Ict

East_Stand_Al

Great result today and we definately played a lot better than recent times creating a lot more chances. Couldn't believe the abuse Jim O'Brien was getting again from a section in the East Stand, even when he wasn't touching the ball there were idiots shouting at him. I thought he had a good game. Big Porter was outstanding today and he will be a huge loss if he leaves in January.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical! Was called away at the last minute and didn't get to the match, first missed home game of the season.

Obviously I wasn't at the match but looks like it was no coincidence that Clarkson and Craigan were back today.

Hopefully our confidence will have taken a boost from this because as I've said before the biggest difference between 8 or 9 of the teams in this league is squad morale rather than tactics, formations, line ups etc. It really is that tight between being in the Top 6 and struggling at the bottom.

Excellent display today, the penalty was soft to say the least, but Buzz did really well to save it, pity no1 was fast enuff to clear it, Porter took his goals ver well, we had a lot of fantastic play, keep it up,

p.s. did anybody else see clarky lookin up at the stand when we had the banner out and were chanting his Uncles name? My bro pointed it out to me, brought a real lump to the throat, McGhee mentioned it in the interview on Clyde 1,

Aye, good stuff today. The team really worked hard and the scoreline isny a reflection on play at all. Could have been 4 or 5 - 0 to us. Clarkson was magnificant today and looked desperate to get on the ball and have go, exactly what we have been lacking the last wee while. Craigan seemed to have the defence much more organised today despite the dodgy first goal and soft penalty.

One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was O'Briens contribution. He really ran his arse into the ground today, chased every ball and skint their right back dunno how many times. Even right before he was subbed he was still running half the length of the pitch to stick a toe in. Put a few decent crosses into the box and hopefully began to answer any critics who wonder why he was ever signed. Here's hoping he can keep it up. Good to see the crowd showed their appreciation with the standing ovation when he was subbed. That should do him a lot of confidence which is exactly what individuals in the team need.

Back to the passing football, great to see. Thought we played very well but made it harder for ourselves than we perhaps needed to. Great tribute to phil on 78 minutes and there was one solitary star in the sky over fir park just above the south stand, maybe Phil looking down on us, i think he would have liked what he saw.

Result flattered Invershneckie today, like to think they'd be good enough to admit it. Brilliant at 78 minutes, though with Inverness attacking and forcing two corners I thought for a moment they were really going to spoil it, and that would have been bizarre they scoring and us applauding had it happend. Thankfully they didn't. Brilliant effort today, everyone got tore in and some of the football was superb. Three well-taken goals, could have been more.

One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was O'Briens contribution. He really ran his arse into the ground today, chased every ball and skint their right back dunno how many times. Even right before he was subbed he was still running half the length of the pitch to stick a toe in. Put a few decent crosses into the box and hopefully began to answer any critics who wonder why he was ever signed. Here's hoping he can keep it up. Good to see the crowd showed their appreciation with the standing ovation when he was subbed. That should do him a lot of confidence which is exactly what individuals in the team need.

Spot on, absolutely spot on. O'Brien was a class above at time today.

Other good points.

Klimpl - An absolute monster in the middle! Never shirked from a tackle all game. You found your position if you stay on until the summer

Hammell - Good performance and an absolute supreme cross for the first goal

Quinn - See above, and remove first and replace it with second

And did anyone else see the range of passing from Craigan! Hammell was right to congratulate Craigan for his contribution to the second goal. Must have had a pass completion of above 85% aswell :wallbash:

Spot on, absolutely spot on. O'Brien was a class above at time today.

Other good points.

Klimpl - An absolute monster in the middle! Never shirked from a tackle all game. You found your position if you stay on until the summer

Hammell - Good performance and an absolute supreme cross for the first goal

Quinn - See above, and remove first and replace it with second

And did anyone else see the range of passing from Craigan! Hammell was right to congratulate Craigan for his contribution to the second goal. Must have had a pass completion of above 85% aswell :wallbash:

Was it not the other way around, was it not Quinn that put the ball in for the 1st? O'Brien having 3 or 4 attempts, then layed it for Quinn first time, on the head - 1-0!?

Thought Clarky was magnificent today and Craigan was solid also. I don't believe McGhees argument of our bad form being down to them being missing 100% though. Yes they made a big difference, but both have played in many of the games we have been keech in aswell. Well done to Porter for a first Motherwell hat-trick since Clarkys v Utd in 2004. I also thought Klimpl looked really good in midfield and special mention to Jim O'Brien whom I thought showed falshes of why he may have been signed. (remember you can't judge guy based on him coming on with 5/10 minutes left at the end of a game we're losing!)

Another special mention to an absolute cock of a referee. He really was actrocious. It takes a really special type of incompetent arsehole to get booed by fans of a team that has just won!

On the whole, a decent performance and a scoreline that flattered ICT. If we could just cut out the silly mistakes when defending corners that we're making. That's 2 goals lost from near post headers in the last 2 home games. Did Smith shout for that ball today as it looked his all the way.

A great 3 points, but the hard work has just begun. To be honest I'll take a point at the Love Street swansong and a point of the Jambos. Still think we'll be doing well to get that.

A terrific performance and one befitting of a more handsome scoreline than 3-2. The fitba was superb at times and Caley were hardly in the match.

Many of our players gave their best performances of the season in my view, with Ports obviously taking centre stage. However, guys like Clarky, Shug, Maros and O'Brien were excellent too.

The Uncle Phil tribute on 78 mins was awesome, very emotional and indeed fitting. Glad I suggested it!

A great 3 points, now on to Love Street for the final time for another 3!

Nice to have something positive to talk about for a change. Some of the football today was top drawer, reminiscent of last season, personnel highlights today were Porter obviously, Hughes who looked in the mood (I'm hoping the form of these two isny just down to the approaching transfer window) and O'Brien who was up for it the whole game, nice to see someone out wide with pace who wants to go at people and who has the skill to pull it off the majority of the time. Klimpl was decent also, lots of pace, dig and tidy on the ball. Wee Stevie was decent as well, and was unlucky not to score late on when he did a man, cut inside but hit the side netting. Also set uo two today - first and third. Uncle Phil tribute was brilliant also.

A terrific performance and one befitting of a more handsome scoreline than 3-2. The fitba was superb at times and Caley were hardly in the match.

Many of our players gave their best performances of the season in my view, with Ports obviously taking centre stage. However, guys like Clarky, Shug, Maros and O'Brien were excellent too.

The Uncle Phil tribute on 78 mins was awesome, very emotional and indeed fitting. Glad I suggested it!

A great 3 points, now on to Love Street for the final time for another 3!

If you think we have problems, you should read what the Invershneck fans have to say about their situation and management.....(you'll need to register first)

Shneckie FC

One quote....

Absolutely awful. There needs to be something done soon or this clubs going down. I know our long term future is safe, but I'd prefer our short term future was in the SPL rather than div 1.

Brewster right now is lost, and he has thrown away all respect i had for him. Takes no blame, and yet puts out a team I would rank as an average first division side to get humped every weekend. The fans have lost the players they could associate with and as a direct result the club has no leaders, no one who is willing to take the baton and work harder to get the club back on its feet.

Right now, i'd say get rid of brewster in time for the january transfer window, and bring in Chisolm from QoS, or even someone along the lines of Neale Cooper (although hopefully not him); a manger with experience, and a manager who knows how to grind out a result, and could make us hard to beat again.

Good to get a win today especially over a close rival. We played some decent football too, especially in the first half. That said its the first time in months we've been able to (Craigan back, Clarkson up front, O'Brien playing wider tight, more pace in midfield). The big difference today was a pacier, more mobile and wider engine room.

We were never going to hold Inverness to a solitary goal and so it turned out. I felt desperately sorry for the lads at the penalty. There were 4 fouls on the trot in the lead up to the penalty and Charlie Richmond, in his infinite wisdom, chose only to give the last one. He saw fit to ignore the first three by Adam Rooney.

ICT proved once again proved that we need to add much more physical presence to our squad as they bullied and knoocked us about for 90 minutes.

Only annoying thing of the day was reading on this forum Yir Elders post - why did you feel the need to post the quote below? you may, or may not, have mentioned this as a possible idea as a tribute to Phil, but it sounds pretty pathetic and sad for you to feel the need to remind people and claim some sort of pat on the back for it. Nice suggestion, if it was you, but just leave it at that please.

But of the game Well done today to all the players and coaching staff, I give them stick when they play badly so a big pat on the back to them. Early days I know but a few more displays like that and we will win more than we lose.

A lot more like it today, the return of lots of movement and passing, there seemed to be a lot more balance about the team today due in no small part to the return of Clarkson and Craigen. Just goes to show that you just don't appreciate what some guys bring to the team untill they don't play for a few games. Looked better without Sutton (sorry John) but we just seem to go to the hump the ball up the park tactics when him and Porter play together.

We gave away a couple of poor goals especially the first one, would like to see the penalty again it looked a very poor decision from Richmond. I cringe when I hear that he is refereeing one of our games absolutely awful referee.

Thought that we had no failures today and the guys all put a right good shift in, special mention to Jim O'Brien, at last he gets a proper opportunity to show what he can do, not there yet but showed enough to deserve more starts. Klimpl gave us the pace and dig in midfield that we have been crying out for (hopefully we extend his contract). But overall back to front I thought the guys were excellent and gave Phil an excellent tribute of there own with that performance.

First off, a vital three points and very welcome they are too. What a difference it makes when we play the ball on the deck.

I was pleased when I heard Craigan and Clarkson's names as the team was read out, I felt heartened by that and IMO both players went on to make a big difference today. Though they're not the only ones who put in a good shift today, pretty much the full team did and it showed, it really should have been a more comfortable win than the score-line reflects.

Disappointed to concede two goals to that lot though, there was never two goals in that ICT side, admittedly they were gifted the second by an out-and-out fuckwit of a ref.

Don't think the guy was looking for a pat on the back or anything, think quite a lot of us, after getting something right like a scoreline or whatever, do the same. Nothing more than that.