Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would've taken a point before the game but having just watched it I thought we totally outpassed Rangers all game and really should've won with the penalty at the end. Good save from MacGregor but JOB gave him a chance by hitting it at a good height for him. Feels like a defeat though but thought we played some great, assured stuff at times. Ruddy and Coke played well but I thought Reynolds was outstanding today.

Gutted we don't have the three points. :P

Stockport fan here, just watched the game, very entertaining. 'Well played really well and created some great chances.

Last game I saw was the away leg against Llaneli and I could see a great improvement since then. You attack on the break like a Jimbo team and had plenty of occasions when your attackers outnumbered their defence. With a bit of clinical finishing you could have won that.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Jimbo to end the Old Firm dominance :P

If only, if only.......good save from the pen, but should have been the three points. Rangers were only the better side between 75 and 85 mins, the rest of the match Motherwell were more creative. The ole cheers in the second half were great; Rangers couldn't get the ball at one point. For such a new team the Motherwell youngsters look very comfortable together, and though missing a late penalty always takes the gloss off a result, it was a very good performance. Not only did I underestimate how far Motherwell have come so soon, I also overestimated Rangers who look a poor side. I was a bit surprised the pen was given, usually only the Old Firm get those so late on, but overall a good game to watch and amazing it finished 0-0. Many reasons for optimism. :P

That was some last ten minutes ;)

The penalty was maybe soft but its refreshing to see referees not afraid to make decisions like that in the closing stages.....put it this way if it was Novo or Boyd that had went down do you think he would have gave a penalty?

Impressive stuff today I thought Ruddy was sharp as fuck & very commanding. Besides a wee 10 minute spell when we looked a bit shaky, the defence done really well...even at corners :P

Coke n Hateley were quality & Jennings put in some shift when he came on!

I think Motherwell were very unlucky not to win it at the end there.

I think a draw was a fair result over the piece but i was particularly impressed with some parts of the game.

I think Rangers,probably inevitably had 70minutes where they had more of the ball in the motherwell half than motherwell did in the rangers half but what i see was a bunch of young guys out there who were playing vastly experienced players in a team thats been together for a couple of years now in rangers and defended with great maturity.

Any time rangers had the ball - and dont get me wrong here as much as motherwell deserve full credit for the way they played Rangers were absolutely awful today and had no flow in their play at all - Motherwell boys stood their ground and broke down the play without any stupid lunging tackles that a lot of young players might have done under the excitment of playing rangers for their first time.

I thought the last ten minutes however rangers lost it completely and were defending amateurly so motherwell were very unlucky not to score - just the story of the game however that neither team had any conviction in from of goal today just one of they days and one of they games.

I was dissapointed to see so many empty seats at the game today but then im not surprised either. Money is tight for a lot of people just now and suerly filling every seat for half the price would be better than leaving them empty, no? Mayby i'm wrong,i don't know how to run a football club and i'm not going to pretend otherwise, however in simple business terms it would seem that way to me. The games live on sky sports that just about every pub/household up and down the country has these days yet we want 20quid a skull to sit in the stand? Mayby i'm wrong,i don't know.

The penalty today - i think it probably was a penalty,i thought it was but again it was quite soft i don't think bougerra really fouled the man i think he tripped over his own feet but mayby a slight bit of contact around that time gave it away - i seen it about ten times and im still unsure the ref only gets one glimpse.

Im not sure what Bougerra got sent off for to be honest - if it was backchat to the ref then he can feel hard done by because it was clearly seen on sky that earlier in the game he didn't book one of the motherwell players for the same backchat,he gave him a warning instead.

The penalty itself i don't think was badly hit at all i think he done well o'brian however i would have to give full credit to mcgregor because for my money that was one of the best penalty saves i've seen in my lifetime really. Shame for o'brian though would have been a nice wee confidence booster for him.

Over the piece im sure Gannon,like anyone would be very pleased by the performance. When you look at the fixture list at the start of the season yuo probably dont budjet for many points against the old firm. But Motherwell have a good record at home against rangers and i think they did remarkably well today,full credit to a young team and were very unlucky not to win it at the end.

Disappointed with a point today, but disgusted with the way that the Rangers fans reacted to the penalty - particularly those in the Main Stand behind our disabled section - spitting, coin tossing and all sorts of threats being hurled down on them. To make matters worse, a fan of ours complained about it to the police and was promptly told to either leave with this son (wheel-chair bound) or be arrested.

Disgraceful.

Disappointed with a point today, but disgusted with the way that the Rangers fans reacted to the penalty - particularly those in the Main Stand behind our disabled section - spitting, coin tossing and all sorts of threats being hurled down on them. To make matters worse, a fan of ours complained about it to the police and was promptly told to either leave with this son (wheel-chair bound) or be arrested.

Disgraceful.

That's shocking, mate. The Rangers' fans behaviour is hardly a surprise, but the police ! Good to know they're doing their job so thoroughly. :P