Ict

another number

Couldn't see a thread for this (though I could have missed it, if so please merge)

I think we should start with the same line up as on Saturday when Jennings went off and Lucas came on. Hopefully if Jutkiewicz can get a goal he can become the goal scorer we're lacking a bit just now.

2-0 to the well for me.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow night sees the visit of Inverness Caley Thistle. Thanks to our good league form this game seems to have been forgotten a wee bit on this forum. I'll be interested to see how seriously JG treats this game. In previous seasons, we've played a weakened side against the lowere league sides in the cup. Strikes me that he might pay a bit more respect, though he could look to give Jennings and a couple of others game time in what could be perceived as an 'easier' game...

I'd go with

Ruddy

Moutaoukil Craigan Saunders Hammell

Hately

Jenning Forbes O'Brien

McHugh Jutkiewicz

Thoughts...?

EDIT Simultaneous threads with another number. Great minds and all that. Can a mod please merge...?

Merged.

As fr the game. It's a cup tie so it will start of as a nervy affair but I think we'll have enough and in the end run out comfortable winners at a scoreline of around 2-0/3-0. Or we could go hell for leather and be 2-0 in the first ten minutes, or we could do the normal Motherwell thing and lose 1-0. I'll go with the nervy to start but run out comfortable.

I think a few of the fringe first teamers could be given the nod - I mean the likes of Jennings and Lasley, and even bring back Humphrey (sure I read he was back training) to get some match sharpness in them, although I like Melvin's team...

I'd like to see Craigan return,if only to keep him match fit. Maybe rest Saunders and go with Crags and Reynolds in a back four. Although we could stick Reynolds at left back and drop Hammell.

Up top,I think we'd be best served with two upfront for this one. I'd be tempted to stick with Sutton and Jutkiewicz. Gives them aanother game to try and strike up a partnership and hopefully get amongst the goals. I wouldn't be averse to seeing either McHugh or Murphy start though.

I'll go for a 2-0 win.

I think I'd go for...

.....................Ruddy.........................

Moutaoukil Craigan Reynolds Hammell

..........Hately......... Jennings..............

Humphrey.......Coke..............O'Brien

..................Jutkiewicz.......................

I fancy us to see ICT off with relative ease. 3-0 with Jutkiewicz, Coke and Hammell getting the goals.

--------------------Ruddy----------------

Moutaouikil--- Craigan--- Reynolds--- Hammell

------------------Jennings---------------

--------------Coke------ Lasley-----------

-------------------O'Brien----------------

--------------McHugh-------Jutkiewicz

Quite looking forward to tomorrow night to see how we will line up. But I would rest Forbes, Saunders, Hateley and Sutton and bring in Craigan, Lasley, McHugh and Jutkiewicz. I would play Jim O'Brien in a role behind the two strikers with him getting down both wings where possible. Hopefully another clean sheet and bang in a few goals to see us in to the Quarter Finals.

Owzabout?

Moutaouikil--- Saunders--- Hutchieson--- Reynolds

--------------Coke------ Hateley-----------

------------McHugh-------Jutkiewicz

Whilst I fully understand that this is our best chance of silverwear, at the risk of sounding like an OF fan, I would quite happily take a draw or even defeat tomorrow night if it meant that any notions of being better than we are, picked up from our great start, are kicked out of our system before the next league encounter next season.

But lets pump them 5-0. Get the stikers fireing and set them off on a run of goals ready to carry into the next run of league games!

Hopefully use our speed to cause Jon Bon Jovi and Homer Simpson problems in defence, although Kyle Orton and Hiro Nakamura will be pretty solid as always. Tupac should be easy enough to deal with in midfield although Akon's loud screeching will resemble our previous goalkeepers. George Foreman is a bit past it, I reckon Giles will take of him no problem. Also reckon Sutt's will slot a few past Snoop Dogg in their goal..

Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle_F.C

Owzabout?

Moutaouikil--- Saunders--- Hutchieson--- Reynolds

--------------Coke------ Hateley-----------

------------McHugh-------Jutkiewicz

Thats what I go with. One of the strongest teams available in a slightly different formation.

I'd be devestated if we get knocked out tomorrow.

Gagging for a cup run!

I reckon JG will go pretty much full strength, but I think the fact that Craigan, Jennings and Jutkiewicz could probably do with some game time will allow him to rest Coke (or Forbes), Reynolds and Sutton for the games ahead. I think if we had another option, he might rest O'Brien as well...

Team news from the beeb:

Motherwell have concerns over Ross Forbes, John Sutton, Jim O'Brien and Giles Coke as the quartet missed Monday training with "heavy knocks".

Shaun Hutchinson could return from an ankle injury but Paul Slane is still out following calf surgery.

Inverness are without injured forwards Dougie Imrie and Eric Odhiambo.

Manager Terry Butcher may be tempted to ring the changes after a disappointing display in the 1-1 draw at Airdrie United on Saturday.

Motherwell (from): Ruddy, Moutaouakil, Craigan, Saunders, Reynolds, Hammell, Hateley, Coke, Forbes, O'Brien, Murphy, Sutton, Kosiorowski, Jutkiewicz, Jennings, Lasley.

Hopefully use our speed to cause Jon Bon Jovi and Homer Simpson problems in defence, although Kyle Orton and Hiro Nakamura will be pretty solid as always. Tupac should be easy enough to deal with in midfield although Akon's loud screeching will resemble our previous goalkeepers. George Foreman is a bit past it, I reckon Giles will take of him no problem. Also reckon Sutt's will slot a few past Snoop Dogg in their goal..

Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle_F.C

bonjovihomer.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but is it just this game that season tickets holders get free? I'm working so I'll not be at the game. If there isn't another opportunity to use the voucher then I can give it away to someone.

Cheers.

Aye and reckon we'll win. Early goal and then a very late goal as they are chasing an equaliser - O'Brien and Jutkiewicz