Motherwell V Hibs

Bop

With this game fast approaching i thought i'd start this thread and see what people think about the game on Saturday. I dont rate John Hughes and think hes a pishy manager but with players upfront like Stokes and Riordan they are always likely to grab a goal. I do think though that their weak defence and our good attack means we have goals in us too though so i'm going for a high scoring game with us to win it by the odd goal in seven.

4-3 Motherwell.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont have a clue as to how this one will pan out. Hibees are hot and cold as everybody knows so we should have the upper hand in the game. However with Stokes and Riordan its going to be difficult for us at the back. Defending from set pieces especially.

2-2 for me with Sutton and Jimbo scoring!

Mon ra dossers!

Depends on what Hibs team turns up, but im confident we can grab another 3 points to take us to 3rd spot.

Ruddy

Yass Saunders Reynolds Hammell

Hateley

Coke Jennings Forbes O'Brien

Sutton

Sutton & Murphy with first half goals in a 2-0 win. Riordan to miss a 2nd half penalty :D

with players upfront like Stokes and Riordan they are always likely to grab a goal. I do think though that their weak defence and our good attack means we have goals in us too

A great summing up Bop. Too many folk are blinded by the undoubted yet mercurial skills of Riordan and Stokes (hope they have a good night on the town on Friday incidentally). However a team is made up of more than 2 individuals. As we saw last night their defence is very suspect indeed.

No doubt they're missing Mr Hibs himself, Rob Jones. A real stalwart who was more valuable to his side than many bigger names.

Aye few good points there.

Said it after the game the other night stokes and riordan will hammer us if we don't keep an eye on them at all times. Sadly I don't think we have a solid enough defence the now that will see us keeping a clean sheet in this one.

Also still waiting on someone to take up the role of "striker".

Think we will score, but god only knows who will score for us, take your pick really.

I'll go for a 2-2 as well.

You predicting an early sub for Murphy to come on and score in the first half then? :P

:lol: well spotted!

But aye, Sutton will pick up a knock after doing a diving forward roll in celebration of his goal, Murphy comes on to replace him and scores the 2nd. Simples! :P

Will Stokes play? I thought he was in the bad books after some mess in a nightclub.

I see us coming out undefeated though. ICT was just a blip I hope.

He scored against St Johnstone in the Cup on Tuesday night mate, so it would seem likely.

I'm going for 3-2 'well. Jimbo, Sutton and Yassin (he's bound to score soon the way he's playing just now).

From what i heard about their defeat at Hamilton their defence was slow as fuck and i would of expected Gannon to have picked up on that having been at New Douglas Park. I doubt he will start with Humphrey but i would expect O'Brien to be having a go at their back four quite a lot. Hopefully Slane will be on the bench as well. Don't know who i would start up front, i would of went way the Polish boy after the game at Dundee but he was pish the other night.

If we can defend like we did in the 3 games prior to Tuesday night i reckon we will win 3-0. Forbes, Sutton and O'Brien with the goals.

work with a few hibs fans and they don't rate their chances much. they think they are really poor at the back and will struggle.

on the other hand, we had a really tough 120 mins on Tuesday so that might be a leveller.

still i am blinkered and there will only be one winner... 2-1 Forbes, lucas - stokes

Lee

Looking for 3points as a tremendous birthday gift for myself on Saturday.

Wednesday 26th September 2007 - Hibs 2-4 Motherwell goals from Clarky, Lasley, McMormack & Porter.. What a night, we demolised them that night lets do it again on Saturday.

Mon the 'Well.. :lol:

Looking for 3points as a tremendous birthday gift for myself on Saturday.

Wednesday 26th September 2007 - Hibs 2-4 Motherwell goals from Clarky, Lasley, McMormack & Porter.. What a night, we demolised them that night lets do it again on Saturday.

Mon the 'Well.. :lol:

2 years ago already :O:O

What a night that was - complete blew the Hibbees away and Rossco's goal against big Makashocka was sheer class :D

Repeat on saturday would do nicely

MON RA DOSSERS

I've got a good feeling about this game. If the rest of the crowd is looking forward to it half as much as I am then it'll be a great atmosphere and hopefully the players will be fired up with the chance of going third (or dare I say, second?).

Despite this, I think Gannon will have the players on strict orders to keep it cool and composed so we might not see the goalfest we're hoping for. 2-1 to 'well.