Porter

DelBoyd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's a pre contract agreement he has signed, so he leaves in the summer (end of his contract) for nowt.

There is a chance they will pay something to get him in January, but we won't get much for him!

If he does sign/has signed to go in the summer, I'd probably rather have the money now, and try and bring someone in! I just can't see how a player can be 100% committed, when he has pledged his future to another team. Porter looks lethargic enough when he IS trying, so cant imagine him at 75%

Yep i believe he'll be off during the window and we'll get about 200 grand which is ok considering we got him for nowt and he;s done hee-haw for us this season. Best not to hang onto him as he wont be trying 100%.I'd be trying to punt some deadwood also ie McGarry and try and get a million for Reynolds. :lol: . Go on Walter you know it makes sense. :lol: .

Pretty sure his girlfriend is at Nottingham Uni so that may explain his eagerness to go there. If he goes I'll wish him all the best. We were all promised a goalscorer at the start of last season and whilst he's no been firing on all cylinders this year, he is still a quality player who lived up to the hype last season.

Guest Papaguigz

Bye Chris, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. We've survived the loss of Hunter, St John, Pettigrew, Coop, Arnott, McFadden, O'Donnell, McCormack and McDonald. Someone who tackles like he's made of glass and couldn't score in a Bankok Whore House is no loss. Give wee McHugh a chance.

Hmmm, never been comfortable keeping folk who have signed pre-contracts elsewhere. Would make obvious sense to get rid now and try and obtain someone who'd play for the jersey. Thanks for last season.

Hmmm, never been comfortable keeping folk who have signed pre-contracts elsewhere. Would make obvious sense to get rid now and try and obtain someone who'd play for the jersey. Thanks for last season.

Agreed.

No hard feelings Ports. Thanks for last season.

Good luck.

PS. If he is still there when you head down tell Calderwood he is a c**t!!!

I would've assumed Porter thought we were a stepping stone to a bigger thing than Forest when he joined us. Had he carried on last season's form I've no doubt he would have. Good luck to him though, was worthy of the C&A jersey in his short spell.

Was hoping we could've picked up a few quid for him though. This freedom-of-contract thing is a real pisser... When it's us that get screwed!

From the notts forest website

Forest boss: Striker is priority

Saturday, December 20, 2008, 07:30

18 readers have commented on this story.

Click here to read their views.

COLIN Calderwood has put a striker at the top of Nottingham Forest's January shopping list – with Motherwell's Chris Porter believed to be among the prime targets.

Fair ye well Ports that explains why you came over to the fans after the accies game

Spot on ,if and when he signs a pre- contract he shouldn't play again .We would miss

his goals though wouldn't we. When was it he last hit the back of the net. ;)

Bye Chris, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. We've survived the loss of Hunter, St John, Pettigrew, Coop, Arnott, McFadden, O'Donnell, McCormack and McDonald.

Whilst I understand the sentiment, you really are talking out of your ass! Rossco leaves and we go joint bottom of the league with the accies! Yes, we will rise again, but at the moment, its just a plain stupid thing to write.