Aberdeen V Motherwell

WellTiliDie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the needle etc which accompanied this game beforehand, it has descended into a bit of a damp squib right enough. Still, 0-0 would pile pressure on McGhee though a late winner would do even more of course!

Nah, I'm not saying its a bad result, just that its a bit of an anticlimax with all the hype going up to it. Delighted with a point at Pittodrie.
Aye, the hype was just that - hype. No idea why some were thinking we'd cruise to a comfortable victory at Pittodrie. I don't care who the boss is, it's never an easy game there,

Given the needle etc which accompanied this game beforehand, it has descended into a bit of a damp squib right enough. Still, 0-0 would pile pressure on McGhee though a late winner would do even more of course!

Even Scott Davie has been less objectionable than usual.

0-0 I expected a win , however I am delighted with a point. If we were offered 5 points from 9 at the start of the season we would have jumped at them especially considering there are some people on here who have predicted we would lose every game.

I don't know what the bigger shock is, us not scoring or us not conceding.

Delighted with the clean sheet, although it sounded a little hairy at times in the second half. I honestly think we'd have been more of a threat with Slane and Humphrey available from the bench, without them we had no real impact players to bring on.

Mind you, it was a good defensive effort and a good point which keeps the run going. We can't expect the young 'uns to sparkle every week so it was encouraging to be able to grind out a point.