Club Meeting With Wellboys

wellboy60

Guys ,

Further to our previous posts as promised I spoke today with the match commander Gregor Mc Kenzie.

He , like the club , is very keen to have a meeting with the Wellboys/the Well trust to sort out the issues on both sides.

To this end he has asked that you suggest some dates to me that would be suitable to you ( any evening week commencing 05 January 2008 ) - the meeting will take place at Fir Park ( possibly in the boardroom ).

I will relay the dates to him and come back to you.

From the club point of view present will be the Chief safety Officer , the Head Steward and both assistant Head Stewards ; the club have asked that a maximum of six representatives from your end attend ( it would be good to have both Well Boys and Well trust represented so perhaps three from each organisation ).

I understand that so far you have six questions to ask however to make the evening worthwhile you may wish to add to your list ( you may wish to have Well trust input too ) - lets make this a worthwhile meeting from both sides.

Can you PM me with the dates and the list of questions asap in order that we can have a considered and meaningful response prepared for you - we will come prepared to discuss things in as much detail as you like.

Lastly , and on behalf of the club , can I compliment you on your impecable behaviour today - you were a credit to the club especially on such a significant and poignant fixture.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant help but notice that u moan wen stewards/police are in that section , now ure havin a "shock horror" moment because they weren`t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think that's a whooosh! moment there :wallbash:

Unless of course I've misunderstood and mon_da_well is turning into a whinger for the sake of it. Dont think so mind.

Guys ,

I would like to be in a position to get a firm date for the the meeting with the Match Commander arranged within the next couple of days.

So far I have had no dates suggested from your side - can your spokesperson please come back to me asap?

Can you also let me know how the questions are coming along and who will be in attendance.

I need to know numbers in order that the club can make the necessary arrangements.

what do you think is actually going to happen at these meetings???

think they will say "aye it's ok then since you spoke to us, you lot can just stand!"

as far as i'm aware the only folk who have ever stood is the folk in the back row. (used to do it myself back in the day)

i just can't see what you are wanting from these meetings

Wellboy 60 ..... The match commander yesterday was not Gregor MacKenzie. Gregor MacKenzie is one of the senior officers from the North Lanarkshire division who carries out the duty of match commander on a rota basis. If you spoke to him yesterday then it was not in his capacity as match commander. Any meeting between the police and fans would have to be taken at a higher level I would imagine.

Am I correct in thinking that the 'well boys meeting with the match commander has come about due to the thread by Sieb_Dykstas_Barmy_Army??

If so, its actually quite ironic that their biggest critic has actually helped them progress officially. Give him a thankyou guys, i know it will wind him right up.

Sieb- spiritual leader of the 'well boys! :blink:

Guys ,

I would like to be in a position to get a firm date for the the meeting with the Match Commander arranged within the next couple of days.

So far I have had no dates suggested from your side - can your spokesperson please come back to me asap?

Can you also let me know how the questions are coming along and who will be in attendance.

I need to know numbers in order that the club can make the necessary arrangements.

wellboy60 - are you speaking from an 'official' club perspective?? It seems to me that any such meeting would need to be organised with the club at the highest level - is that the case?

Can I ask if you are speaking from an insiders perspective or I'll put it to you this way, do you work for the club and if so, do you have the authority to be approaching the police on such matters?

Guys ,

First of all I do know that Gregor Mc Kenzie wasn't the match commander yesterday and I do know that he operates with other 'match commanders' on a rota basis.

From Strathclyde Police side though it is he that has been designated by them to attend the meeting.

In answer to your postings:

Do I work for the club - yes and have done so for almost 20 years.

Do I have the authority to approach police on such matters - again yes - I can make things happen given the chance.

Has the meeting with the wellboys come about due to post by sieb dkystras barmy army - no it came about simply because I got fed up with all the hassle between the wellboys etc and the stewards/police ( from both sides ) and knew how to get both sides talking.

What do we want to get from these meetings - understanding on both sides - it is a genuine attempt to make things better from both the clubs point of view and from the supporters point of view- all I ask is that you give us a chance.

Hopefuly that clarifies things up - I understand your cynisism however I want to improve things so if you need further clarification please pm me.

Meeting will be held at Fir park by myself and others from the WB86 also a rep from the trust will be in attendance. WB decided as a group who would be best to attend the stewards and match commander was a joint decision by the WB and Wellboy60 during a match and over PM's. And any member of the trust is welcome. Obviously we will not want to over crowd the place so trying to keep the numbers down.

I think the initial suggestion of 3 Trust folk and 3 Wellboys is sound. I think any more than that it will become less constructive, seem like bullying and perhaps lose order.

I would like to propose two things:

1. Can we (the MST) meet with the Wellboys seperately before this meeting, even just briefly, to clarify the position on a few matters?

2. Can we try to conduct these discussions by pm or private email until the meeting is done and dusted? Too many cooks spoil the broth, etc.

Frazzle

I think the initial suggestion of 3 Trust folk and 3 Wellboys is sound. I think any more than that it will become less constructive, seem like bullying and perhaps lose order.

I would like to propose two things:

1. Can we (the MST) meet with the Wellboys seperately before this meeting, even just briefly, to clarify the position on a few matters?

2. Can we try to conduct these discussions by pm or private email until the meeting is done and dusted? Too many cooks spoil the broth, etc.

Frazzle

Not sure if this has allready happened, but if you contact Quinn 91 off these boards then he will give you the info needed as he's arranging the meeting on our behalf. But your sugestion about meeting us before the meeting is reasonable. To arrange it, quinn 91's yer man :huh:

Cheers Neale

i for one must admit to being a wee bit wary that the trust are just jumping on the back of the wellboys bandwagon here :huh:

I think you're right. I mean, what do they even do? It just seems like they sense a chance for a big of good press with the supporters and have jumped right in. For example, look at Frazzles post.

So you have arranged a meeting with knowing exactly what it's going to be about?

What's the point in this? Why do the turst not want us to be up-to-date with it? The Well Boys always post updates when there are any.