Motherwell Girls Thread

Angie 1991

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Young Grasshopper you found the 'add reply' button I see, welcome aboard.

Beginning to think that they just don't like football - full stop. Great opportunity to promote the club in the wider community - what do we do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a move on and get something sorted and good luck to the 'Steelburds' - copyright Trafficlight tomorrow in their respective finals - the Under 13's can't lose, the two teams contesting the final are the MFC Girls and the MFC Academy teams. :D

Just following in my masters footsteps!! :O

Don't know what the problem is with the club. The girls get pretty good coverage with the local papers, but not within fir park. I THINK SOMEONE IN FP DOESN'T LIKE GIRLS FOOTBALL. shame :)

To be fair it probably doesn't seem the hassle for the 5 people who would actually read about it and care. Good luck to them and that though, are they actually ran by the club in any sort of way?

To be fair it probably doesn't seem the hassle for the 5 people who would actually read about it and care. Good luck to them and that though, are they actually ran by the club in any sort of way?
That comment say's it all, about peoples attitude to girl's football!! :) Give them a chance.

By all means giver them a chance, but the truth is that outwith parents/relatives of the people playing there is very little interest in womens football. Especially at that level.

The interest in men's football in Scotland seems to be rapidly aligning itself with women's football. Get used to it.

:ph34r: That is absolutely hilarious that hat. I don't see what the point is really, it just seems like a waste of space putting it in any MFC publications. I'd say the same about a young boys team as well although argueably there is some difference in that a young boy could maybe have the chance to actually play for Motherwell one day. It would still be pretty pointless though and hardly anyone would read it.

So basically they pay the club for the use of the name aye?

• 4 months later...

Just heard tonight that the Well's Bells (Motherwell Ladies) won their cup tie this morning and are through to the quarter finals of the Scottish cup (no mention on the official site I notice)

Next up is Hibs on Sunday

Good luck ladies and well done on showing the men how to do well in the Scottish cup!