Jim O Brien

Neil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you're lumping it in with Bebo, Facebook and the whole "social networking" scene. MySpace is a cornerstone of the music community...one of the most important tools we have.

Only because all the 14 year old lassies eventually left for Bebo, leaving behind all the creepy old blokes who were trying to be friends with them :thumbup:

Only because all the 14 year old lassies eventually left for Bebo, leaving behind all the creepy old blokes who were trying to be friends with them :thumbup:

Aye well there’s a funny(ish) story there. A couple of years ago a friend of mine – let’s call him largesparklynapper – was asked by his 14 year old son to do his Bebo quiz.

“Ach ah canny really be arsed wi aw that son” he says.

“Naw da, it’ll just take 5 minutes and you can see how much you know about me.”

“Awright then, if it’s quick”

“Right da, I’ll just set you up an account ‘cos you need to be logged in to do the quiz.”

“Ach look son, don’t bother wi aw that pish.”

“5 Minutes da. Do you want me to add you to all my friends?”

“Erm, ah’m no sae sure that’s such a good idea…”

“Too late da, ah’ve clicked it noo.”

So added to the wee man’s friends he was and over the next week got email after email from 14 year old girls demanding to know who he was and how he had their email address and they were gaunny tell their da they were getting groomed off a paedo.

Feart tae leave the fucking hoose for a month.

Ye can shove yer social networking right up yer erse.

Nay ifs or buts, I fuckin love jim o'brien. Wears his heart on his sleeve when he's playing and is turning (or has turned) into an absolutely magic player. Good shit!

What he said :D

Jim O'Brien B-)

EDIT: mibbe I'm a a bit slow, but I cant get it to download off that page :wallbash: all I can get is it playing on the site. Any hints chaps? :wallbash:

Cancel that, Firefox issue :lol: and aye, cheers for the link :P