Neil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kinda thought this was simply not on before January..............

McGhee list for Dons window shopping

aberdeen manager has options for january sales

By Michael Gannon

Published: 05/12/2009

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee is weighing up several signing options ahead of the opening of the transfer window in just over three weeks’ time.

The Dons manager has made a formal approach to Motherwell to speak to winger Jim O’Brien, who is out of contract in the summer.

McGhee has also invited Derry City midfielder Ruairdhi Higgins back for further trials and he is also considering the next move regarding Nigerian international Paul Obiefule following two days of talks at Pittodrie.

Former Rangers midfielder Charlie Miller, whom McGhee was keen to sign for Motherwell two seasons ago, has also come into consideration following the 33-year-old’s release from Australian side Brisbane Roar.

McGhee said: “We have approached Motherwell to speak to Jim O’Brien but we haven’t heard back from them. I haven’t made a decision on Higgins yet.

“He is a good footballer in the purist sense but we have not seen him in a game.

“If he’s prepared, we’ll ask him to come back.

“We’ve seen enough to know that we should have a closer look at him.

“Obiefule is a player we’ve been aware of since the summer.

“We have more work to do before we do anything more about him but he’s away recuperating from his injury. “There’s time.

“We are considering lots of options.

“But it depends on if they are better than the players we have got or the ones we are looking at.”

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...=#ixzz0YoTQWIPg

It's another example of how mutley manipulates the press, I'm just surprised at his timing after all we're not playing aberdeen this weekend .

It is only the P&J though, I think the Aberdeen manager is contractually obliged to feed them nuggets of shite on a weekly basis.

I don't do this sort of thing, because if it never happened, i wouldn't want to be there standing like a knob. But i know someone really close to Jim and he told me Jim just laughing at the Aberdeen thing and he's going down south in the summer if he gets the chance of a good move. I don't really know whats been happening with JG and the press about this with aberdeen but from what i've heard JG doesn't seem to bothered about the Mark McGit talking to Jim, it's just the way he's going about it so maybe JG already knows what Jim wants?

Does anyone know anything the same?

Remember Jim will be in the Davie Cooper Suite on Saturday NIGHT for our fans' Christmas Party! Tickets are a tenner each and are available from the ticket office. As Well as Jim, we'll have music from wee Dee's band - The Banter Theifs and Carluke's finest, Miscued Vine. Also in attendance will be Melting Pot DJs including our own Matt J who incidentally, has his book on sale in the Club shop!

Look forward to seeing you all there!

:)

I don't do this sort of thing, because if it never happened, i wouldn't want to be there standing like a knob. But i know someone really close to Jim and he told me Jim just laughing at the Aberdeen thing and he's going down south in the summer if he gets the chance of a good move. I don't really know whats been happening with JG and the press about this with aberdeen but from what i've heard JG doesn't seem to bothered about the Mark McGit talking to Jim, it's just the way he's going about it so maybe JG already knows what Jim wants?

Does anyone know anything the same?

Well, flat hunting in Aberdeen without female as she refuses to move there would suggest otherwise. Zander Diamond, a relation, was telling all and sundry out Dumbarton way not so long ago...

Not as big a loss as some would have you believe.

Just listen tae us Dj's then? Sorted ;)

I'd have you up front before O'brien

Jphnstone , his runs into the box winning us a good few points ? Do you believe that the moon is made of cheese as well ?

Onthefringes , i'll warn you now dont offer me tickets tomorrow morning ! :lol: