Taxi Driver Story About Mr Mcghoo - Another Blinder From John Boyle!

Big Stall

Right, before we go further I will be first to admit that i always was a vehement McGhee defender, appreciator, supporter etc.etc, and im also a little bit drunk.

As time go's on we hear more and more and see Jim Gannon deliver.

So, tonight after the game im taking the breadknife out for a nice meal to celebrate her birthday (really I was still celebrating todays match!) Im talking to the taxi driver, telling him about the 'well, and how Forbes and Slane are going to be running the show for Scotland in a few years......

He starts telling me that he's driven John Boyle about alot. Boyle tells him that as good as McGhee was, Boyle wasn't happy that McGhee always said something was missing, even though we provided him with everything he asked for.

Then, supposedly near the end Boyle got wind of McGhee doing a 'quiet deal' with celtic for two of our youngsters! Boyle himself slammed the brakes on that one!

He didnt have names but given what we'v all read on here its a good guess to think Slane, and if McGhee had sense, Forbes too.

What a prick!

If the taxi driver is to be believed (and this is a Glasgow taxi driver, not a 'well one) and my wine soaked ramblings, then McGhee is a bigger fanny than even Melvin Bragg thought, and John Boyle has continued his summer of playing a blinder!!

Mon the 'well!!!!!

I'd like to say I'm surprised by the (alleged) behaviour of McShovelface but I'm not that good a liar... :cheers:
If Boyle is divulging business secrets to a cabbie, then it's him that should be embarrassed by this story regardless of it's subject matter.

If Boyle is divulging business secrets to a cabbie, then it's him that should be embarrassed by this story regardless of it's subject matter.

I know what you mean, but is it a business secret really? If McGhee has already moved on?

And the more I think about it, as much as it's the work of Judus Escariot in our book (the 'well fans) isn't it something thats accepted in every other work of life?

OK, theres a lot of youngsters that come on this forum, but from my experience theres also a good few of us guys in the real world. We all know that when it's time to move on you take your contact list, your workplace cv, pretty much everything you have ever worked on for your current employer, and anything else which will help you get on in your new job.

So whilst it is sacrilage to us, what the cabbi was telling me, isn't it something that the rest of us get up to in our careers when we get the chance??

I know what you mean, but is it a business secret really? If McGhee has already moved on?

And the more I think about it, as much as it's the work of Judus Escariot in our book (the 'well fans) isn't it something thats accepted in every other work of life?

OK, theres a lot of youngsters that come on this forum, but from my experience theres also a good few of us guys in the real world. We all know that when it's time to move on you take your contact list, your workplace cv, pretty much everything you have ever worked on for your current employer, and anything else which will help you get on in your new job.

So whilst it is sacrilage to us, what the cabbi was telling me, isn't it something that the rest of us get up to in our careers when we get the chance??

Agree100% mate, those of us who live in the real world realise this stuff happens, and have done it ourselves, but I dont everremember doing it BEFORE I actually got a job!!

I remember Melvin Bragg & Lobey Dosser (i think?) were always slating McGhee, and I could never quite get my head round why. But after he's left, it all really has come to light. He's an absolute wanker of a man, the dodgy deals etc he has (allegedly) done are nothing short of scandalous & it's clear he knew he was off, and didn't really give a fuck about us any more.

And for what it's worth, I know some people don't really rate our chairman, but I think he's been fucking brilliant the last couple of years. Hiring McGhee, funding Hughes & Porter (allegedly), (allegedly) stopping McGhee selling off our youngsters, organising us a shiny new park & then getting then fucking legend that is Jim Gannon in. He's some boy.

I remember Melvin Bragg & Lobey Dosser (i think?) were always slating McGhee, and I could never quite get my head round why. But after he's left, it all really has come to light. He's an absolute wanker of a man, the dodgy deals etc he has (allegedly) done are nothing short of scandalous & it's clear he knew he was off, and didn't really give a fuck about us any more.

And for what it's worth, I know some people don't really rate our chairman, but I think he's been fucking brilliant the last couple of years. Hiring McGhee, funding Hughes & Porter (allegedly), (allegedly) stopping McGhee selling off our youngsters, organising us a shiny new park & then getting then fucking legend that is Jim Gannon in. He's some boy.

Agreed!

He starts telling me that he's driven John Boyle about alot. Boyle tells him that as good as McGhee was, Boyle wasn't happy that McGhee always said something was missing, even though we provided him with everything he asked for.

Then, supposedly near the end Boyle got wind of McGhee doing a 'quiet deal' with celtic for two of our youngsters! Boyle himself slammed the brakes on that one!

Amazing!! How much did we hear that!! And moreover, how MUCH is he saying that already at the sheeps!! Surprised they aren;t bieling. Excuses are out already.

Hope he is an epic fail!!!!!!!!!!

From my previous posts you will know I am friendly with a few players, there's no point coming on pretending I have a source who said.....

I'll not however say what player said so, but as I stated in a previous thread mcghee only had one persons future in mind when he was the well manager and it was his own, Strachan told him he was a shoe in for the Celtic job almost guaranteed, Quinn,slane,hutchison and hughes were sounded out about how they would feel going to Celtic, Clarkson told that if he continued the way he was going he had every chance of a move there, but would have to be hitting the twenty mark this season as well! Point is he was pretty much certain he was going to Celtic and was trying to take what he thought was worth taking

Motherwell was a stepping stone aberdeen will be the undoing of mr mcghee

Thing is I have heard of the same story aswell but not from a taxi driver.

Slane(£40K) and A.N.Other(£20k) player had a gentlemans agreement to go to Celtic... if McGhee went (not Forbes tho). I believe its a player who has yet made it to the 1st team but is very talented..... dont know who tho.

I was only guessing at the names. The taxi driver never mentioned any player by name but said Boyle got wind of two youngsters.

Thing is I have heard of the same story aswell but not from a taxi driver.

Slane(£40K) and A.N.Other(£20k) player had a gentlemans agreement to go to Celtic... if McGhee went (not Forbes tho). I believe its a player who has yet made it to the 1st team but is very talented..... dont know who tho.

That's right. My brother was talking to the Celtic youth coach yesterday at the game (not sure his name but he left Motherwell with McCart) and he told him Celtic had 'poached' one of Motherwell's best young prospects (Celtic are due MFC some form of compensation) and had Slane not been featuring in the first team this year he would've been signed as well.

Thats pish unless its a 14-15 year old we havent heard about, our best prospects for the last 2 years have been Slane,Page,Hutchinson,Forbes,Murphy,Archdeacon,Meechan,Lawless,Pollock,Saunders,

McHugh who are all either in the current 1st team or current u-19 team, the only prospect weve lost in recent years was the goalie Alan Martin to Leeds,