Porter

DelBoyd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see him end his baron spell today, and took his headers very well, especially the first one! I wonder how many career hat-tricks he's got now? One for the stattos methinks! :wallbash:

First career hat-trick was 19 Nov 05 in a 3-3 draw for Oldham at Brentford. I make it that today was the second hat-trick of Chris Porter's career.

McGhee says.........

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee was delighted with Chris Porter’s contribution as he hit a hat-trick to give them a 3-2 win over Inverness, and says he expects the striker to remain at Fir Park until the end of the season.

Porter has been linked with a move to The Championship in January, but McGhee admits that if he wants to go he may need to let him leave.

“I’m worried that I’ll be losing him eventually, but it’s our decision if we lose him in January,” he said after the victory.

“So I do have concerns about that, but there’s nothing I can tell you about that now. No-one has talked to me about Chris Porter.”

He continued: “My ambition is to climb the table, as high as we can and we need Chris Porter to do that. Unfortunately in today’s game when a player decides to go, it’s all to do with Chris.

“If Chris decides what he wants to do it is similar to Ross McCormack last year when he was prepared to stay and that was great. But if Ross had made it clear and made a scene about it and wanted to go we would have had to let him go - and it’s the same with Chris.

“Up to now Chris hasn’t been banging on my door saying he wants to leave so we’ll have to wait and see.”

Motherwell have been able to move three points away from the bottom of The SPL, and McGhee hailed that attitude of his players in training in the build-up to the match.

He said: “I would say Clarkson, Porter, Jim O’Brien and Mark Fitzpatrick trained the best they’ve trained in months. They’re the fittest they’ve been and had their best performances at training so we thought if we brought that into the match we stood a chance.

“That’s why Jim O’Brien played, he’s not played up to now because he’s never looked like that and this week he seemed to recognise he would have an opportunity. Because we’ve not been consistent or playing well in games I couldn’t pick the team based on the Hamilton game I had to pick the team from necessity and from what I saw in training.

“So those guys played themselves into the team by training so hopefully that is back because we’re training with numbers and hopefully we can go on and improve.”

Chris Porter was outstanding today. Great goals and well taken. Good to see that McGhee recognised the contribution of others as I thought Clarkson, O'Brien and Hughes were excellent today.

Good luck Chris as going on last season and today you are far too good for us and probably Forest aswell.

No, No i don't

Blatant claims Boydy!

From your Bebo:

Sports

Football, play or watch, probably more likey to be Rangers these days!!!

And there was a picture on there of you in a Rangers top recently, no?

At least admit yer "hunt without the t" ness.......

On topic though, would be gutted if Ports left. But it was inevitable after the season he had last term........