Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a tight match and you can't complain about a point too much but I felt we just shaded it in terms of real chances.

Really good overall team performance although it has to be said we did sit deep at times but again, if you come away with a clean sheet against one of the old firm you should be fairly happy.

Ruddy :7: Was doing really well but then took a bit of a mad turn but generally did very well.

Yassin (as I'm calling him) :7: Good debut, fast, good defensively, looks a player.

Saunders :8: I slated this guy in the first game of the season but he's found his position. Excellent performance.

Reynolds :7: Keep Boyd out of the match.

Hammell :7: Must have done a few kilometres today!

O'Brien :8: Unlucky with the penalty, looked a great save rather than a miss to me, otherwise he was our most dangerous player, the transformation in O'Brien from this time last season has been amazing.

Hateley :7: Really commanding in the first half, not so noticeable in the 2nd but another good display.

Forbes :6: Seemed a little over awed today but still played the best pass of the match.

Coke :7:

Murphy :5: Didn't give enough today and it was no surprise when he was hooked at half time.

Sutton :6: Worked really hard up front on his own but didn't have enough support.

Jennings :7: Finally coming on to a game as his fitness improves. Looked good today.

Lasley :6: Good to see Las back out on the field.

Jutkiewicz :6: Won the penalty (looked soft to me!) but not on for long.

Strange situation. I probably would have been happy with a point before the game, but think Rangers couldnt have com plained about getting beat.

Why did O'Brien take the pen anyway. There were more players to take it... wonder if he thought how good it would be, since its welll known who his "real" is...

Im not sure what Bougerra got sent off for to be honest - if it was backchat to the ref then he can feel hard done by because it was clearly seen on sky that earlier in the game he didn't book one of the motherwell players for the same backchat,he gave him a warning instead.

I think it was maybe the agression he was showing while saying it - there was one point in his tirade where it actuall looked like her spat - not saying AT anyone or anything, just saying it looked like he spat - so I imagine the red was for his aggressiveness. The moron has no-one to blame but himslef, to be honest - an experienced player should know better than that. It's the behaviour you expect from youngsters, to be honest.

As for the penalty, he caught the boy (who was already losing balance). A stupid, stupid challenge in the box on a player heading away from goal and looking unlikely to retain posession. Rangers/Bougherra can have no complaints about the whole situation.

What can I say.....absolutely outstanding!!

Ruddy, Saunders, the french boy, Coke , Hately (3 year deal please) , Jennings, Hammell, the singing sensation Jimbo, Lasley when he came on (feel free to add to ones I have missed) but they were all outstanding. Against the OF you need every player on top of their game and the manager to get his tactics right as well as a bit of luck along the way. I think we got all 3 today and I can't wait to next Saturday now. Maybe postiejim will predict a win for the well..............wait a minute please don't :P .

Hopefully we will get the credit we deserve and the focus will not all be on how poor Rangers were. Quite frankly I knew they were poor. Some people were getting carried away because rangers beat Hamilton, Falkirk and a poor Hearts team.

Mon the Well - Hately and Coke extended deals please.

Outstanding performance today from everyone except from the police and the stewards.Brilliant result and the best thing was that we outsang evry h*n in the stadium.Maybe thats because they only sang one song right enough. :P

And I also love our new name for Kenny Miller.Or should I call him Kenny Misser ;)

I'm actually delighted with that, though it could of course have been that wee bit better. We looked composed, skilfull, talented, and well up for it from start to finish. Must admit I didn't think it was a pen though you take them, but usual disgraceful tactics from them to delay the pen as much as possible. Only one team deserved to win and it wsa clearly us. Very impressed with Moutaouakil, and Jim O'Brien is playing superbly at the moment. Well done to everyone indeed.

i dont think it was THAT bad a pen - credit the twat of a keeper with a good save to be honest more than slag o'brien off.

Without slagging O'brien off, I thought he had a terrific game, it was still a shit penalty. It was the perfect height for a diving keeper and wasn't near enough the post.

I thought we were brilliant today, Coke, Moutakil, O'Brien and Hammell all excelled themselves.

I think this is going to be a very exciting season.

Were do I start.

The bottom line we should have won that game.

Offer me a point at the start of the game and 0-0 I would have taken it, having been there and watched how well we played I'm slightly disappointed not to be coming home with a cheeser the size of the Clyde after beating them 1-0.

For a period in the 2nd half we dominated the football and made them look very very ordinary indeed. Champions league, your having a laugh.

6 pts out of 12 and undefeated after 4 games... I'll take it, but so could very easily be more.

m'on the Well.

Maybe once I've had time to think it through and see the bigger picture I'll feel better and realise that we actually did play very well against a stronger side and worked tremendously hard to shut them out at the back while we looked good on the break toward the end of the game, but I'm sorry I can't help feeling absolutely gutted just now. Are we EVER going to beat Rangers again? We get a penalty(soft as it was, IMO) three minutes from time, they get a player sent off and we miss it. And as if that wasn't bad enough we miss two clear chances after that.

It honestly feels like a defeat just now and I really cannot celebrate that result at this moment in time. :ph34r:

Quality performance, disappointed in the end not to take all three points, but remaining unbeaten this season is a great achievement.

Top class performances all round, although a poor turnout from the home support IMO. That said, the Scum were easily outsung all game.

Never thought I'd see the day when Fir Park would be giving it the "ole" chants, with 35 minutes to go in a 0-0 with Rangers! :ph34r:

Brilliant.

Feel slightly deflated in the end, however I would have settled for a 0-0 before the game so I have to content myself.

Was very impressed with the lads today. Craigan wasn't missed, sorry Crags, and the 1st touch of the new lads was excellent. Coke looks class, as does Mooooaawooooaakali. Hately put in a power of work and Jennings slotted in very nicely 2nd half. Ruddy also had a steady game. Pass marks to everyone IMHO, although Murphy looked a bit of a lightweight too often.

Compare JG's signings to Malpas's panic buys from Tattieland :ph34r:

I thought Forbes was very quiet today - and can't remember what this great pass was that he made.

Hateley made a screamer of a diagonal cross field pass to Murphy though near the end of the first half. Hit it with venom from the half way line at the East stand down to the corner of the South. Screamer of a pass!

The team performance was great!

Outstanding performance today, a bit gutted that we missed the penalty but there were a lot of positives from todays game. I thought Hately had a brilliant game today and his long range passing was a joy to watch. We look as if we will be a very hard team to beat this season totally different from last year.

ps..where the fuck were our fans today, great day for football and i'd have like to have seen a lot more 'well fans.

Cant believe how gutted i am to actually take a point off the old firm. But three points were there for the taking and we blew it.

Outstanding team performance, controlled the vast majority of the game. Saunders and Reynolds looks like a solid partnership. Tom Hateley was outstanding and continues to impress me. I think we need to sign this boy up on a long term deal. He does the dirty work and can play competently in a few positions. Jennings was outstanding in my view second half.

Very disappointed and looking at the table we could easily be sitting with 8 points..at least!!

ps..where the fuck were our fans today, great day for football and i'd have like to have seen a lot more 'well fans.

Ticket match, Old Firm, even more expensive than usual. There's three reasons.

I think there might be a case for treating OF matches as normal games, if there was 3,000 - 4,000 empty seats there today - why not?

Can't believe those stats, 0 v 10 shots on target?!?! I know we didn't get much on target (the pen clearly was a shot on target) but they had ten?!?! Counting throw-ins are we now........