The Pitch- The Weather

Neil

Just came in from work and in the car, the temperature was given as -4, now, the game against Hearts was postponed in not unlike temperatures, I know it was frosty prior to that, but I have to wonder if the club have taken all necessary precautions about the weather this time.

The grass on the way from the bus stop is all frozen, I can only hope the ground is ok, otherwise we are looking at a MASSIVE fine and possible point deduction.

I know it's hypothetical at this stage, but part of me is waiting for it to happen.

yes I can also confirm it was cold last night (-5.5C in a couple of places along the M74) as for the state of the Fir Park pitch......................................

who knows

but.................

I'm guessing there will be an pitch inspection around now so we may find out soon.

Floodlights were on early doors when I was in the ticket queue but couldn't see anyone working on it when I left. Certainly didn't seem to be massive concern. Entirely speculation though. It is beginning to thaw naturally though so I suspect there might not be too much of a problem.

No pitch inspection - game is on.

Then why are the girls answering the phone saying there is an inspection at 12 oclock? Ive just phoned again after your post and they are still saying the same thing!

After reading my post back, it sounds like i'm having a go at you mate. I'm not, just want to know why your so confident of no inspection when staff at Fir Park are saying there is.

Hope its on obviously and it looked like the groundstaff were in plenty early (before 7 certainly)

It was -4 when I went to clear the car to head up to the Ark at 06:30 the coldest I've noted for a while certainly colder than the eve of the Hearts game, but it's been only a 9-10 hour freeze at most so far.

So surely with even the most basic protection in place ( we're told we have basic plus extra measures at considerable cost ;) ) the game should go ahead if not we be as well resigning from the league just now :(

Someone at the club is informing fans there is an inspection at 12 over the telephone number 01698 333 333.

I'm not that bothered either way, just saying that someone has wires crossed somewhere.

It must be you that is confused mate...

I've been in early doors and there has never been an inspection planned and no-one has said that over the phone... I've just checked with everyone answering calls!

To re-iterate... THERE IS NO INSPECTION!

'Flow

Last night's low got to -5.6, that puts it in the top five lowest temps of the entire year. However, given the ground had thawn out after over two weeks with the temps above freezing (bar two slight frosts early in the period) the ground shouldnt' be solid right through.

If the game doesn't go ahead, I doubt few will have any sympathy this time. It simply must go on.

It must be you that is confused mate...

I've been in early doors and there has never been an inspection planned and no-one has said that over the phone... I've just checked with everyone answering calls!

To re-iterate... THERE IS NO INSPECTION!

'Flow

There may be no inspection, but ive phoned and my dad has phoned. We were both told there was an inspection at 12. A few guys on pie and bovril were also told the exact same thing as me.