Motherwell Vs Hibs Today

Modernist

i was watching training today and most of the first team were there a couple of faces missing though,slane mcgarry humphrey jennings lasley mchugh were all absent. shaun hutchinson was there but not training think he might have picked up a knock.

On the face of it, that would make sense to me.

There's no reserve team this season so I think bounce games such as this will become fairly commonplace over the course of the season.

Using the same general principles that would apply in reserve games in days gone by you would have your substitutes who didn't play the full game involved, the unused subbies, those returning from injury, requiring a top up in match sharpness and those who didn't make the final eighteen from the previous. As if by magic you have Slane, McGarry, Humphrey, Jennings, Lasley and McHugh.

is there a reserve league though? I'm assuming there is, just to lazy to check. Makes sense that we wll be arranging games like this all the time, but will the opposition disappear as injurys mount up as they need to concentrate on other games? What other teams are not competing in the reserve league?

i was watching training today and most of the first team were there a couple of faces missing though,slane mcgarry humphrey jennings lasley mchugh were all absent. shaun hutchinson was there but not training think he might have picked up a knock.

Any new faces?

is there a reserve league though? I'm assuming there is, just to lazy to check. Makes sense that we wll be arranging games like this all the time, but will the opposition disappear as injurys mount up as they need to concentrate on other games? What other teams are not competing in the reserve league?

Good article appeared on the official site with Youngy stating Motherwells' stance for not entering. As the Reserves were constructed mainly from our Under 19s squad, with very little time, their week was spent in preparation of multiple games and not focusing on technical ability. Supportive of that, use of a development squad against stronger teams from around the UK (as we've already had) are likely. I'm sure the Mould Firm fancied playing Premiership reserves week-in weekout too.

Good article appeared on the official site with Youngy stating Motherwells' stance for not entering. As the Reserves were constructed mainly from our Under 19s squad, with very little time, their week was spent in preparation of multiple games and not focusing on technical ability. Supportive of that, use of a development squad against stronger teams from around the UK (as we've already had) are likely. I'm sure the Mould Firm fancied playing Premiership reserves week-in week0out too.

Makes perfect sense. This can only be good for us all round. Do you have a link to the article. Tried to find it there but got lost on the official site and couldn't do a search for it. Cheers