Co-op Draw

dufc4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my first choice but could have been much worse. Six times we played St Mirren last year and now twice at the same venue in four/five days. Would rather have had the other Saints.....not 'cause I think it will be an easier game just to break up the sameness of it.

Both teams will fancy their chances here.

Yet again the OF pick out the lower league team even if it is away from home.

Would have preferred anyone at Fir Park, but not too unhappy at that. Means a booze in town before the train straight to the ground and, regardless of "hoodoo" and "bogey team" nonsense, we should be pumping dross like St. Mirren - especially if we genuinely have any ambitions to go on a good cup run.

No chance it will be only telly either. Probably the least attractive of the four fixtures for the neutrals. Seem to remember the Saints having the sensible head on when it came to entry prices when we beat them 3-1 there last season. Let us hope for more of the same.

Sure the guys at PSL will be happy one of the teams they sell for are in the semis. I'd be firing on some 'CIS Semi Final' stitching on those home tops but I'm a mercenary ;)

If it isnt on TV does that mean its more likely to be on the Tuesday? In work just now and looking to get some holidays booked!

Doesn't appear to be any logic to it. Celtic vs Hearts and Dundee vs Rangers will be the two live games and rightfully so probably. Our game will go on same night as Dundee vs Rangers as St. Johnstone vs Dun Utd grouped with them would only muck things up travel wise.

Our game is a chance, my concern is that Rangers, Celtic and United will probably go through which means it will be a real tough game in the semi should we get through - to win the competition we will probably need to beat both the OF.

Both are shite and their for the taking. I think on our day and with a bit of luck we can take anyone.

Both are shite and their for the taking. I think on our day and with a bit of luck we can take anyone.

True but they are better than us. THe best chance to win against them is in this stage of the season when they are trying to balance European games, cup games, league - by semi final time it is a priority that they can balance with the league. Unless they were going to draw each other, or one of United and Hearts away we wanted them at FP now if we are going to win this competition.

True but they are better than us. THe best chance to win against them is in this stage of the season when they are trying to balance European games, cup games, league - by semi final time it is a priority that they can balance with the league. Unless they were going to draw each other, or one of United and Hearts away we wanted them at FP now if we are going to win this competition.

I agree with everything you have said in this post. Although in the last few seasons we taken points against the old firm at the tail end of the season and we even won at Parkhead. I just think we have nothing to fear from them. If we don't fear them then we have a chance of beating them.