That Condor Moment Phil O Donnell

the fox

At this time with the anniversary approaching i thought it would be a good time to share memories of the great man and while no one who was there will forget the bravery of his header in the Cup Final the one which sticks in my memeory now is the strike he scored against Hearts.I knew it was hitting the net as soon as it left his foot .He will live FOREVER in our memories.

That overhead kick/falling backwards and fluking a shot in against Rangers will stick with me for forever. What a goal.

It was actually more of a flick or something. Dunoo how do describe it really!

Also, the volley against Hearts was a peach and his last goal away to Killie too, even though that should have went down as an og but ye claim them all!

Other than the cup final goal my memory of Phil is his boundless energy and the surging runs up the park. Unfortunately I will not be there on Saturday in the flash but I will be there in spirit cheering my heart out. Hard to believe that it is 1 year already. God bless Uncle Phil

Not long after he had made his debut we were at Parkhead for a midweek game. We were standing in roughly the same place we now sit. I just remember him surging from our box in front of us to the edge of theirs leaving Paul McStay struggling. Thought to myself then that he looked a player.

The goal he scored against FHW was probably the best he did in a 'Well jersey. Met it full on the drop and no keeper was ever going to save it, fantastic goal. That, and the run and goal up at Dens one cold, December day, will always be etched in the mind.

Not a goal or anything like that, just seeing him again in a Motherwell strip and the reception he received when he came on as a sub in his second stint with us when Terry Butcher had signed him. Had tears in my eyes then just like I have just now typing this.

Phil O'Donnell - Our Captain.. Never Forgotten, we all miss you.

Along the same lines as doesser1886. I always remember the level of excitement around the place when word started spreading that he was back training with the team. And the longer it dragged on the more people thought that he would end up heading somewhere else.

The club was on its arse at that point and when he signed up again the whole mood seemed to change in that instant and the feeling that this was the start of something new for the club with Phil back leading the way.

Apart from his Hearts goal, his very last game for us was probably his best game of that season. One thing in that game that sticks out from his performance was the tackle he put in on a United player, took the ball clean as a whistle and basically summed up himself as a professional!

God bless Uncle Phil, gone but never forgotten

Think his last goal for us against Killie at Rugby Park the November before he died I think it was. I had only arrived back from the States that morning and me and the old man went down for the game. The goal was nothing special, a deflected effort from outside the box that won us the game, but his fist pumping celebration will always remain in my heart!

Was always willing to get a photo taken with my lads (same as anyone elses I suppose) and always got others in.

His smile in the centre circle at Fir Park on that fateful day will stay with me forever.

All the best to his family over this time.

Phil will NEVER be forgotten.

R.I.P

Again, in times when the word 'legend' is used with too much ease, it doesn't do our Phil justice. He was a lot more than that, sadly, sadly missed.

Plenty of memories, his performance for me on that fateful day epitomised everything we knew and loved about Phil O'Donnell.

Gone but not forgotten, thoughts are with his family.