Yesterdays Chants

CoF

264 members have voted

1. 1. General feeling...

• It's fitba, anything goes. Git it up him etc.
    • Unecessary, bad taste, over the top etc.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Paul Hughes at the Sun re this and to his credit he has replied

Alisdair,

Let me assure you a section of the motherwell fans did call mark mcghee a f****n bastard.

In the first half in particular they continually chanted 'cheer up mark mcghee, oh what can it mean, to a sad f****n bastard and a shite football team'.

This, by the way, on top of calling him a paedophile.

These are not inflammatory accusations, it's a fact. Ask mcghee himself.

Regards,

Paul Hughes

I have responded to him ,

Paul

Thank you for your reply, let me assure you , the chants were not "f****n Bastard " but "Sheep Shagging" bastard which taken in the context of football banter is a remark frequently directed to those who support or are involved with Aberdeen FC , not clear where in the ground you were or if that indeed is a factor in what you did or did not hear , however it cannot have been any closer to the persons chanting this than I was, whilst I appreciate that's not such a good story it is in fact the truth.

I have spoken with many fans of both Clubs who all agree this to be the case, as for the paedophile chant the vast majority of motherwell fans find that to be abhorrent and indefensible.

Watch ths space for updates.

I don't doubt that this is what the journalist heard and what probably Mark McGhee heard as well but it does not mean that was what was sung.

Says more about the sub conscious of the listener than it does about the beliefs of the Well support. The chanting that did take place was out of order but I think this shows how deep into some peoples psyche the sectarian issue is. Glasgow journalism. Canny beat it for paranoia and narrow mindedness.

I don't see what the problem is calling him 'a wanker', 'a sheep shagging b*stard' or other versions of the same, but 'a fienian' anything is unacceptable (although not particularly horrific), but 'a paedo' bears no relation to acceptability. If it is true, it is despicable making any reference to it. If it is untrue (which I would imagine is the case) then why the fuck make the chant?

We have a lot of undesirables in our support, as do most clubs, so why the fuck do we allow them to sully the good name of MFC? Can we not identify them? Surely we must know who the fuck they are, and tell them to get to fuck? They must not be allowed to darken our doors again.

I can never understand the mentaily of the sectarian arseholes who use vitriolic language against the opposition whilst singing the praises of those in our team who are of the same religious belief. We have had many Catholics through the years, supported by the whole Well support, so why the fuck should they attack those in another team?

Think about Uncle Phil. A good Catholic man and a Well Legend. If you sing about criticising Catholics you are having a go at Uncle Phil. Think about that, you Arseholes.

I'm sorry if my comments get moderated, but I am pissed off by our numpties.

(I cannae get used to which frigging buttons to press).

I emailed Paul Hughes at the Sun re this and to his credit he has replied

Alisdair,

Let me assure you a section of the motherwell fans did call mark mcghee a f****n bastard.

In the first half in particular they continually chanted 'cheer up mark mcghee, oh what can it mean, to a sad f****n bastard and a shite football team'.

This, by the way, on top of calling him a paedophile.

These are not inflammatory accusations, it's a fact. Ask mcghee himself.

Regards,

Paul Hughes

I have responded to him ,

Paul

Thank you for your reply, let me assure you , the chants were not "f****n Bastard " but "Sheep Shagging" bastard which taken in the context of football banter is a remark frequently directed to those who support or are involved with Aberdeen FC , not clear where in the ground you were or if that indeed is a factor in what you did or did not hear , however it cannot have been any closer to the persons chanting this than I was, whilst I appreciate that's not such a good story it is in fact the truth.

I have spoken with many fans of both Clubs who all agree this to be the case, as for the paedophile chant the vast majority of motherwell fans find that to be abhorrent and indefensible.

Watch ths space for updates.

Alisdair, tell me something. How is it possible that f_______ b______ as heard by Paul can be described by you as actually being s________ s_________ b_____________. The consonants are totally different. Either you can't hear or you are just trying to protect those responsible. Your argument is childish and totally incomprehensible. This just angers me.

I am trying to reconcile our fans who still don't get this. OK, how would you feel if after Phil's tragic death that fans of any club sang that he was what the neds were singing? Would that be OK? Get it now or not still?

Alisdair, tell me something. How is it possible that f_______ b______ as heard by Paul can be described by you as actually being s________ s_________ b_____________. The consonants are totally different. Either you can't hear or you are just trying to protect those responsible. Your argument is childish and totally incomprehensible. This just angers me.

I wasn't there and hold no real opinion on this either way, but if someone is expecting to hear f*n**a* bastard at that part in that song, it will go along way to making that what they hear, if you see what I mean. The Tommy Burns version is I would say the most famous version of that "party song", so that'll be what people are expecting to hear at that point.

Anyway, it was sad *e*i**n bastard that was alleged, which has the same amount of consonants as *hee* *haggin* bastar*

When sung by a crowd one can easily be mistaken for the other.

And it obviously has as Aberdeen fans sitting in the next stand have confirmed our fans did not use the sectarian version. This hack and McGhee are over in the Main Stand, how can they say with more certainty what was sung when they are so far away? Basically they hear what they want to hear to suit their purpose and fuel the fires. If anyone really did sing the f****n version it would be clearly stated on here, guaranteed. we're not like OF fans who try to cover things up, might try to justify some questionable actions but many of our own fans are quicker to stick the boot in than our enemies.

Paedos still OTT though :thumbup:

And it obviously has as Aberdeen fans sitting in the next stand have confirmed our fans did not use the sectarian version. This hack and McGhee are over in the Main Stand, how can they say with more certainty what was sung when they are so far away? Basically they hear what they want to hear to suit their purpose and fuel the fires. If anyone really did sing the f****n version it would be clearly stated on here, guaranteed. we're not like OF fans who try to cover things up, might try to justify some questionable actions but many of our own fans are quicker to stick the boot in than our enemies.

Paedos still OTT though :thumbup:

Indeed, whatever you think of the paedo chants no one is trying to pretend they didn't happen.

Personally I think it about time this thread was closed as some of the later posts seem to be just trolling in an effort to kick it all off again.

I don't see what the problem is calling him 'a wanker', 'a sheep shagging b*stard' or other versions of the same, but 'a fienian' anything is unacceptable (although not particularly horrific), but 'a paedo' bears no relation to acceptability. If it is true, it is despicable making any reference to it. If it is untrue (which I would imagine is the case) then why the fuck make the chant?

We have a lot of undesirables in our support, as do most clubs, so why the fuck do we allow them to sully the good name of MFC? Can we not identify them? Surely we must know who the fuck they are, and tell them to get to fuck? They must not be allowed to darken our doors again.

I can never understand the mentaily of the sectarian arseholes who use vitriolic language against the opposition whilst singing the praises of those in our team who are of the same religious belief. We have had many Catholics through the years, supported by the whole Well support, so why the fuck should they attack those in another team?

Think about Uncle Phil. A good Catholic man and a Well Legend. If you sing about criticising Catholics you are having a go at Uncle Phil. Think about that, you Arseholes.

I'm sorry if my comments get moderated, but I am pissed off by our numpties.

(I cannae get used to which frigging buttons to press).

So where does calling McGhee a peado say anything about Uncle Phil?

If you havent already read through the pages you will find that nobody called McGhee a fen*an.

Your comments are utterly ridiculous and unnecessary, this has nothing to do with Uncle Phil so you certainly did not have to bring that up!

Away ye go!

So where does calling McGhee a peado say anything about Uncle Phil?

If you havent already read through the pages you will find that nobody called McGhee a fen*an.

Your comments are utterly ridiculous and unnecessary, this has nothing to do with Uncle Phil so you certainly did not have to bring that up!

Away ye go!

see to be fair I know folk who were at the game who heard a very small minority using the fat f****n version - only heard because they were that close.

For any of us to think that it didn't happen at all (albeit on a minute scale) we're deluding ourselves.

I agree that we're going round and circles and that the thread should be closed.

perhaps the guys responsible for the paedo chants will take on board that a majority feel there OTT. perhaps they'll be defiant who knows. I really don't give a shit.

let's just hope the prees reports after the Dons game at Fir Park are about how we despatched them up the road after a footballing lesson.

Gannon and the players are the stars not any of us individuals or groups on this sad fucking forum.

Yeah it's time for closure, lets move on. Good discussion was had with hardly any childish remarks which usually come along from a heated debate. Meanwhile - until the next time - I'm closing this thread as it has run it's course. It will remain in the main board though.