Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will post up some more thoughts later when I get a bit more time to think it through, but I'm gutted for Jim O'Brien, felt he totally deserved his goal, at least for his performances over the last few weeks. Also good to see someone actually want to take the penalty under the circumstances.

Jim O'Brien :thumbup:

Played some decent stuff today but wasn't overly impressed with our tactics.

Its hard to grumble when you take a point off Rangers but it lookedto me as if we were playing for a point from half time onwards. Conversely mind you, we did have some cracking chances on the counter attack.

We have some gifted players in midfield but going forward, I fear we might struggle to score goals unless Gannon starts playing Murphy alongside Sutton.

Overall I'm gutted that we never took advantage of the penalty that never was but I'm encouraged by how our youngsters stood up to the test today.

Felt it was more the other way actually, looked like the visitors were quite glad to sneak away with a point as we finished the second-half the way we began it. It's a good standard we've set, and I'd say Gannon will ensure it's more of that than anything else in the coming months. Feel-good at last!

I can't really comment because I don't know anything about the incident... At this point, someone has complained about something that has happened at Fir Park and we haven't completed any sort of internal review (or, as far as I know, received any complaint via email).

What I will say, Callum, is that you should email our Safety and Facilities Manager Leeann Montgomery - leeann.montgomery 'at' motherwellfc.co.uk with all the details. We have CCTV camera's fixed on that area of the ground so if it shows you've only stood up twice when Motherwell were attacking then you'd have a ground for a legitimate complaint.

Leeann returns from annual leave on Monday and will pick up any emails then...

Cheers

Flow

Appreciate the help guys, just hope something can be done about the situation.

Can anyone tell me who employs/controls the stewards, is it the club or the police?

I thought you boys were very impressive today, things are certainly looking up for you this season, long may it continue!

Nobody felt your pain with the penalty miss more than me, considering I had you to win 1-0 and O'Brien to score at 100/1!!

You can certainly be proud of your performance today, 'mon the Well :evilgrin:

I thought you boys were very impressive today, things are certainly looking up for you this season, long may it continue!

Nobody felt your pain with the penalty miss more than me, considering I had you to win 1-0 and O'Brien to score at 100/1!!

You can certainly be proud of your performance today, 'mon the Well :evilgrin:

Where you at the game today mate?

Don't know why were puzzled at such a poor home support a lot of well fans crap there pants when the old firm come to town and its always been the same. :evilgrin:

Spot on Jim. For more years than I care to remember our average home attendance at OF games is about 3,500 and it was no exception today. As long as Police as stewards adopt a laissez faire attitude this will continue.

I loved the game today. I'll leave the tactical talk to all the experts, but I thought we were a force to be reckoned with.

And thanks to the Stockport support behind me. I was deafened in the first half, and amused in the second half. He was clearly a huge fan of Sutton, and I know for a fact that Whittaker is a donkey....... :evilgrin::P

I wasn't, mate. I had to watch it from inside Celtic Park, because my girlfriend had no one to go with her.

I was definitely impressed with what I saw, I'll have to come along one weekend for a proper look and hopefully a 'Well win!

Hibs here in a fortnight will be a good match, worth making it that game I'd say.

Thats the 1st game Ive managed to attend this season, must say I was very impressed. Not only with the performance on the park but also with the way the we supported the team throughout and not getting on the players back if a mistake was made as has been the case all to often in the past.

Standouts for me were Giles Coke who always wants the ball. didn't mind if he was in space or had 2 Rangers players all over him was happy to recieve a pass regardless. Jim O'Brien was also supberb, Whitaker got an easier time against the so called potential world champions the other night than he did today.

All in all a great performance

Played some decent stuff today but wasn't overly impressed with our tactics.

Its hard to grumble when you take a point off Rangers but it lookedto me as if we were playing for a point from half time onwards. Conversely mind you, we did have some cracking chances on the counter attack.

I think you have to give Smith some credit. He's a decent tactician too and made some adjustments in the second half that stifled us a bit. Gannon mentioned that is his post match interview too where he felt they both cancelled each other out a bit in the second half.

Spot on Jim. For more years than I care to remember our average home attendance at OF games is about 3,500 and it was no exception today. As long as Police as stewards adopt a laissez faire attitude this will continue.

In truth the attendance today was approx 9400 whereas last year at home V Gers it was 9600. So I guess taking into account the timing of the game, the Sky coverage and above all the cost and the state of the Economy it does not look so bad.

That said handing over the Cooper back to the home support shows up how poor our support is, especially for old firm games! I guess most of the Cooper went into the East stand last year and that artificially made it look like a good support.

I sit in the POD stand and many is the time we get up the stairs and look over to the East stand and the Cooper and wonder where our support is? Yet the flip side are days like Nancy (home and away), Llanelli and St Johnstone and you think we have a great support - don't figure ;)

Not much has changed over the years if the truth be told, but we are capable of filling the East and Cooper for Cup games and important league games. I just wish, as do many on here we could get that support every home game. Especially when you have a team playing attractive football and trying their hardest.