Supporters Trust?

Guest 'Flow

i would help out wherever and whenever i could, dunno how much use I'd be though given the 0 experience.

I imagine that using this forum as one way of keeping communication with the fans would be a major plus for any new trust type idea.

Especially considering the amount of posts there's been regarding the current trusts lack of communications with paying members.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the email dataase would certainly be a help!! :P

I was approached by the trust before taking over the site and they were interested in paying towards the running of the site, but I think they would've asked for too much in return.

I was approached by the trust before taking over the site and they were interested in paying towards the running of the site, but I think they would've asked for too much in return.

Interesting.

They obviously know how useful a forum such as this could be for reaching members/possible members then.

However, with me not being a veteran poster here, or involved with the previous trust in any way, i'd be reluctant to take a major hand in things.

just for clarity, 'here', is nothing to do with the motherwell supporters trust.

and likewise

the motherwell supporters trust is nothing to do with 'here' 'steelmenonline' or 'welltrustfc' the previous forum many of us were participants on

just thought I'd add that as some seem to think there was a link between the two.

without wanting to re-ignite any debate

the Trust died in my eyes when it choose to protect its balance sheet over helping out the club to purchase medical equipment or indeed any club help in the last 24? 30?months.

it was what I believed the trust should have been about, 'helping out MFC and giving the fans a voice', it was formed when the club wee in dire straits and that is why I contributed so much to it.

when those in control of the trust, choose to start looking for returns 'photo opportunities' etc they lost all my support as that was not why I personally supported them.

Funds should have only been for the good of MFC, and those contributions should have been ongoing.

I don't think the Trust will be interested in this forum now. All of the existing board members, with the obvious exception of Andy Ross, claim not to visit this site. It was myself and Speedie who were interested in acquiring this site when it was going through its transitional period. I don't think we'd have wanted too much in return - the database was the most important thing, with a link to the Trust site and a wee bit of propaganda not going a miss, of course.

Anyway, has anyone decided they want to lead this revolution yet?

just for clarity, 'here', is nothing to do with the motherwell supporters trust.

and likewise

the motherwell supporters trust is nothing to do with 'here' 'steelmenonline' or 'welltrustfc' the previous forum many of us were participants on

just thought I'd add that as some seem to think there was a link between the two.

Yeah, I know that, i'm just saying that any kind of new "movement" that was born from discussion here would need the input of veteran posters, and people "in the know", so to speak.

without wanting to re-ignite any debate

the Trust died in my eyes when it choose to protect its balance sheet over helping out the club to purchase medical equipment or indeed any club help in the last 24? 30?months.

it was what I believed the trust should have been about, 'helping out MFC and giving the fans a voice', it was formed when the club wee in dire straits and that is why I contributed so much to it.

when those in control of the trust, choose to start looking for returns 'photo opportunities' etc they lost all my support as that was not why I personally supported them.

Funds should have only been for the good of MFC, and those contributions should have been ongoing.

I brought up this point not to long ago, the trust (MARTIN ROSE) went back on HIS word saying to a certain person that they would pay for a scanner for club, now this was said after Uncle Phil passed away, I was then PM's by a member of the trust board asking who he said this to, I didn't mention the other person's name but I have now been proved correct.

Martin Rose should do the decent thing and stand down from the trust board, then you may see new members and also more help coming on board.

Shug

Fraz,

Let me state that this was nothing to do with Flow, this was MARTIN ROSE saying to someone in the board room that the trust would by the scanner and he would get the money without any problem.

I will state again nothing to do with Flow, again I was pm'd saying that I was talking rubbish and as i've said I have been proved right.

Shug

P.S stop using my sunday name Fraser :huh::notworthy:

I brought up this point not to long ago, the trust (MARTIN ROSE) went back on HIS word saying to a certain person that they would pay for a scanner for club, now this was said after Uncle Phil passed away, I was then PM's by a member of the trust board asking who he said this to, I didn't mention the other person's name but I have now been proved correct.

Martin Rose should do the decent thing and stand down from the trust board, then you may see new members and also more help coming on board.

Shug

Shug

I don't have a problem pointing out that you PM'ed me, and I nearly quit when you did there and then. The only reason I didny is because you won't tell who you apparently heard Martin say this to.

Posting that up here is like acting Billy Big Baws but if he actually did say that, why no tell me who he said it to? I've seen the email trail from Flow's request (via Frazzle) and Martin's response was that the Trust should debate the issue before agreeing to it. So you've no been proved correct.

As for if he should stay on? No chance. The Trust should be wound up or he should stand down and allow different folk to give it a go. I'll no be one of them but.

I dont think it needs to be a revolution, I believe most would agree that the Trust started off with the best of intentions but, in some people's eyes, it lost it's way a wee bit.

In my opinion it needs to get back to the ideals it had in the beginning and start to channel them in the right direction.

Shug

I don't have a problem pointing out that you PM'ed me, and I nearly quit when you did there and then. The only reason I didny is because you won't tell who you apparently heard Martin say this to.

Posting that up here is like acting Billy Big Baws but if he actually did say that, why no tell me who he said it to? I've seen the email trail from Flow's request (via Frazzle) and Martin's response was that the Trust should debate the issue before agreeing to it. So you've no been proved correct.

As for if he should stay on? No chance. The Trust should be wound up or he should stand down and allow different folk to give it a go. I'll no be one of them but.

DosserJoe,

Just to clear a couple of things up

1. You pm'd me asking who the other person was? I replied to you.

2. I have been proved right as in one of your pm's you replied stating "I asked the trust and they knew nothing about it"

3. I'm not acting like any big baws, I'm just stating FACTS, I advised on these boards that the trust "MARTIN ROSE as i'm sure he's the main man and speaks on behalf of the trust" agreed to purchase a scanner/monitor for the club and upto now, the club are still awaiting this.

4. Martin Rose will never step down as he is so far up his own arse and self importance, that he would never listen to anyone else.

5. As I said in my pm to you, I gave someone my word that I would never let his name come into the conversation, hopefully you can understand this mate.

6. Good to see that you agree with mostly all fans who ever got involved with the trust and thats a shame.

Shug

This is not directed at anyone in particular

There is plenty people on here slamming the trust but no-one willing to stand for election tot the board? The trust needs someone with new ideas on how to raise funds and get the trust back on track and focus on it's main intention for what it was setup for, helping Motherwell fc.

Surely there is people on this board who could do something to help the trust?

I would stand for the board but I suppose I would need to join first, the situation ATM hasput me off.

The trust is a great thing and should be wholeheartedly supported but when it's in this current situation then it needs a kick up the arse!

Oh btw we could be doing with a couple of new machines.....:unsure:

just from reading this thread it seems that the trust have 12 grand in the bank but that they haven't spent any money helping the club for a long time.

why would anyone want to join? the aims of a trust should be to raise funds for your club and to try and give fans a say in how the club is run. ours doesn't give the club any money and lets a guy nobody likes have a seat on the board, it's a joke.

Receipt of membership fees :whistling:

I think more emphasis has to be put on making the paying members feel appreciated.

Like some people have mentioned, they haven't recieved as much as a sign of notification that they have joined, never mind something along the lines of a "thanks, we appreciate your support".

I’ve stayed quiet on the Trust front since resigning from the board earlier in the year but seeing as everyone else has fired in with their point of view there’s no point in holding back.

At the start of last season I approached Joe Smith and Andy Ross to get involved with the Trust to try and take the organisation forward. Joe and Andy are two of many Motherwell fans who I thought could make a real difference to the Trust. On reflection it was too far gone by that point. Public apology to you both, specifically Andy who has somehow managed to stick it out – all power to you big chap.

I made the decision to chuck it after the Trust was unable to produce a newsletter to be sent out in the season ticket renewal letters. With only 100 or so members left you would have thought it would have become top priority to drum up some new members. I was also disappointed that the balance of Share Fund, another £7,000 or so, was not put towards the refurbishment of the disabled enclosure.

On the heart monitors issue, I know that the club were not after a scanner but thirty separate pieces of equipment which were about £100 a pop. Whilst there was a lot of support for the board for what I had seen as a worthwhile venture, the wrong decision was ultimately made. A number of folk decided to get stuck right into the Trust at the end of last year. I would suggest that their anger should have been directed at whoever made the decision within the club not to buy the monitors before John Porteous was forced to ask the Trust for help.

On funding this website, it seemed like the right thing to do as this has become a vital link for hundreds of Motherwell fans around the World. I had spoken to Flow about the Trust taking over the running of the old site about three months before it closed and again when he made his final decision to shut it down and there seemed to be no one who would keep the forum going. With Gaag in place, the Trust offered to make a decent contribution to the running costs in exchange for a few bulk e-mails a year, some decent publicity and a few banners. Not a lot to ask I didn’t think but fair play to you Gaag for taking it on yourself.

As for those folk who are looking to start the second coming of the Trust, I think the support in general has made it pretty clear that there's no need for an organisation who wants to be the 2nd largest shareholder. However, there's certainly a place for some sort of fundraising body and we'll all back it, you need look no further than the night at the Civic and the Dolan pool tournament.