Mr Burrows Aka 'flow

Well-Made

This comes at the end of a story on the year in the Telegraph

Motherwell’s hot air tires Burrows

Alan Burrows, Motherwell’s press officer, was somewhat harassed on Tuesday morning, when he was responsible for gathering together the manager and a selection of players for the benefit of daily and Sunday newspapers, TV and radio broadcasters, press agencies and photographers.

Was the effort too much for him?

Not so. The cause was a soft tyre on Mark McGhee’s car. The manager sent Alan off to get it re-inflated, a mission which took him around a surprisingly large slice of North Lanarkshire.

And you would think, with all the hot air that comes out of press conferences…

And, speaking of Motherwell, the club announcer gets the 2008 award for most effective mocking fanfare. In their first game after losing the Uefa Cup final to Zenit St Petersburg in May, Rangers were away to Motherwell.

The downcast Ibrox players took the field at Fir Park to the resounding chorus of the Beatles’ ‘Back in the USSR’. Thus demoralised, they dropped the points that gave Celtic the crucial edge that took Gordon Strachan’s team to a third successive title.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...t-has-been.html

:lol::lol:

Ma good friend Roddy Forsyth doin' me in there....

Gaffer's tire needed some air - innocently simple you may think. Drove his car to the garage at the bottom of Merry Street (which took ages in itself due to some annoyingly placed roadworks) only to discover the air pump was busted. No problem I thought - I'll drive up to the Jet Garage at the start of Carfin and get it there...

Did they have one? Nope!

I remembered another garage just up the road in Newarthill. They had one - success! Did it work? Nope - busted!

Next stop... The garage at the Newhouse Roundabout! Did they have an air pump? Nope!

I then took the decision - bearing in mind I am about 45minutes later here - that I'd just drive to the Jet Garage at the bottom of Hamilton Road as I knew they had one. Eventually got it sorted and back in just over an hour - 30 minutes before the pre-ICT presser!

An hour of my life I'll never get back :(:lol: Slow news day indeed ;):P

'Flow