Supporters Trust?

Guest 'Flow

As for those folk who are looking to start the second coming of the Trust, I think the support in general has made it pretty clear that there's no need for an organisation who wants to be the 2nd largest shareholder. However, there's certainly a place for some sort of fundraising body and we'll all back it, you need look no further than the night at the Civic and the Dolan pool tournament.

agreed. all the suggestions above would take a lot of effort from whoever is in charge. it's clear that no one's willing to put in the effort running an organisation that would please most people would require and it doesn't seem like it would be worthwhile as the trust doesn't seem to have much influence on the running of the club and right now the club doesn't appear to really need the kind of oversight a trust provides.

if we ever found ourselves up shit creek again like in 2002 then i'm sure people would rally again. right now the club is ticking along nicely and due to the internet fans have the best source of info and means of communicating that we've ever had. i don't think we need a trust.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, with about 10 other people max.

Sad decline in numbers and purpose in the Trust meant I was in two minds if I would bother my arse going up. I thought but, after all the work I had put into the Trust at the start, along with the work of several posters on here, that it would be sad to see it fall by the wayside.

Basically, I offered to bring in 5 new board members if Martin Rose were to step down as Chairman. Martin was not willing to take up this offer and refused to resign. I've offered up for 5 of us to attend the next board meeting and for one of us to stand against him.

For me, the Trust now needs a new leader, a new purpose, new members and even a new name. If none of this happens then the Trust will fade further into obscurity.

Two positives to report but are that the Uncle Phil memorial has been comissioned and the artists have started work. Also, £7k has been transfered to the club for the Disabled Enclosure.

Basically, I offered to bring in 5 new board members if Martin Rose were to step down as Chairman. Martin was not willing to take up this offer and refused to resign. I've offered up for 5 of us to attend the next board meeting and for one of us to stand against him.

How does it all work then? Do you need 5 actual Trust members to go along to the meeting?

DosserJoe I believe is that man, although I think the most important thing is that it's not Martin Rose. I'm sure if you, or anyone else, strongly wanted to stand for the position, Joe would consider pulling out and throw his weight behind another person.

I'm happy for anyone with a passion for the club standing for the position.

Such a move, and some more communication from the Trust would certainly entice me to become a member and more actively involved.

I wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago.

I'm happy for anyone with a passion for the club standing for the position.

Such a move, and some more communication from the Trust would certainly entice me to become a member and more actively involved.

I wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago.

Sounds like it might be worth renewing. Good luck to anyone who wants to take this forward in the right way.

Like many, I don't have any experience in such matters, but if the changes take place in personnel that are being discussed here, i'd certainly be willing to help out in any way I can.

I think you're underestimating the worth of this forum Gaag. It's a place thats easily accessible, and gives us all a forum in which to pose our questions & ideas.

Until I started posting here, I really had no idea what the Trust did or what it was all about.

I've had questions answered, and read information on here that would prove invaluable to any prospective members.

Until I started posting here, I really had no idea what the Trust did or what it was all about.

I've had questions answered, and read information on here that would prove invaluable to any prospective members.

Which is why they should have a matchday presence from trust board members, a lot of people are wary or unable to access the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the next board meeting is scheduled to take place?

A New Era

Major Changes at Supporters Trust

The Motherwell Supporters Trust is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Chairman, Joe Smith.

Joe replaces Martin Rose who has held the position since the Trust's inception in 2003. Joining the new Chairman on the board will be David Fraser, Philip Speedie, David Tonner and Alan Burrows, who returns as club representative.

At a board meeting on Monday 2nd November, the five new arrivals were co-opted onto the Trust board, heralding a new era for the organisation. Secretary Sandra Aird stepped down after six years service.

Speaking after his appointment, Smith said, "I'm delighted return to the Trust board, and honoured to serve as Chairman.

"We've got so much work to do now, and from our preliminary discussions I'm confident that the organisation will change dramatically. I've already received positive feedback from the club, which has been very encouraging, and with my fellow board members I hope to kick-off a new period of co-operation that will benefit everyone connected with Motherwell Football Club.

"We will now sit down and think about what positive short term changes we can make and plan some more long-term strategies. It goes without saying that the needs of the Trust, and the club, are very different from when it was established six years ago.

"To that end, we'll be considering a range of changes, whilst sending a call to all Motherwell fans to play a part in shaping what we aim to be an open, transparent and positive fans organisation.

"We remain very keen for both new members and particularly for anyone interested in joining the board and offering a modest time and expertise commitment. There are a number of vacant positions remaining on the board that we would like to fill in the next twelve months, and suitable volunteers would be most welcome."”

www.mstonline.net

No Shug,

Martin's seat is and always has been a personal one.

I would never accept a seat on the club board unless I won the EuroMillons and bought the club or was elected as a supporters rep by a wide group of fans. I have done neither so on a matchday it's pie and bovril for me, nane of yer prawn sandwich pish.