Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the formation we lined up against Man Utd with was excellent and would not be upset if Gannon used it against Gers tomorrow.

With Frenchy and Hammell running the wings, and Hateley playing in a defensive midfield role, but moving back into defence when we went forward.

Hutchison and Reynolds looked solid in the centre of defence together, but I still find it hard to predict Craigan getting dropped. He is our only really experienced player, which could be vital against Rangers, but he is prone to making errors, and is just not as good in the air as bug Hutch.

I can see Coke being one of our key players tomorrow, he has slotted in well into our midfield and looks indispensible at this stage.

1-0 Well, with Hutch scoring a header from a set piece

Agree- I think with Craggs having played 2 high profile high intensity games in the last week he should be given a 'rest'. He also shouldn't see this as being dropped - it is great that we are in a position where we have depth in the squad that can be trusted to come in for this game. I think Hutch & Reynolds would do well in this game if they come against the physicality of Boyd and pace of Miller.

Will also be interesting to see how our new French boy goes against theirs.

I don't know Rammer. All I know is that he was supposed to be at one of the learning centres in the Library with a couple of other players but couldn't make it because he had to go for the op that day.

That's a shame because I really felt he was going to cause the Gers some damage tomorrow. Ach well, it'll be nice to see one of JOB's throw-in shots hit the back of the net! :P

Here is a statement from one of the Rangers forums, just the sort of arrogance you would expect.......... I don't see why we couldn't give Wilson his chance & rest Weir ahead of the CL game. Wilson wouldn't be out of his depth against a young M'well team .

See, normally, I'd be all for jumping all over this sort of comment. But chances are that the guy Wilson has played against half of what is now our first team in the U19s in the last couple of years. Forbes, Murphy, Hutchison, McHugh, he'll have played against them all. I don't think that's what the guy who posted had in mind, he probably thought this would be an easy game. I, for one, am desperately hoping that they pick Weir tomorrow. His age and two international games, I'd be setting Murphy in and about him...

I would start mchugh and murphy up front , if rangers play davie weir he will be tired and those two strikers will set in about him and the other defenders.

I would have thought that would have been an argument for starting the other two and then bringing these two on with 25 to go when he will be really toiling? This of course makes the assumption we are still in it.

Am i correct in saying rangers haven't won at the ark since January 2007? - I fancy our chances. I'm going for a 2-1 win. Forbes and Hutch. Our sides really shaping up nicely.

if youre throwin about figures do remember we havent beaten them in the past 17-18 meetings

When was the last time they beat us at Fir Park in the league? I think a certain Mr Le Guen was in charge.

That's right, January 2007 was the last time they won a league match at Fir Park. In fact, Rangers have not won at Fir Park in the league under Walter Smith since January 1997 when they won 3-1 and Owen Coyle scored his first Motherwell goal, so although our overall record against them is shocking(considering how pish Rangers have been in recent years), our recent home record against them isn't as bad as it would first seem so maybe there's some hope...

However, Rangers, under ANY manager have not lost at Fir Park for nearly seven years and have only failed to win on four occasions since then.

I just can't see us getting anything from tomorrow but I'll be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong about that.

I just can't see us getting anything from tomorrow but I'll be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong about that.

My feelings exactly, chief. I'm not usually one to be negative on prediction threads ( I did tip 'Well to get past Steaua Bucharest :doh: ) but against the Old Firm it's always a big ask for any side. Need to play well and have a bit of luck, let's hope you can make tomorrow one such day.