Motherwell Girls Thread

Angie 1991

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U17s players Heather Richards and Lucy Clark have been selected for the National Squad who are playing double header challenge matches v Denmark on Sept 12th and 14th.Former Motherwell player Emily Thomson(now with Arsenal) has also been selected.Well done girls. :P Welltastic, link has been asked for many times no joy so far.

Forgot to ask you about this comment at the time , Angie. I'm the wrong side of thirty now and the old memory isn't what it once was :lol: . Is young Emily professional then, moving down to Arsenal ? Is there a pro game in ladies football ?

Trafficlight,Emily is on a scholarship type deal,no professional league in the uk at the moment.She made her debut for Arsenal Ladies reserves on Sunday and by all accounts did herself proud.On another note the girls youth leagues in Scotland are in the latter stages as they play a "Summer" league from March till 1st Nov.The u13s girls recorded a win on Wednesday night and they are now uncatchable in the league and are League Winners for the 2nd year in a row. :P .Well done girls.

Indeedy,very well done to the U13's. Great effort and well done to yourself, Angie, and the other coaches who give their time to help them. I'm sure they appreciate it.

How does the scholarship work ? Has Emily moved down to London ? Good to know ladies football is moving on quickly. I caught a bit of the European Championships final - the Germans hammered the English ladies 6-2 and the standard was very high.

Emily has moved down to London,youngest player Arsenal Ladies have signed.Shes back up the road just now as she will be playing for Scotland tomorrow v Denmark at Broadwood,alongside our u17 Captain Lucy Clark and Motherwell striker Heather Richards.

Good on her, that's a big step for one so young. I wouldn't have had the confidence to move to London at such a young age. Some top players you have there. :P

Well done to all the girls they are doing the club proud and take a big pat on the back yourself Angie for all your hard work. It's always great to hear of any of MFC's representatives doing themselves proud, and I've been particularly impressed with the lassies over the last year or so.

Best of luck to those representing Scotland and also good luck to Robyn for Tuesday night.

Well done to all the girls they are doing the club proud and take a big pat on the back yourself Angie for all your hard work. It's always great to hear of any of MFC's representatives doing themselves proud, and I've been particularly impressed with the lassies over the last year or so.

Best of luck to those representing Scotland and also good luck to Robyn for Tuesday night.

:P

The young lady will knock them dead.

Thanks for the good wishes.We have 5 girls teams up and running now,all run by volunteers,we also have very good parents helping at every opportunity.The league Cup starts for the girls teams tomorrow and the final will be played in Nov.We are hopefull of adding a trophy or 2 to the tally of Trophys won over the last few years. :P

I contacted Caylea to pass on I couldn't make it (never knew how to contact anyone else, bar you through this).

Sent an email to the Mark guy (Caylea gave me details) and rambled on about my situation and how unfit I am. :P Hope to be there on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Girls u15s secured a 2 nil victory over 2nd placed Falkirk at King George V Wishaw on Saturday morning,this result means that Motherwell need 1 point from their last 2 games to join the u13s as League winners 2009.(Summer season being played from March to Nov).The league Cup competition will start soon with the Final being played on Nov 15th)

Girls u15s secured a 2 nil victory over 2nd placed Falkirk at King George V Wishaw on Saturday morning,this result means that Motherwell need 1 point from their last 2 games to join the u13s as League winners 2009.(Summer season being played from March to Nov).The league Cup competition will start soon with the Final being played on Nov 15th)

Saw a bit of Saturday's game on my tea break. Not a fan of girls' football (sorry!) but the Motherwell team definitely looked a class apart from the Falkirk one...

• 2 weeks later...

Motherwell Capt Lucy Clark,Heather Richards and former player Emily Thomson have all been selected for Scotlands u17s Squad who play in the European championships in Lithuania in October.The girls leave on Sunday and will play games v Lithuania on Wed 7th Oct,Austria on Fri 9th and Czech Republic on Monday the 12th,all games ko 2pm.Congratulations girls and good luck from all at Motherwell Girls :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done the MFC girls. I wish I was 16 again. When I was a teenager, girls were just not allowed to play football and at primary school I was as good as the boys but it was unheard of. How I would dearly have loved to have played in the colours.

• 3 weeks later...