Man Utd

Claret&Amber

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions League? Yer having a laugh!!! :nod:

Left the match feeling entertained, a thorough workout played at a decent tempo against very worthwhile opposition which I'm sure both sides will benefit from.

Not the finished article by any means, but, Gannon has exerted some influence thus far. If truth be told, 4 changes in the second half filled me with dread. Admirable performances by those fringe players who held the shape and work ethos. Bodes well for the future, dare I say (I know there is another thread) the squad is stronger than in previous campaigns?

First silverware in what could have been a five haul this year... onwards and upwards.

Could they not have at least held it straight :nod:

But aye, good game and fairly enjoyed it :D

anybody know if theres any programmes left? didnt manage to get one before the game, bit gutted as it gives me something to do at half time :lol:

Ye didn't miss out on much reading mate the programme was only something like 3 pages long. :D

A disgrace and an insult to the memory of Sir Matt Busby. That is my opinion of the team Man U team fielded today. OK no-one expected the full Champions League mob but I would have expected 5 or 6 guys whose names we knew. This was not just a trip into the sticks to play some hick outfit. At least Darren Ferguson, who is in Glasgow anyway, could have come along (with Faddy) and signed a few autographs to give the kids something to get excited about.

A bloody poor show, Ferguson. I'm glad that, when in Manchester, I support City!

W.o.T. :nod:

I would never say a Motherwell game's a waste of time. Clearly there are varying degrees of importance of games and this would be some way down the scale but I'd disagree that its a waste of time.

The game allowed Gannon a further opportunity to allow his new team to gel - remember its still in a relative infancy, it gave the guys on the fringe of the team a run out, it give Moutaouakil a chance to bed in before his competitive debut, it allowed Jutkiewicz another opportunity to build up an understanding with his new team-mates and the opportunity to showcase another promising youngster in Jamie Pollok.

Your allegiance to another English side influencing your opinion perhaps Special?

He is? Maybe he could have came along with Darren Fletcher.

On your point anyway, isn't the Scotland team based in Loch Lomond?

Might explain a lot if we spend our time in the water!

I thought Man Utd might have given some first teamers who were not on international duty a wee run, however having not gone it would be churlish of me to complain - would the promise of Giggs, Scholes, Neville have encouraged me to go along? probably not - it would still have been pissing with rain and I would still have been hungover. However to say its a disgrace to the memory of Sir Matt I think is unfair. They sent a team of kids - what did Busby develop? Would be interesting for those who were there today to track how many make their first team.

We also had our 5 so-called best 19`s missing today, mchugh, slane, saunders, meechan & lawless. It would have been really interesting to have played our 19`s against them today, but as stated previously, at least we have 1 of the best youth systems and it is beginning to show. great showing from all the boys today.

We also had our 5 so-called best 19`s missing today, mchugh, slane, saunders, meechan & lawless. It would have been really interesting to have played our 19`s against them today, but as stated previously, at least we have 1 of the best youth systems and it is beginning to show. great showing from all the boys today.

That's got me wondering how many off our young guns have came through the youth development teams such as U17's U15's U14's etc, anyone know? Away to try and find out just now with the interweb.

I thought that this was a useful exercise for both teams and as a self confessed United fan of many, many years it was a delight to witness that red shirt at Fir Parkand the man who gave me a wonderful hangover in 1999. :D:lol: At times I thought the game was a bit of a bore but at times some of the football we played was wonderful and nice to see some of the fringe players come out and look the part. United were poor up top but their main man was away in Italy but I thought they had a couple of good prospects for the future. The goalkeeper, Amos is a good shot stopper and the midfield pair of Eikrem (10) and Norwood (4) and I would expect to see them in the first team in the near future in a league cup tie. Our guys played well with the frenchman looking good although I hope intense crossing drills are part of his future :nod: not sure about the pole although he did get himself involved in the game. Only gripe I have is that I wish Jim O'Brien would stop critising other players for not making the correct pass or taking the option that suits him. It seems to me and this is only my opinion that he never makes a mistake but everybody else does.

Stands back and awaits abuse because he criticised hero JOB :)

Only gripe I have is that I wish Jim O'Brien would stop critising other players for not making the correct pass or taking the option that suits him. It seems to me and this is only my opinion that he never makes a mistake but everybody else does.

Stands back and awaits abuse because he criticised hero JOB :)

I remember him screaming at Saunders against Llanelli in Airdrie in the second half after a similar example to the above. I think he got hooked about 2 minutes later and remember thinking that he might not be Gannon's cup of tea.

But while he's clearly not without his faults, he's made a fair bit of progression under Gannon.