Yesterdays Chants

CoF

264 members have voted

1. 1. General feeling...

• It's fitba, anything goes. Git it up him etc.
    • Unecessary, bad taste, over the top etc.

the level of mock outrage is more embarrassing than the chants themselves.

Frazzle your whole post is pish - but this is the pishiest bit. :D

Mock outrage? like the mock outrage you're showing to anyone who has the audacity to exhibit mock outrage at the paedo chants? :D

When will it sink in that it's not mock outrage, pontification, hyper sensitivity yada yada yada - it's just decent well fans pulling up donkeys for dragging 'our' name through the mud due to some really slack patter.

The club belongs to us all - not just the shock rock baby bawbag brigade ;)

I wasny there on sat as I was gigging but really wanted to go - however if I'd have made the journey I'd have been gutted at this.

As bad as than the old firm and the tabloids rolled together I'm afraid.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For two key reasons I would say - Jason Scotland is black. Mark McGhee is not a paedo. Racist/sectarian chanting is sung with venom. The paedo stuff is sung in jest.

Simples!

Frazzle - I'm totally bemused mate.

However - It's an end to it from me.

if you as an ex office bearer of the supporters trust etc thinks that this is an acceptable way to support the team then batter in.

Not many people are gonna pull a whole group of chanting supporters up - but as a few on here will testify, like Melv, I'm not averse to throwing in a "shut the fuck up" myself.

I think anyone chanting paedo at mcGhee deserve to have their baws booted tho :D

Step forward another little prick - Yours Sincerely Faint Hearted Over Sensitive Easily Offended SteveDiggle

Edit: What I think is hilarious about this is - that in defending the little pricks that call someone a paedophile - someone pulls me up for calling the perps little pricks.

This proves that the ability to understand the things that people like myself, fatcalf, melvin etc are saying just isn't there. We're all tarred with the same brush based on the way either extreme of the support behaves - most of us are pissed off that in going so far you've tarred us all with your infantile humourless brush.

Great retort... Great. Just part of the Anti-Shit Banter brigade? Another unfounded allegation made by one of the finest components of shit banter that our saddy moderators will fail to pick up on.

Who was defending? Disect my post however it suits your over sensitivity and agenda. Take it in the context it was meant.

Regarding proving an ability to understand just not being there. So by having a differing opinion to your point of view, the ability to understand isn't there? :D

Tarred with the same brush? No denial there, but, the mock outrage club (of which I suspect you're a fully paid up member) on this board knows no bounds... We don't see the youngsters from the far end of the East Stand having a seven pager of claim and counter claim when the media again tar us with this same brush when it comes to barracking of the playing staff, do we?

Great retort... Great. Just part of the Anti-Shit Banter brigade? Another unfounded allegation made by one of the finest components of shit banter that our saddy moderators will fail to pick up on.

Who was defending? Disect my post however it suits your over sensitivity and agenda. Take it in the context it was meant.

Regarding proving an ability to understand just not being there. So by having a differing opinion to your point of view, the ability to understand isn't there? :D

Tarred with the same brush? No denial there, but, the mock outrage club (of which I suspect you're a fully paid up member) on this board knows no bounds... We don't see the youngsters from the far end of the East Stand having a seven pager of claim and counter claim when the media again tar us with this same brush when it comes to barracking of the playing staff, do we?

Seriously - what the fuck are you actually talking about? :D

It wasnt aimed at you in particular but are you saying you've never done worse than shouted abuse at the game ? And that the youth of today could learn from the eighties where those smartly dressed youths stopped and had a ponder when the older fans said '"c'mon chaps , have a think"

Cant believe ive added another post to this shite and helped it towards a 7th page

But generalisation included me cos I reckon it was OTT.

As I said in my original offering

Some might think that's a bit rich coming from me cos pretty much anything goes in my book normally but it all comes round to your own standards,

Everyone knows what I used to get up to and therefore what kind of standards I set are definitely up for scrutiny but I'd think more of someone who jumped on the track and chapped Magoo on the brew to be honest.

All boils down to shite banter in the end this is the lowest form and I include the similar chants at Shellic games. Remember glass houses and throwing stones and all that.

Why do the media get away with constant daily allegations about people....but a group of our fans do something in jest(because obviously there's no truth in the lyrics and no-one believes that he's a Paedophile), we get hung out to dry by them??

Take the media & MJ(not Fatcalf, the deid wan)....am pretty sure that over the years, The Sun, Record, NOTW, The Sunday Mail etc etc will have published hundreds if not thousands of alleged headlines about his alleged sexual activities(for which he's never been found guilty of in court).

Those headlines/stories are far more outrageous than the song sung on Saturday.

It seems ok for them to do whatever they like yet suddenly take the moral high ground with us!!!

The Media = BAWBAGS!!!

Saturday's Song = Take It With A Pinch Of Salt

PS I dont remember this out-cry with the Richard Gough song, does that mean it's true??? :D

Mock outrage? like the mock outrage you're showing to anyone who has the audacity to exhibit mock outrage at the paedo chants? :D

Touche! :D

I think what it really boils down to is what people view as acceptable football behaviour. Football used to be an atmosphere for working class men to let out the stress of their working week, dishing out vile abuse (including racist, bigotted, etc) to anyone on the pitch, in the dugouts or on the terracing. Nowadays, football 'the brand' has moved away from that, £20+ tickets and tightening laws are pushing it towards being a middle-class, family friendly, soulless product where nobody can say boo to a goose and we must all be happy clappy at all times.

Some people hold the ideal that the former is where we should remain, and look back on that era with misty eyes and rose-tinted specs. Other people are equally delighted with the corporate product and diluted passion we see before us today. Myself, I'd like football to be somewhere in the middle and I think that's what it comes down to, ultimately.

I hope the media or some people on here don't watch a replay of the Dortmund game at Fir Park - am sure you can hear the majority humming songs related to about blowing up dams and killing thousands of German people.

:D

Aye, I really hope nobody mentions that on a public website that loads of journos have access to.... :D

I hope the media or some people on here don't watch a replay of the Dortmund game at Fir Park - am sure you can hear the majority humming songs related to about blowing up dams and killing thousands of German people.

:D

The Dambusters theme tune has been sung at FP for years generally with words describing our dislike for some team from Edinburgh. As a decendant of a German immigrant I saw nothing wrong with that ;) however............................................ :D

Aye, I really hope nobody mentions that on a public website that loads of journos have access to.... :D

Yeah maybe the Sun can write more articles about us - whilst at the same time forgetting all the England V Germany match-up front pages they've ran with war-time themes over the years!!!

Frazza is quite correct when he refers to what would have been unacceptable years ago, and is now commonplace. We don't challenge anymore because there is no point. Quite rightly, the insult of having no parents, or being born out of wedlock has been rendered useless. However, the paedophile insult won't ever in my opinion blend into anodyne, because the act is so terrible, the perpetrators are total scum, and to trivialise the situation by transferring it to football terraces is ill judged. The reaction is all important. The vehicle for producing the reaction is unacceptable. All this nonsense about mock outrage is fudging the argument. And who in their right mind would wade in amongst an adrenalin/alcohol/chemical infused crowd of testosterone fuelled males and ask them to stop singing???Gies a break!!!

It seems ok for them to do whatever they like yet suddenly take the moral high ground with us!!!

The Media = BAWBAGS!!!

True statement but don't compare our moral standards with tabloid journalists, like to think as a support we're way above that comparison.

You singing about Hitler now???? Sorry, couldn't resist. Not that I tried that hard...

Ach scheisse typo grammar fascists :P

Frazza Frazzle is quite correct when he refers to what would have been unacceptable years ago, and is now commonplace. We don't challenge anymore because there is no point. Quite rightly, the insult of having no parents, or being born out of wedlock has been rendered useless. However, the paedophile insult won't ever in my opinion blend into anodyne, because the act is so terrible, the perpetrators are total scum, and to trivialise the situation by transferring it to football terraces is ill judged. The reaction is all important. The vehicle for producing the reaction is unacceptable. All this nonsense about mock outrage is fudging the argument. And who in their right mind would wade in amongst an adrenalin/alcohol/chemical infused crowd of testosterone fuelled males and ask them to stop singing???Gies a break!!!

Ooops....outrage made me post twice

You may be right, but remember there was a time when young, single women were getting sent away from their families in disgrace for falling pregnant. I don't think society will ever accept paedophiles, far from it, but I think that the stories in the papers will gradually become so commonplace that the column inches get smaller and smaller until it is viewed as just another bad crime. Anyway, that's a total tangent as far as this debate goes.

I wouldn't expect anyone to jump into a rowdy crowd of football fans to try to shut them up, but I was enraged at a post (which I think has been since editted) which strongly implied the identities of some of the individuals involved. For me, this is out of order, as the poster obviously knows these people which suggests that the people also know him. That being the case, I doubt a rammy would have sparked up if two guys who know each other have a difference of opinion. I was also strongly unhappy that the person who decided to expose people for their chanting was hiding behind an anonymous username himself.

Anyway, I do think this debate is starting to go around in circles so we'll just need to agree to disagree, but a quick overview of the support at Pittodrie, coupled with the figures provided in the poll on here, strongly suggest that it is no small minority of 'Well fans who deem it to be acceptable to use 'paedo' as a stick to beat someone with. I would also add that, if the same poll is conducted in a year or two, it will be an even closer count.

Hmmm, 83 to 161, seems a minority to me but remember this board is hardly representative of our fan base as a whole. All that does is say that 2/3 of the membership of this board who can be arsed to vote think it was OTT. Transfer that to the overall fan base and I think you'd find an overwhelming OTT vote considering many of those involved in the chanting probably voted here.

Don't kid ourselves it's a very small minority who deem this acceptable.

i thought the chants were out of order. not because i care about mcghee's reputation or his feelings but because any argument we may have had with mcghee about his actions in his final months with the club has been lost. after this weekend no one is ever going to look at it any other way than seeing mark mcghee as the injured party and motherwell fans as being scumbags (as far as this situation goes). if anything we've actually enhanced his reputation among the people whose opinions he cares about - fellow managers, journalists, directors and the type of people he is likely to bump into directors lounges. mcghee was motherwell manager long enough to know what section of our support was doing the chanting and there's no way a man as arrogant as he is would give a flying fuck what they think about him.

the opportunity was there on saturday to go up and give him a pasting but in the end it was a total failure. the shite tony mowbray chant was funny and more like that would have been ideal. the main chant we got was unfunny, untrue and left us completely open to attack. now we have a situation where when they come down to fir park there will loads of media attention on us and the well boys/baby crew/whatever will swell in number and likely drop in IQ.

the same as everyone else i didn't hear any f****n chants but for a group of people who spent 90 minutes making false claims about an individual to complain about someone making false claims about them is a strange mixture of funny, sad and pathetic.

There is a difference between songs which are blatantly un true and never meant to be taken seriously and songs which could be used as a stick to beat us with by the beaks and the press.

The majority of the media aren't concerned about the Peado chants, its the non existant f****n one which is pissing them off, which shows you where the priorities of the Scottish public lie.

There is a difference between songs which are blatantly un true and never meant to be taken seriously and songs which could be used as a stick to beat us with by the beaks and the press.

if someone was to call someone a long haired ginger c**t and they have long ginger hair and have proven themselves over a long period of time to be capable of some shocking behaviour then that's fair enough :P

how do you identify a paedophile? you can identify someone who has been convicted of it but not all paedos have been convicted or even accused. there were surely far better ways of getting at mcghee but clearly no one had the wit or desire to think of them.