Ict

another number

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't actually play that badly but it was all a bit dozy and there wasn't a lot of urgency a lot of the time. Too many players ran out the tunnel today with the game won in their heads.

Inverness keeper, I think it was Esson, made a few great saves but you could hardly say we had them under constant pressure, there were a lot of backwards and side way passes from us, too many you might say. Inverness were probably the better team until we scored and then started (very slowly) to waken up. Even then we lost two goals from set pieces because we were dreaming instead of alert.

Overall, we won, we probably deserved to win but it was neither convincing nor a really bad display, just one of those matches you are happy to win and get behind you.

Ruddy :6: Maybe I'm being harsh but I felt Munros header wasn't exactly a bullet and Ruddy should have done better. Otherwise nothing major to deal with.

Moutaouakil :7: Got up and down well and unlucky not to score a couple of times, needs to work on a couple of aspects to his game but overall another good display.

Saunders :6: Looked comfortable for most of the match but defensively the goals we lost were poor.

Reynolds :5: Too many slack balls tonight.

Hammell :7: Was good tonight, one of the better players, and of course 'scored' a goal! Yeah, right!

Hateley :6: Like a few others tonight took a while to get up to game speed.

Coke :6: Similar to Hateley, got better as the game went on but looked like he was just out his bed for the first half hour.

Forbes :8: Class act. I don't know what his pass completion stats were for tonight but I'll bet you they were mighty impressive. Set play delivery was excellent and scored another great goal. MOTM.

Jutkiewicz :5: You can see something there but right now its hidden under a big donkey.

McHugh :6: Took his goal well but I'm not sure if he's the sort of forward that will prosper up on his own.

O'Brien :7: In the early stages only him and Hammell looked up for the match. Another good display but came off after taking a few hits.

McGarry :5: Came on and did OK to be fair.

Murphy :4: Late sub but made an impact in the closing stages.

Jennings :2: Another late sub.

Just back the night and all I can say is we were very lacklustre. I knew McHugh was scoring first but because of these bloody Mail strikes a couldn;t afford to bet him. The boy done well he ran himself into the ground. I had the feeling he lacked a bit of confidence though as if he thought he didn't belong in the first team, which is daft because he has oodles of talent.

I thought Coke was solid and Forbes won almost everything in the middle of the park. Apart from that the rest of the team were quite poor. I felt we tried to do too much with the ball when the simple ball was the right one. In saying that their keeper was quite good tonight, which begs the question if he was at Inverness how the fuck did we end up with Fraser?

McGarry cameon for a cameo appearance and when you saw his first touch you realise how good the restof our team are. Didn't do enough to prove he deserves a place on the bench every week. Finally, Jamie Murphy (unless he bucks his ideas up) doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the SPL. He has had enough chances and is just not showing enough for me.

Anyway we won and that's all that matters. Bring on Celtic in the quarters cause I hate the wee teams.

Ruddy :6: Maybe I'm being harsh but I felt Munros header wasn't exactly a bullet and Ruddy should have done better. Otherwise nothing major to deal with.

To be fair mate I was sitting right behind it and it wasn't a bullet but it was a looping header and I don't think he could have done anything about it.

Just home and Im a bitty cold.

But my thoughts are, after it went 1-1 I would have took any sort of win tonight. We neveer played to badly at all, think it was more Caley were up for it than us not being at the races. Passed the ball nicely and had loads of crosses into the box (and from dead balls) probably something Sutton would have enjoyed tonight.

Couldn't care about the performance aslong as we are through.

Ps. Ross Forbes. :woop: