Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

I agree mate so would you then go with just Coke and Forbes in the midfield? I'd be tempted to go with that but it does leave our somewhat insecure defence open to greater pressure.

Coke and Forbes are the two in posession of the jerseys, and I'd say they did nothing to suggest they'll lose them on Saturday.

A lot of people are concerned about Kevin Kyle, but playing Reynolds in the holding role again would allow him to hopefully cut off the supply to him.

The whole defence was a bit shaky on Saturday, but they are all decent defenders and on form will be fine. As has been mentioned elsewhere, you could put both goals conceded on Saturday down to individual errors when clearing the danger and if we can cut that out then so much the better.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I be the first to say Kyle's a big diddy.

Well I wish he was our 'big diddy', as he's exactly what we need just now(or at least one of them) - a big, strong centre forward who is good in the air, can hold the ball up and score plenty of goals.

A lot of people are concerned about Kevin Kyle, but playing Reynolds in the holding role again would allow him to hopefully cut off the supply to him.

The whole defence was a bit shaky on Saturday, but they are all decent defenders and on form will be fine. As has been mentioned elsewhere, you could put both goals conceded on Saturday down to individual errors when clearing the danger and if we can cut that out then so much the better.

You would think you knew what you were talking about!! Who told you all that stuff?

:P:rolleyes:

You would think you knew what you were talking about!! Who told you all that stuff?

:P:ph34r:

l just thought back to how I managed to keep you out the game on a Friday night back in the day!! ↲

:wacko:

I can see us getting beat to be honest. :lol: . Should be a good game mind you something like 2-3 with Kyle a certainty to score :mad: . We couldn't even beat their RESERVES last season and Jeffries would've seen glaring deficiences in our defence against Saints. Be ready for an areal bombardment and watching every ball into our box through you're fingers folks. If im wrong i'll be DELIGHTED.

First goal will be crucial on Saturday,just like it usually is in an SPL game. Interesting to see if Craigan and Sutton start;I expect they will. Who plays at right-back is another conundrum for Gannon to ponder Kilmarnock will have taken a lot of confidence from their opening day win but if we defend properly I can see us sneaking it.

My team would be

------------------Ruddy---------------------

---Hately----Craigan----Hutchinson----Hammell

-------------------Lasley---------------------

-----------Forbes---------Coke---------------

---Humphrey--------------------O'Brien-------

-------------------Sutton--------------------

Kyle will cause all sorts of problems, and I can see a high scoring game, I'll go for 3-2 'Well.

One of those ones you really want to win, we should win and If we don't it will be a gutter. Will be tough though and would take a 1-0 right now.

As long as Hutchy, Coke and Forbes are in the starting line up we have a chance. The rest of the positions we can gamble on as no-one is a certainty. With Aberdeen away and then the blue scum I think we HAVE to be winning this one and if we don't we will look back on it for weeks as a chance missed.

One of those ones you really want to win, we should win and If we don't it will be a gutter. Will be tough though and would take a 1-0 right now.

As long as Hutchy, Coke and Forbes are in the starting line up we have a chance. The rest of the positions we can gamble on as no-one is a certainty. With Aberdeen away and then the blue scum I think we HAVE to be winning this one and if we don't we will look back on it for weeks as a chance missed.

I agree with that. This is a must win, I would have been happy with 4 poits from the first 2 games and feel we need that because if we lose we start to ask the question when our first win is going to come. I still think we will win 3-2 and it will be a rollercoaster of a game. We will go behind at least once in the game.

Killie fans fancy us as a team to struggle this season. Some are raving about a New Zealand international winger that they have and of course big kyle. He is def going to score against us. Anybody know who to phone for getting an announcement/scoreboard message at fir park.

I feel they have as much to worry about with our pace and enthusiasm. We should match them in midfield and are capable of getting goals from a variety of players. Time for Murphy to show against premier opposition and O'Brien is improving.

'Mon the "Well

I am impressed by those on hear who have managed to get a handle on Gannon's formations. It has been very interesting and like others I have been pleased to see that he is not scared to change if all is not going well.

I have found it difficult to keep track of the players and the positions they are playing. What I find most interesting has been his use of Reynolds. Like McGhee, Gannon seems to see Reynolds as one of the few automatic starts and yet he has not looked totally comfortable in any of the positions he has played so far this season. There is no doubt he is a talanted player but his proper position is still a bit of a mystery. For me he is too lightweight to be a Central Defender. I would like to think that the holding midfield role is the place for him but he has not been totally convincing in that position yet. That leaves Left Back. I think that may be where he plays this Saturday.

The question then is what happens to Hammell? I think he will be on the bench as Slane, O Brien and Humphries are the prefered wide players at the moment.

The rest is full of questions. Will Craigan start? Will Sutton start? Where does Jennings fit into the plan? Is Hatley our new Right Back? It's all very exciting and what's more Jim Jefferies will be scratching his head wondering what team he will be up against.

I think there are only three positions that are fairly settled Ruddy, Coke and Forbes.

I am not going to begin to guess a scoreline as it could be anything. We could score 5, they could score 5. Fun times to be a Well fan.

Killie fans fancy us as a team to struggle this season. Some are raving about a New Zealand international winger that they have and of course big kyle.

he's a cb whos playing at rb

i wouldnt expect too many changes from the team that beat hamilton

also agree it could be high scoring, we have arguably the worst two centre backs in the league in ford and wright (outwith marvin andrews ha) but we have kyle and sammon our secret weapon, so dont tell anyone about him B-)

From my point of view Killie are due a humping from us to make up for all the last minute sickeners we've had to endure!

However I will be surprised if its anything other than a close game on Saturday. They will have the confidence from a handsome win and a clean sheet, not to mention a striker bang in form.

We can point to a decent comeback with a young side plus some great goals so far, so it is a tough one to call.

Much the same team for me, probably with Slane on the bench as O'Brien doesn't deserve to be left out. 2-1 for us in the end but another nail-biter.

Don't know what team to play to be honest. Hammell could do well to keep his place as he was as awful on Saturday as he was great against Steau! I'd also say Humphreys and McHugh did enough to warrant a start and if Slanes fit he's got to start in my opinion.

Whatever happens, the defending and clearing our lines needs to be much much better.

I hate these types of games. The type where we really have to take the 3 points against teams that are historically our nearest challengers in the league at home. More so on this occassion with Aberdeen away and Rangers the following week which again are historically notoriously difficult fixtures to get points from for us. Would be great to head to Pittodrie with 4 points on board for many reasons, mainly the confidence of the team.

Whilst this is a must win, it's definately a must must not lose. I have no idea what the score will be though.