One Step Beyond

Eddiesteelman

Why does no-one on this board (or FPC) ever comment on our two fine fanzines. A power of time and effort is put in by the contributors, especially by the editors, and nobody seems to give any encouragement or feedback. I'm not privvy to the details as to wether the fanzines are self sufficent, but they are produced for you guys, and you've got to support them and tell the contributors if they've got it right or wrong. The latest OSB came out on Saturday, and I thought it was a cracking read, every bit as good as the £2.50 offical programme !!! Long may Matt and Chris keep having the desire !!!!

Folk do comment on OSB there have been a few lengthy debates on passionate subjects raised in the zine ( just not every issue)

I quite like to keep forum and fanzines separate, I only purchase the one fanzine nowadays

and surely it would be best for the fanzines if folk respond direct to them rather than on internet

Oh and Gabby Logan looks well fit sitting next to that mutant Martin Keown

Forgot to buy one on Saturday. Will Satursdays Edition be available for purchase in Daniels, where i think i have seen them before?

Only available from Bandoni's in New Stevenston and North Motherwell Post Office but could contact Colin this week and see if he's up for leaving some there given our problems with sellers.

Self sufficient? Having a laugh, it's a hobby, maybe break even or see the odd profit on a good sales day but makes a loss year on year. People spend money on their hobby though.

No feedback means its a good read, only feedback on here generally is for contentious issues but I do get plenty plaudits on the day from folk buying them so I know the appreciation is there, that's enough for me. Funny thing was yesterday everyone telling me I've kept the price at a quid for too long, guaranteed I'd notice sales slump if I raised it I'm sure :doh:

Dunno about Chris, although I expect it's the same for him and GLF, but it's a labour of love, I get my benefits in other ways and I get to meet hunners of top folks.

Read it cover to cover for the 1st time ever ................ in the bath with a glass of wine.

Great read too :P

How on earth do you relax in the bath ? Curled up in a ball with a glass of wine :D

Cheers for the response, Matt. I was thinking to myself I don't ever remember you mentioning Queens Park before.

Who writes the James Brainer column, Matt ? Always enjoy the rants of Airdrie Jim.

That would be telling now wouldn't it? Safe to say it isnae me bt I think the mystique surrounding the author adds to the allure.

Loadapish it's Geoff Baby as most will know. :blush: