Chris Humphrey

Rickoza

I dunno about deserves to start. Did ok on the few occasions we got the ball to him but if we start him it either means dropping O'Brien or changing the system quite a bit to accomodate two wingers.

Not so much changing the system, it means reverting to the system we were using until Slane and Humphrey became unavailable. For me the ideal line up would be

GK

RB CB CB LB

DM DM

RW CM LW

ST

It's the system we were using pretty effectively at the start of the season and only stopped doing so when Jutkiewicz arrived. Even against Kilmarnock, we played a similar system with Jamie Murphy playing as a right winger. Sadly it seems that that doesn't really suit Murphy. With Humphrey and Slane unavailable we've been playing more of a

GK

RB CB CB LB

DM

CM CM LW

ST ST

No real balance to the side in my opinion. And maybe part of the reason that Moutaouakil is bombing up the field quite as much is simply to offer width on the right side. I know that one up front with three playing off him will not work against every opponent, but I reckon we'll create more goalscoring opportunities playing this way. And while not being a fan of one up front, at the moment I can't really see an obvious partnership from any two of the four strikers.

For me, as soon as Slane or Humphrey look anything like match fitness, one of them should be in the team...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

came on against St Johnstone and looked great, against killie just didn't perform, then on saturday he looked good going forward.

I think him and the big french guy could do a fair bit of damage down the right, if only Forbes and Coke send the ball out that way. time and time again against rangers and hibs yass was all on his own only for the ball to come too late.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great interview with Chris Humphrey, it's sad to hear what happened but also good to see that he is now doing well and coping well. I think Chris could be a big player for us this year and he certainly showed signs of what is to come in the game against Falkirk. Hopefully he'll rip the tims apart tomorrow.

Heard a snipped on the radio today from him, talking about how he is using his football to power through his pain etc.

Sounds really tough on him, hopefully he can continue to perform like he did in his early appearences and especially in the last game.

All the best to the lad and his wife.

A non footballer mate of mine's wife had a miscarriage a couple of years ago. He didn't get a month off work! UNfortunately these things happen regularly, and I think this thread is a bit OTT. All for supporting Hump through this, but jeezo, for a lad to get over a month off work seems more than your average punter!

A non footballer mate of mine's wife had a miscarriage a couple of years ago. He didn't get a month off work! UNfortunately these things happen regularly, and I think this thread is a bit OTT. All for supporting Hump through this, but jeezo, for a lad to get over a month off work seems more than your average punter!

Think that may be a bit harsh on the guy. Not knowing the details of what happened, I would think it was a bit more than an early miscarriage. I would've imagined that his wife was fairly close to having the baby when things have gone wrong. I'm in no way belittling miscarriages here, just pointing out that things were probably more advanced in the pregnancy hence the extra time off work.

The good lady and I have got personal experience of the circumstances Chris and his wife have gone through and I think its one of those scenarios that its very much each to their own in how you deal with it, and how long it takes to work through the grieving process.

I can relate to his point about seeing that his wife was all right before getting back into work mode which has perhaps added to the time involved. I think its much harder for the woman having carried the child and although I felt ready to get back to work, if ready is the right word, a bit earlier than my good lady it was a number of days before I felt I could leave her on her own, and even then it was with a some guilt and angst I did so.

I'm pleased to read he's had good support from all at the club and has been able to focus on his football to help him get through it.

All the best to the lad and his wife.

A non footballer mate of mine's wife had a miscarriage a couple of years ago. He didn't get a month off work!

Im sure that guy had the benefit of being able to go home to his wife after work each day, and his wife had the benefit of the same thing!

• 11 months later...
Bumped this up, just heard wee Craigy mention that Humphrey missed training this Friday owing to his partner giving birth. Congrats, as someone who's been though the same, all the best to the Hump, his partner and the new arrival :cheers:

That's brilliant news and i can only echo what you have said. Congrats to the Humphrey family.