Motherwell V Falkirk

East_Stand_Al

Ok lets try to leave the Post Mortem into Saturday to Jim Gannon and the team.

I'm sure the gaffer has identified the weaknesses in our own performance as readily as he sees the chinks in our opponents armour and has plans for the trainng ground this week.

I reckon we'll bounce back and get the 3 points on Saturday and take a few goals off Falkirk too, I'm going for a 3-0 win Falkirk have yet to score in the league this month andI don't see that changing.

With Hibs and Dundee United playing each other we have an opportunity to be back up challenging for 3rd/4th Place.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is we always seem to struggle against Falkirk and they will win a game at some point this season. I'm normally captain of the happy clappy brigade but I'm not filled with confidence going into this game.

Fingers crossed the boys can prove me wrong.

PS. Big McLean's bound to score

I know Falkirk have to win at some point but I don't believe it will be on Saturday.

They have only scored 3 goals so far in the league and conceded 9 and I can't see their fortune changing at Fir Park this Saturday.

The lads will want to put the disappointment from the Hibs game behind them and get back to winning ways.

I will go for 2 nil to the Well. Sutton and Forbes hitting the net.

as usual the team that's having a shite time always puts on a performance against Motherwell - either that or we lower ourselves to their level.

One or more of our strikers have to step forward sooner rather than later or the season could end up littered with Motherwell 0 - Opposing team something.

Unless we get a early goal on Sat I fear another snore bore draw, or worse still, Falkirk snatching their first win of the season

It's actually quite an important game for us. The game after it sees us away to Celtic, which we're not likely to get anything from, so 3 points are quite important if we're wanting to stay in touch with Hibs & Dundee Utd. I know it's dead early in the season to be saying things like that, but I think it's important we pick up as many points as possible before suspensions etc kick in. I wasn't at the game & unfortunately couldn't listen to it on the radio, but according to the people that post on here, we were really weak at the back. With that in mind I'd probably drop young Saunders & put Craigan back into the team. My line up would be...

Ruddy

Moukouatil (sp?)

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Hately

Jennings

Coke

O'Brien

Murphy

Sutton

Forbes apparently needs a bit of a rest, so Jennings will complement big Coke quite well in the middle. Humphrey can come on at half time and give us a bit of pace down one of the wings, at which point I'd hook Murphy for the big Pole and play 2 up top and fire crosses into the box all 2nd half.

I reckon we'll win this one & keep a clean sheet. It won't be easy, but I'll go for 2-0 to Motherwell! :lol:

--------------------Ruddy-----------------

Moutaoukil----Craigan----Reynolds-----Hammell

-------------------Hateley--------------------

Humphrey------Coke--------Jennings-----O'Brien

---------------------Sutton-------------------

Fuck knows how it will go on Saturday hopefully we will get back to winning ways though.

It's actually quite an important game for us. The game after it sees us away to Celtic, which we're not likely to get anything from, so 3 points are quite important if we're wanting to stay in touch with Hibs & Dundee Utd. I know it's dead early in the season to be saying things like that, but I think it's important we pick up as many points as possible before suspensions etc kick in. I wasn't at the game & unfortunately couldn't listen to it on the radio, but according to the people that post on here, we were really weak at the back. With that in mind I'd probably drop young Saunders & put Craigan back into the team. My line up would be...

Ruddy

Moukouatil (sp?)

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Hately

Jennings

Coke

O'Brien

Murphy

Sutton

Forbes apparently needs a bit of a rest, so Jennings will complement big Coke quite well in the middle. Humphrey can come on at half time and give us a bit of pace down one of the wings, at which point I'd hook Murphy for the big Pole and play 2 up top and fire crosses into the box all 2nd half.

I reckon we'll win this one & keep a clean sheet. It won't be easy, but I'll go for 2-0 to Motherwell! :whistling:

I agree with your team and everything you say. It is very important, not only because we want to keep in touch with Dundee United and Hibs but we are only 6 points off the bottom so if we lose on Saturday and then lose against Celtic the pressure is on.

Having said that Falkirk are pish and we won't lose. 2-0 to us Sutton will grab them both.

As I said in the Humphrey thread we need to get back to the shape that served us well earlier in the campaign

Ruddy

Moutaouakil Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Hately Jennings

Humphrey Coke O'Brien

Sutton

Could even play Murphy wide right if Humphrey is not match fit. Having Forbes on the bench could keep Coke on his toes. If Coke's not having a great game, we have Forbes to come on directly in his place. It's a bit harsh on Saunders getting dropped, but I feel we need a wee bit more organisation at the back as slackness is creeping in...

Hhhmmm....I hate these games. ie the games we really should be winning. I mean that with the greatest respect to Falkirk, as Motherwell at their ground is a game they probably feel they should be winning.

Will Gannon ring the changes? I think a couple are probably in order, but where?

Will our strikers get a goal between them? Really hope so, but as long as we win I don't care who scores!

As Bollo would say "I have a bad feeling about this". Don't know why...

Falkirk by the odd goal.

Hhhmmm....I hate these games. ie the games we really should be winning. I mean that with the greatest respect to Falkirk, as Motherwell at their ground is a game they probably feel they should be winning.

As Bollo would say "I have a bad feeling about this". Don't know why...

Falkirk by the odd goal.

Have to agree unfortunately, I think a draw's the best we'll get. Up until two years ago, Falkirk were our bitches and we used to regularly beat them, but that's changed now and we've only won once in our last seven meetings with them. This will be a tough game for us.

--------------------Ruddy-----------------

Moutaoukil----Craigan----Reynolds-----Hammell

-------------------Hateley--------------------

Humphrey------Coke--------Forbes-----O'Brien

---------------------Sutton-------------------

Haven't Falkirk's last three games been 0-0?

Either way I don't see a clean sheet for either team so 2-1 'Well.

From what I've read about Falkirk their games v Accies and Killie were dire. But the three clean sheets so there is a bit of organisation there, not that Hamilton, Aberdeen and Killie have shown themselves to be free scoring but then again neither are we. I think its a game that could peter out to a 0-0 if we not ahead by half time, though if we do get one and force them to open up then I think the pace of Humphrey/O'Brien/Mouatakil/Hammell could kill them. One thing I have noticed when I have seen Falkirk is they are as slow as hell and that gives us great opportunities to draw fouls and maybe a penalty out of them. Contorversially my team would be:

Ruddy

Saunders, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell

Mouatakil, Hately, Coke, Jennings, O'Brien

Sutton

Humphrey and Forbes to come on to inject something if we are struggling. Forbes looks jaded and a game off I think will help him, Mouatakil is basically playing winger anyway so why sacrifice having a right back. Only thing that concerns me about that team is the lack f direct support for Sutton but I think any two of the centre mids should be capable of following up epecially as one of the full backs should be a bit deeper and if worst comes to worst all defenders can move one place leftwards and Mouatakil is quick enough to fall back to right back.

I think the boys will be up for a win this Saturday because they won't be happy about last Saturday. My team would be:

Ruddy in goal, Moutaouakil Craigan Reynolds Hammell as back line, then let JG decide.

I would give Ross Forbes a well earned break but have him on the bench. This would mean he would be rested for the Celtic game. We have a good enough squad but I think the next couple of games at least, Craggs should be back in.

By the way, anyone know where Darren Smith is? Haven't seen or heard of him in ages?

Sad news about Darren and I wish him a full and speedy recovery

As for the game against Falkirk I'm hoping it will be a return to form and we'll win in style (3-0)

however Falkirk are getting desperate for points and I can see them throwing everything at us as they won't make it easy or a pretty game to watch

finger crossed

COME ON YE WELL

Ruddy

Hateley -- Craigan -- Reynolds -- Hammell

Murphy -- Coke -- Forbes -- O'Brien

Sutton -- McHugh

I'd bring Craggs back in as I think we miss his experience and organisation. I'd drop Yassin til he learns how to actually get back and defend and stops leaving us horrendously exposed (I still find it hilarious that he won the Hibs MoM poll on here!) and Hateley looked alright at right back when he first arrived. That would allow Coke to step into the middle of the park as he's been terrible on the right, with Murphy coming in. I'd also give McHugh a chance ahead of Jutkiewicz because the big Pole just isn't cutting it just now.

2-0 'Well with goals from the two front men.

Falkirk have three clean sheets in a row, I think a lot of 'Well fans that think this is going to be an easy game are deluding themselves.

I'm not a big fan of Olejnik in goals but otherwise Falkirk have a decent side in terms of personnel and it would be foolish to treat them lightly.

This will be a tricky match but hopefully with a full weeks rest our players will have a bit more energy about them at the weekend than we've shown in the last couple of games.

Will be interesting to see what Gannon does about the recent problems at the back and in giving John Sutton some support. Could we see Craigan come back in while Jutkiewicz drops out?

As some else said we really need a good performance to keep the impetus up otherwise with some difficult games coming up we could fall back.