, there are still probably a few 'Well fans out there that don't rate Jim O'Brien.

I concede that many Motherwell fans know fuck all about football, but I don't believe for a second that any Motherwell fans go to games wanting and needing to hate one of their own players.

That said, there are still probably a few 'Well fans out there that don't rate Jim O'Brien.

Might I suggest that this is a bit of a random quote?

O'Brien had a good game yesterday and I have voted him MOM; however many who watch more games than I do admitted that it was well overdue. [East Stand rows J-L 90s].

Killie were rank yesterday. Their best player, the Morrocan #10 only got going in the last half hour. Whilst a welcome confidence-builder, an O'Brien MOM in these circumstances means very little regarding the big picture.

Just my 5 Rappen.

SD

Hutchinson's strike was something a striker would have been proud of, what a hit.

He's the new Van der Gaag. The central defender who races up front to bang in the goals.

Incidentally, last year the big problem we had was only the strikers scored goals and no one else was chipping in.

Well already this season Shaun Hutchinson had scored more goals (3 goals) than our entire first choice defence from last season (Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell - 1 goal) and Ross Forbes has scored more goals (5 goals) than our entire first choice midfield from last season (Lasley, Hughes, Klimpl, O'Brien - 4 goals).