Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may well beat us but I don't think they will get themselves an easy win, not by a longshot.

I agree with that. One of the currant buns I work with was asking me if I was looking forward to getting gubbed on Saturday. I conceded that we may lose but there's no way we'll be getting gubbed. Good old fashioned coke and a mars bar offshore bet on with him about that one!

They may well beat us but I don't think they will get themselves an easy win, not by a longshot.

Actually haggis you're spot on, poor choice of word by me. I think the final score will probably make it look comfortable in their favour because I'm fatalistic where the Old Firm are involved. There seems to be a rule in Scotland that nobody is allowed to beat them, and the officials invariably play their part in it. There's also the very young 'Well team up against Rangers' experience. We'll see, perhaps a pleasant surprise awaits.

I agree with that. One of the currant buns I work with was asking me if I was looking forward to getting gubbed on Saturday. I conceded that we may lose but there's no way we'll be getting gubbed. Good old fashioned coke and a mars bar offshore bet on with him about that one!

Rangers haven't come to Fir Park and 'gubbed' us for a long, long time. I think the last time they really gave us a doing at FP was when they won 5-1 against us at the tail end of 1999 when Andy Goram punched Amoruso's free kick into the net. Since then they've usually sneaked past us by the odd goal, while we've given them a decent enough run for their money. That's what makes this winless run against them all the more frustrating because they never have to play well against us, but they usually walk away with the points.

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking, mate. I'd love to see a Motherwell victory against a bigot brother but I think not. It's a very young 'Well side that is only just learning to play together; hardly what you want against the Old Firm. 3-0 Rangers but hoping to be proved badly wrong.

Bet you a score we win................. The loser pays it into the team sponsorship thead & if it's a draw, then we pay a tenner a head............ Deal or No Deal ???????? B-)

I have noticed the hostility towards him, and I think that it's pretty pathetic.

We're not a club that can disregard any fan, be it home or away. I've seen Haggis and weeyin get it in the neck aswell, for no apparent reason. Bunch a jumped up shitebags who dish it if you ask me.

Just coming across this point, and I have to disagree; I've seen weeyin take it in the neck, but that's got nothing to do with where he's from. I won't go into why I think he gets it in the neck, but it's not for footballing or geographical reasons. I've NEVER seen HC take it in the neck, and I'd say he's one of the more respected posters on the board.

Similar to weeyin, there are reasons why people get into arguments with Trafficlight. The fact that he's a Man Utd fan has nothing to do with it; we've got Cardiff fans, Barnsley fans, Stockport fans, Dundee Utd fans, Kilmarnock fans, St Mirren fans, Celtic fans and many more that are on the site and welcomed.

And because I don't like a particular poster, it doesn't make me a jumped up shitebag.

FWIW, I reckon we'll get beaten 2-0 on Saturday.

There's a distinction between not liking the comments of a post, and deciding not to like a person who posts. Can you not tell the difference?? How can you form an opinion of a person you've never met?? That's one thing men seem to be much better at than women...oops...wrong thread!! :whistling:

I don't know what the score will be but with us on the bowling green i expect to see some good football.

If we get slane and obrien on the wings with sutton and the polski lad up front we'll definately score.

My worry is our defence and kris boyd he always scores against us i'll stick my neck out and say a 2-1 win to us with Kris boyd to score first.

I've only missed one game this season and feel there is a lot to be optimistic about, rangers aren't used to been pushed as hard as we can push them and stretch them with our speedy wingers outside playing celtic.

So for that reason i expect goals also 3 games in the space of a week for davie weir we have to exploit that big time, he should be cream crackered !!!!

MON THE WELL!!!!

It the past few season it feels like even if we are on form, Rangers could field their U-15s and would still get a result. Half of me hopes that our luck must change soon and the other half is resigned to 3 points lost. Maybe JG will have spotted something we can exploit with a tactical change this time around.

Bet you a score we win................. The loser pays it into the team sponsorship thead & if it's a draw, then we pay a tenner a head............ Deal or No Deal ???????? :D

No deal, mate. Do you think I'm putting money on Rangers ??? :D

Similar to weeyin, there are reasons why people get into arguments with Trafficlight.

:cheers:

That's news to me. Like who ? I don't recall having problems with anyone except for eddiemunster, and I'm certainly not unique in that. What arguments are these ? 99 percent of folk on this forum I enjoy talking to and never have a problem. I certainly don't think of myself as difficult.

Edit - Actually, I think I was a bit short with young Robyn yesterday who asked a perfectly reasonable question. If you're about, apologies if I was off hand, Robyn. The nonsense of a certain individual had put me in a mood, but it was my own fault for taking the bait. Should have known better.

You're a die-hard Celtic fan, but you look out for the Motherwell results and often go to Fir Park. Do you know what that makes you? A tim without the busfare.

I agree with Bop, people like you aren't football fans. You're a fucking glory hunter.

I didn't say you went to Fir Park when Celtic are playing, I'm saying that you claim to support Celtic but often go to Fir Park. You look out for Motherwell results and now you've signed up to a Motherwell football forum. You're not a Celtic fan at all mate. You're a c**t.

Just coming across this point, and I have to disagree; I've seen weeyin take it in the neck, but that's got nothing to do with where he's from. I won't go into why I think he gets it in the neck, but it's not for footballing or geographical reasons. I've NEVER seen HC take it in the neck, and I'd say he's one of the more respected posters on the board.

Similar to weeyin, there are reasons why people get into arguments with Trafficlight. The fact that he's a Man Utd fan has nothing to do with it; we've got Cardiff fans, Barnsley fans, Stockport fans, Dundee Utd fans, Kilmarnock fans, St Mirren fans, Celtic fans and many more that are on the site and welcomed.

Yeah, you gave him a great welcome there :cheers:

Read this comment on a story in The Scotsman this morning.

I see a report that Jim Gannon, the Motherwell manager, sees Kenny Miller as the main threat on Saturday. As a result Motherwell FC are not selling tickets for seats in row Z of their stands.

On-loan Charlton full-back Yassin Moutaouakil is in line for his Motherwell debut at Fir Park. Teenage defender Shaun Hutchinson will return after missing the 0-0 draw at Aberdeen but Paul Slane and Darren Smith are still sidelined.

Rangers are set to hand a debut to French winger Jerome Rothen.

However, Kyle Lafferty, now free of suspension, faces two weeks on the sidelines after suffering a medial ligament injury with Northern Ireland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8249342.stm

Pumping on the cards. Pure and simple. Cant see anything else. A new shit hot frenchman, a striker who can bang in the goals willy nilly, a defence more solid than a new york skyscraper, mastermined by a whiley old maestro.

Yep, Moutaouakil, Sutton and Craigan are the answer.

2 - 1 Well

Buns are sh*te....C'mon!!!