Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

Thought it was typical of the visiting "fans" who only made any noise, after their initial bile pre-match, when the penalty was missed. Sounded to me like the South Stand was even emptier than the Cooper!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game today. Good performances all round. Good save from McGregor to deny O'Brien.

Felt we dominated long periods of play with some great passing football however there were a few times the defence looked a bit exposed and it was up to Ruddy to save the day.

Thought Jennings had his best performance so far for us. Hopefully he's coming on to his game now.

Delighted with the performance today, the defence and midfield were immense! Was pretty worried when I heard Craigan was dropped but Saunders was immense, although that fat turncoat h*n didn't pose him too many problems. How can he be a professional footballer and in that shape?

The midfield were superb, Coke and Hateley really stood out for me but JO'B was top drawer aswell, ripped the pish out their defence, so gutted he missed the penalty though.

However I knew he was missing it, there should never be a clamour for the ball at penalty someone should know they are hitting it and that should be that. The last time that happened we saw Jim Hamiltons horrid effort against Hearts. Gannon should have a word and have Forbes no 1 penalty taker and x no 2 etc so we don't see that again.

Thought the keeper was quality aswell apart from one moment of madness. At half time noticed Gannon sprint from the dugout to stop Ruddy arguing with the linesman and ref, well done JG, all that would have led to would be a booking.

Overall delighted with a point and the potential of the squad but gutted about not getting all 3 points

Disappointed to have only 6 points on the board after our opening four games especially after missing the late penalty. I thought we passed the ball about really well today apart from when we got into the final third when it seemed that Coke would stop going any further forward. I thought Hateley, Saunders and Ruddy in goals were our three best players on the park today. I can't wait till we get Slane back as he could of really torn there back four to shreds today.

Unlike the rest of you lucky well fans i have came back from the game on an absolute downer.

Ten minitues into the second half the stewards start there usual shite, so we put up with it. Then out of absolutley nothing the stewards decided that it would be a sensible decision to randomly select 4 boys to be sent out for next to no reason, but the worst part is they could not throw out any of the men/bigger lads, they had to pick on four 14 year old boys.

Absolutley raging, £83 is a fucking lot of money for a 14 year old to save up, then finaly purchase it on wedensday night then miss the second half of probably the most exciting home game of the season for next to no reason, motherwell really have to do something about these wankers that call thereselfs football stewards.

Dont even know if ill be back at FP for the way me and my pals were treated today.

Callum

Unlike the rest of you lucky well fans i have came back from the game on an absolute downer.

Ten minitues into the second half the stewards start there usual shite, so we put up with it. Then out of absolutley nothing the stewards decided that it would be a sensible decision to randomly select 4 boys to be sent out for next to no reason, but the worst part is they could not throw out any of the men/bigger lads, they had to pick on four 14 year old boys.

Absolutley raging, £83 is a fucking lot of money for a 14 year old to save up, then finaly purchase it on wedensday night then miss the second half of probably the most exciting home game of the season for next to no reason, motherwell really have to do something about these wankers that call thereselfs football stewards.

Dont even know if ill be back at FP for the way me and my pals were treated today.

Callum

Callum,

I'm going to PM you. The jist is that the club are good regarding these situations. I've had them waive ticket allocations when I lived abroad and now they know of me as one of the Albo 10, my father gets a great reception when he picks up tickets on my behalf.

If 'Flow is around, he may also wish to comment?

SD

Why did O'Brien take the pen anyway. There were more players to take it... wonder if he thought how good it would be, since its welll known who his "real" is...

Oh I wonder. Or mibbe it's because he's came so close the last few games, hitting the bar and post and giving away the penalty to Steua Bucharest. All this despite frequently being one of the best players on the pitch. He wears his heart on this sleeve and you can see from his reactions on the pitch how desperate he is to make a real impact for the team and he obviously saw this as his big chance. Gutted that he missed and gutted for him.

Callum,

I'm going to PM you. The jist is that the club are good regarding these situations. I've had them waive ticket allocations when I lived abroad and now they know of me as one of the Albo 10, my father gets a great reception when he picks up tickets on my behalf.

SD

Cheers mate,appreciate it, just find it incredibly irritating how these numpties are getting away with it week in week out and think its all good because they have a flourecent jacket and a walkie talkie.

As I said earlier, I thought we passed Rangers off the park today but we seem to be lacking a bit in the striking position. Understandable due to the goals that have now left us but it's a position that we hopefully will address in the next window (not seen enough of Jutkiewitz to form an opinion yet).

Anyway, a great all round team performance today. The lads did us proud.

delighted with the performance today. not actually that bothered that we didn't win because i think the benefits we'll get from that display over the course of the season will be far greater than 2 points.

ruddy was excellent, the save from bougherra just before half time was superb. yassin was great he looks a total athlete and it'll be fun watching him galloping up to outside right over the next few months. saunders was my motm, he was totally assured and dominant in the air just as he was up at aberdeen. i thought hammell was good today as well, final ball could have been better but he got forward a lot and him and o'brien look like they could be a potent combo. also good to see reynolds back at centrehalf, great showing and definitely his best position.

in midfield big giles and hateley were superb. how could hateley not have a club? he's a good athlete and a good passer of the ball and has a very smart head on him, what a signing. big giles is total class and it's actually sad watching him because you know if he keeps it up he'll be heading elsewhere at the end of the season. jennings looked like a different player when he came on and i think he'll contribute. good to see wee keith as well, totally commited as always and he'll be there when we need him this season. forbes had probably his most testing game and i thought he did well, he didn't get the chance to impose himself but he competed well.

o'brien was electric and it might not be long until we see trapatoni at fir park. he was probably the only person in fir park who wanted him to take the pen but that's only small a blemish on an amazing start to the season. jamie murphy struggled against the big rangers defenders and the wing isn't his best position but he still did ok. sutton did the best he could but he clearly isn't cut out to play up front on his own, top marks for tracking back though. lukas showed more in ten minutes than he did in an hour at pittodrie last week.

i was a bit critical of gannon's choices in the last few matches during the week but he got it spot on today. good to see hammell and lasley featuring, i think lasley getting on might have had something to do with gannon watching dvds of our last couple of home games versus the h**s during the week. gannon's next job is to figure out how to give us a bit more goal scoring threat, that looks like it could be our achilles heel this season and we could end up regretting not investing in a striker during the summer.

the crowd was poor in general and in the cooper especially, if there are more well fans in the main then they should maybe consider putting OF fans back in the cooper for segergation.

rangers were dire, stutgarrt will murder them.

can't wait til dundee.

I can't really comment because I don't know anything about the incident... At this point, someone has complained about something that has happened at Fir Park and we haven't completed any sort of internal review (or, as far as I know, received any complaint via email).

What I will say, Callum, is that you should email our Safety and Facilities Manager Leeann Montgomery - leeann.montgomery 'at' motherwellfc.co.uk with all the details. We have CCTV camera's fixed on that area of the ground so if it shows you've only stood up twice when Motherwell were attacking then you'd have a ground for a legitimate complaint.

Leeann returns from annual leave on Monday and will pick up any emails then...

Cheers

Flow