Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now of the belief that if we lose this game, it's a dogfight for us this season.

Agree with your earlier post but not necesarily this one. If I remember right we had one point out of a possible nine after the first three games last season. Add to that our first win was away to Hibs, which is never easy, goes to show the unpredictable nature of our league. Top two aside.

Hamilton and Falkirk will be the big strugglers imo this season. I expect Killie, St Mirren, and S Johnstone to have fairly comfortable seasons but with no real fear of the drop.

I'm fairly apprehensive about Saturday. First game at Fir Park and against a team that pretty much owned us last season. Sure defensively they aren't the best but I'd be delighted with a striker like Kyle in our side.

Both teams will score. For me that is a given. I'd be over the moon wth a win of any margin......but wouldn't be upset with a draw either.

Heart says 3-2 win for us. Head says another 2-2 draw.

I'd play;

Ruddy

Hateley, Craigan, Hutchinson, Hammell (I'd play him as he has LOTS to prove)

Reynolds

Slane Forbes Coke Murphy

Sutton

Depending on how things were going I'd look to swap O'Brien (if fit) for Slane/Murphy and McHugh for Sutton. Possibly even Humphrey for a defender and going 4-5-1.

It is but I'd swap O'Brien and Slane around. If, as I said Slane is fit. I'd expect a better delivery from Slane, and as I should have said in my previous post, Murphy to sit RIGHT BEHIND Sutton to feed off the knock downs from the million headers he is sure to win.

Our defence is a big leaky fanny at the moment (much like last season, and the one before that, and the one........) however we seem to be on the edge of working out how to score a lot of goals. I think the season might involve a lot of scoring one more than the opposition. I know that might seem like stating to the obvious but you know what I mean.

No idea how this game will pan out but for the reasons stated above I expect there it will be at least another 4 goal game. Maybe another 2-2?

I'm not sure whether he will play on friday but if he doesn't it may be an indication that he could start on Saturday. I would start him because I think a really fast start by taking the game right to Killie could prove plentiful. I do worry about the defence like everyome else but we do have the potential to kill this game off really early.

I would second that nethertonwellfan. I would like to see him start up front with John Sutton and see what happens. I would like to see something along the lines of this.

GK-John Ruddy

LB-Hammell

CB-Craigan

CB-Reynolds

RB-Hately

LM-Slane

CM-Forbes

CM-Coke

RM-O'Brien/Humprhies (either would do I can't make my mind up who to start.)

ST-Sutton

ST-McHugh

We will probably line up totally different to that as we have seen Gannon has played many different selections so far. It is just a starting line up that I would like to see.

I predict we will nick this by a sneaky goal. Will go 2-1 for us.

Canny wait for this one. Canny wait to get back to Fir Park. Canny wait for wee Dougie to pour me a pint in the Cooper. Canny wait tae break open the new Season Tickets and meet up wae the troops again. The wee man's right up for it too, I fully expect the "who's that player dad" for at least the first 88 minutes.

Right up for this one.

Did a mention that a canny wait?

Forecast? Oh, 0-2 no doubt! :ph34r:

I have to agree with those concerned about Kyle. There does seem to be something of an inevitability about him scoring. If we can keep to the one lapse I optimistic we can come away with the 3 points.

Would like to see Slane and Lasley fit. Not necesarily to start but as options. I been unimpressed with Jennings thus far and whilst still tag on the usual to early judge plamf. I'd like to see Lasley available, he not a world beater but reliable and will graft away and dig in.

Is Jennings still injured for this one?

Doesn't look like it:

Motherwell will not risk Paul Slane for the visit of Kilmarnock unless he has fully recovered from a calf problem.

The 17-year-old winger pulled out of the starting line-up at St Johnstone 10 minutes before kick-off and has missed several days of training this week.

Jim Gannon's only other absentee is Darren Smith, who is expected to be out for several months with a hip problem.

Teams:

Motherwell (from): Ruddy, Hateley, Hammell, Reynolds, Craigan, Hutchinson, Coke, Forbes, Sutton, Murphy, O'Brien, Humphrey, McHugh, McGarry, Jennings, Fraser, Slane, Saunders.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scott...Motherwell.html

It's a difficult game to call if we defend like we did last week we won't stand a chance but if we are like what we were in the second half apart from the defensive side of the performance i think we will win quite comfortably. If Slane is fit bring him back in for Craigan and leave Sutton on again for the first half to see how he fairs and mark Kevin Kyle if needed.

I'm going to try and predict JG's thoughts against Killie. I assume Slane won't be risked. No sign of the new striker or right back either.

Ruddy

Hateley-Craigan-Hutchinson-Reynolds

Humphrey- Coke-Forbes-O'Brien

Murphy

McHugh

I think Humphrey and McHugh may get a start because of their performances last week. JG doesn't take any passengers so Hammell may get dropped. My only concern then is Reynolds being asked to play a third position in as many matches.

I see both sides scoring - but I feel we are due a win over Killie so will take us to score one goal more than them. 2-1

I've no been so excited on a Friday night about a run-of-the-mill league game at FP for ages!!

Cannae wait!

I know it is like us to fuck these chances up against fellow diddy teams at home but I have a niggling feeling we will win tommorow, maybe even by a few goals. 4-1 perhaps.

Looking forward to seeing Forbes, Coke etc.. strut their stuff again anyway!!

'Mon the 'Well!!!