Missile At The Morrocan

steelboy

the older neds need to get a grip of the younger neds.

The guy who flung the object was probably between 18-24 and I don't believe associated with any of the lads in the bottom section that many class as "neds" & "weans". He appeared to be at the game with his mate and that's all.

His actions prior to the incident didn't suggest he was anything other than a normal supporter. He left the section straight after the incident and i think from this body language he knew he had blown it.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do half of you think you are? For fuck sake you want to abuse a man from start to finish and the slightest wee 'get it up you' back from him and you want to kick fuck out of him.

I don't think anyone's talking about kicking fuck out of him, just that he should have been booked at least three times and wasn't.

Everyone here seems to be fucking raging at the twats who threw things.

There was a coin thrown at a hibs player (riordan i think) coming over to take a throw in not long after the 3rd goal. The guy who I'm pretty sure threw it, then went through the loose change in his pocket and picked out another coin, and sat with it in his hand, presumably waiting for his next opportunity.

Or maybe seeing if he's got enough spare to pay the fine?

This was his every position at any free kick we got yesterday, and he receive the sum of zero bookings for it. Each one is surely a yellow card!

MotherwellvHibsSep2009022.jpg

Not really. All he did was stand in front of the ball every time a free kick was given in order to stop a quick one being taken and allowing his teammates time to get back into position. That happens in every game of football at every level all over the world.

The way Zemmama acted was disgraceful and should of been booked many times for his fouls and antics, players should be expected to get abused and carry on and ignore it. They are role models and should not be antaganizing the home fans. Although, a missile get thrown is a nuisance and is not on and hope whoever did throw is punished because if it happens again could end up Motherwell in a pile of shite with the SFA.

Referees should ensure that the offending team does not delay the restart of play by positioning a player in front of the ball at every free kick.

The referee can do this by

1. Warning the player not to do this by have a 'word'

2. Cautioning any player that prevents the taking of the free kick after having the 'word'

I don't think anyone's talking about kicking fuck out of him, just that he should have been booked at least three times and wasn't.

Everyone here seems to be fucking raging at the twats who threw things.

He should have been booked - and the best way was for Forbes to have taken a quick free kick straight off him instead of patiently waiting.

wrt his goal celebration - Adebayor was punished in England for exactly the same thing in terms of a ban. If somone has the neck to do it next week in the OF derby there will be a yellow / a rammy / a press inquisition etc.etc.

However that doesnt deflect anything away from the pilchards who threw stuff on. takes the heat of Zemmamma and puts it on us.

As a support we should be raging at 'the twats who threw things'

I've said many times - we will be made an example of by the SPL or the SFA sooner or later due the behaviour in the stands. We're an easier target than the OF and the authorities will love to do it. We're determined to make it easy for them.

Why? :huh:

Exactly, I think Cantona had the right idea. Some fans are a joke, if you abuse a player for most of the game you should expect and have a laugh at anything given back whether it a hand gesture a bit of gloating when they score or anything else. Fans need to grow up and if you're over sensitive it is very simple, don't dish it oot. Someone got it right earlier when they said that if it was our own player that done it he would be a hero.

Cause its part of football, your always gonnae have folk in the stands shouting abuse at players and most of them just get on with it.

So what's the big deal if Zemmama decided to celebrate his goal by sliding on his knees in front of the East Stand?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling to work out what's the actual problem here. Are people that easily wound up that a player sliding in front of them during, what is only, a game of football is now a crime!?

The outrage on this thread is hilarious, but also fairly embarrassing. A footballer scores a goal and slides in front of the East Stand - the same Stand that in the past has berated Andy McLaren for being a junkie, called Graham Rix a paedo, chanted about Boruc being a refugee, and even abuses selected Motherwell players on a regular basis - and suddenly there's a massive outcry. :huh:

If what Zemmama did yesterday is a genuine problem for people, then perhaps a football match isn't the best place for them on a Saturday afternoon.

So what's the big deal that Zemmama decided to celebrate his goal by sliding on his knees in front of the East Stand?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling to work out what's the actual problem here. Are people that easily wound up that a player sliding in front of them during, what is only, a game of football is now a crime!?

The outrage on this thread is hilarious, but also fairly embarrassing. A footballer scores a goal and slides in front of the East Stand - the same Stand that in the past has berated Andy McLaren for being a junkie, called Graham Rix a paedo, chanted about Boruc being a refugee, and even abuses selected Motherwell players on a regular basis - and suddenly there's a massive outcry. :huh:

It what Zemmama did yesterday is a genuine problem for people, then perhaps a football match isn't the best place for them on a Saturday afternoon.

Fair point, I just find that the way players now act is very unprofessional and both players and fans should get a grip.

My favourite example of this is a certain Coisty at Fir Park taking dogs abuse from the East Stand for being a fat b****rd for the whole game. He bangs in a goal and runs back up the park 'waving' to the east stand , i.e. out of sight of the ref he runs along flivking the v's. Some people laugh, some people go apoplectic and demand the polis do 'something' and threaten to write to the SFA etc... I think if your dishing it out, you should be able to take it on the chin and not be chucking things on to the pitch and getting the club in soapy bubble. Its part of the fun.

I wasn't at the game so don't know how provocative the wee fella was being. If it was bad then the ref and observer will mention it in their report but the missile incident will probably get him off the hook...

Edit: On reading the other posts, the radio commentary gave the impression that he was definitely booked for his 'celebrations' but they were obviously wrong.

The best one that i can remember seeing was celtic fans giving Gazza a bloody hard time about beating up his wife,being a fat bastard etc etc etc. I remember it well and there was some hefty hefty abuse getting shouted at him - he waited till he was near them and done the not infamous flute action.

He got hammered for it,sectarianism blah blah etc but yea know what i doubt he cared because it didny half get right up the noses of the 'holier than thou' celtic fans who wanted him banned for life etc for what he done because it could have 'sparked a riot' - if a player making a wee hand gesture could spark a riot a think its the fans and not the player who has problems.

if a player making a wee hand gesture could spark a riot a think its the fans and not the player who has problems.

Totally agree 91 cup final Alan Main celebrated one of Utd's goals by sliding along the ground on his knees toward us. :doh:

Result?: 18 years of abuse about "where's yer medal?" :D No bottles or lighters or coins just good natured abuse.

Response?: He tries to stick it up us every time by playing well or pishing himself laughing. :huh:

Now that is the banter at a football game none of the pish we get now adays :D

Davie Cooper was a classic wind up merchant winking and blowing kisses to opposing fans when he played with us. We lapped it up and thought it was a great laugh.

So tell me you dafties that got all upset what did the wee man do wrong??

cos he ripped the pish out of you makes him unprofessional.

Two words GROW UP :huh:

its what makes the game great at times. Over the years there has been some belting get it right up you moments. Some of them just happen without the player really winding up the fans aswell.

It all seems more aggressive now and less banterfull though - shame really.

People are keen to take their fustrations out on footballers at times because they feel safe to do so because 99/100 the player canny react to what gets said etc. I bet if a player came up to some people who hoard them with abuse all the time and told them to meet them out in the carpark for a square go after the game they'd be shiting themself.

Footballers are human beings, lucky human beings but football as much as it is a joyous thing to do is still their job - if someone came to where i work and gave me pelters i'd probably end up booting them - footballers don't get that chance.

Davie Cooper was a classic wind up merchant winking and blowing kisses to opposing fans when he played with us. We lapped it up and thought it was a great laugh.

So tell me you dafties that got all upset what did the wee man do wrong??

cos he ripped the pish out of you makes him unprofessional.

No it means he should have been booked which could then have had an effect on the game. He certainly wouldn't have stood in front of any more of our freekicks for a start.

I agree it's good to see someone ripping the pish out of fans, and wish we had someone in our team who could rile the opposition. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been booked though.

I bet if a player came up to some people who hoard them with abuse all the time and told them to meet them out in the carpark for a square go after the game they'd be shiting themself.

And i bet a player who thinks he's smart noising up a couple of hundred football fans with a drink in them wouldnt be so smart or quick to do it if he was passing them in the street.

Shouldnt be getting stuff thrown at him but he knew what he was doing and so cant moan IMO

Dont worry though , the rest of you are still allowed to moan :lol:

PS For clarity, I was down the other end and dont condone it

Seems to be some confusion here despite all the posts on the subject.

Did the fans abuse/barrack him from the kick off and if so why?

or

Did they only abuse/barrack him after he gesticulated & celebrated after his goal?

My recollection from the POD Stand is that it was the latter.

I recall a "similar" incident years ago at McDiarmid Park when Allan Moore scored for Saints then ran over to the Well support and made objectionable gestures. It almost caused a riot. In that case our support hadn't been bothering with him in the slightest prior to his gestures.