Club Meeting With Wellboys

wellboy60

No offence mate, but the trust just comes across to me as a bit of a joke and one meeting doesn't make you heroes.

What the fuck is the point of this post! Is anyone from the trust making out to be heroes?

I happen to agree that the trust does seem a bit pointless at times but if you have specific issues with them why not make them more clear rather than just mouthing off random rubbish. You did kinda manage that in previous post albeit you come across as aggressive and slightly paranoid sounding.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW I'm sick of the way fans have been conditioned into just accepting what they're told. We had zero consultation when seats were brought in but common sense has meant little enforcement of the standing rule. What changed recently to make this #1 priority needs looked at cos the previous implementation really didn't need changed. There are times when fans need to be allowed to act like fans, that means to me, singing, chanting, carrying on, having a laugh, getting behind their team. Not necessarily the way I behave at games now but certainly younger elements should be allowed to enjoy their day out in a manner befitting fitba fans.

Sitting on yir hauns for 90 minutes is not what I expect to be enforced by the proper authorities, they're not causing trouble yet are being criminalised for doing what should be treated as a matter of course for supporters.

Absobluddylutely.

The Taylor Report was a result of the terrible tragedy that was Hillsborough. However, lets face it we never were or ever will be likely to witness anything near similar at Fir Park. I believe we in Scotland suffered overkill as many recommendations from Lord Justice Taylor's Report were forceably implemented by our politicians - who saw it is a way to sanitise our beloved game.

Roofing the open ends at Fir Park, and improving toilet/catering facilities would have been sufficient IMHO.

Sadly, those who attempt to stand for 90mins are no doubt breaching some form of ill-advised legislation, however I believe Police and Stewards have to show some common sense and identify/determine if public safety is at risk before they flash their stripes in the East Stand.

The only time that there is any lack of respect is when the motherwell fans, as a whole, and our group are treated differently from any visiting fan base. Such as like you said if the whole south stands and they refuse to sit because of us then it works the same way as well which is something that i hope this meeting will have a barring on.

There is also a great inconsistancy between stewarding week in week out this needs to be addressed as without the same rules/regulations being put in place every game and being enforced then what is the point in having them. For example i have stood and bounced about for the full 90 mins at an old firm game without Question (at FP) but then weeks after at a hibs/kille game i am told to sit down and being threated with ejections, for nothing different from what was done weeks previous.

Everyone from my side is well aware that it is not, as said before, a points scoring excersie. Common ground must be found between us and officials and we need to deal with the issues that we have with officials and the issues the officials have with the way we support our team. To the extent that will be achiveable through this meeting.

good point well made, too many people tar the well boys with this brush of being a bunch of silly wee laddies, but I know for a fact thats not the case, Good luck with this I look forward to seeing the outcome

I believe that the Wellboys representatives are looking to speak to their members about what was agreed last night. It wouldn't be fair to fire up bits and pieces before they got back to their guys.

The Trust will put together a news article and press release once we have received minutes from the meeting, they are due in the next couple of days. I'll post links here once that's been done.

I wouldn't like to say too much without the Wellboys deciding what their official stance is on it first (there's a Trust press release pending this) but I thought the meeting went well.

The match commander, the clubs new stadium H&S manager and three head stewards were there, and each and every one was very approachable and seem to have the best of intentions for the club and the fans. There was a bit of negotiating and an initial compromise was reached on the Wellboys issue. There was also another couple of points raised by the Trust that have been taken on board and I expect to be acted upon (time will tell) but I wouldn't want to comment on that until the minutes have been released and the press release is out.

It was also agreed that this meeting would take place three times a year going forward and ongoing communication was very much encouraged. I was personally quite heartened by it and, to re-iterate a statement I made in another thread, if any fans have any questions or concerns regarding the police, stewards or any Health & Safety issues surrounding match days at Fir Park, please bring them to the attention of myself or another MST board member and we will raise them with the appropriate person with an aim to resolving it.

Frazzle

Personally i am still a bit fazed by it all. The group will be unable to pass a final verdict on how well the meeting went until after a good few home games, to see how long it takes before things change back, if they do.

What was said at the meeting? Well basically we as a group went in there wanting certain things to remain or be enforced/allowed from what is just now and before the meeting.

There was a clear compromise made about the standing issue and that is that the 2 back rows of the section and the east stand will be allowed to stand. This IS progress as before it was only the back row, but some out there may think well the 2nd back row has stood or whatever. But for this to be clarified is progress in my eyes.

Also there was a lack of knowledge/understanding of the stewards situation from our point of view, also a lack of knowledge/understanding of what we as a group aim to achive from the stewards point of view. Now this has been rectified bringing up issues about ejection, the way stewards are trained, procedures that are in place, for the "misbehaviour" of fans, and the thinking behind decisions by stewards, match commander H&S officer etc. This is again progress as there is now a channel of communication and both parties are able to look upon each other with a bit more respect, but for how long who knows.

A third point that was brought to the table was about safe standing and areas designated for this. We are aware of the complications of this as most are. But it was brought up in order to be discussed at the other meetings as an ongoing point. As of ways to get around legislation and changes in law. Which is still a long way off.

To move onto the descrimination/2nd class citizen point made earlier in the thread by myself we spoke about this and it was made apparent that the treatment of motherwell fans is paramount to the body that we met with. Now in my eyes i do not feel that this has been resolved and there is along way to go before the treatment of us as supporters changes. :whistling: But the good thing to come from this is that Allan Marshell has presented himself to us as a contact for any mistreatment of fans by stewards and i belive this will take into account the treatment of one set of supporters to another. Eg. the way old firm fans are treated compared to the home support.

I am pretty sure i have covered everything from the meeting, but i as stated above the group and i are very wary of how good this will come and how approchable everyone will be. But only time will tell how good things will get or if they will result in the club losing the trust of many more fans if they fuck it up. OF course it is a two way thing but if trouble isn't looked for trouble doesn't happen.

Quinn91,

you should be commended for describing many discussed issues as progress, even those where you have offered compromise.

can only be good for all parties concerned, and now that contacts have been made and opinions swapped hopefully trust and respect will be earned and Motherwell fans will be able to "enjoy" the Fir Park experience again.

Good luck to you.

It seems as if there has been progress of a sort, which is pleasing because I believe the Wellboys add a much needed bit of colour to the matchday experience.

However, as you say, any progress won't become apparent until both you and the stewards/police etc have a few games under your belt.

Keep us informed how things go mate and best of luck to you.

Cheers

I wouldn't like to say too much without the Wellboys deciding what their official stance is on it first (there's a Trust press release pending this) but I thought the meeting went well.

The match commander, the clubs new stadium H&S manager and three head stewards were there, and each and every one was very approachable and seem to have the best of intentions for the club and the fans. There was a bit of negotiating and an initial compromise was reached on the Wellboys issue. There was also another couple of points raised by the Trust that have been taken on board and I expect to be acted upon (time will tell) but I wouldn't want to comment on that until the minutes have been released and the press release is out.

It was also agreed that this meeting would take place three times a year going forward and ongoing communication was very much encouraged. I was personally quite heartened by it and, to re-iterate a statement I made in another thread, if any fans have any questions or concerns regarding the police, stewards or any Health & Safety issues surrounding match days at Fir Park, please bring them to the attention of myself or another MST board member and we will raise them with the appropriate person with an aim to resolving it.

Frazzle

For someone that doesn't want to say too much you do go on a bit.

This thread was about a club meeting with the Wellboys, not the Trust, it's their opinion we want not yours.

This thread was about a club meeting with the Wellboys, not the Trust, it's their opinion we want not yours.

Exactly.

Very glad the Trust have the oportunity for a press release too, bravo for that. Keep up the good work (by good work I mean jumping on the 'Wellboys coat tails).

You asked the question and you received two well thought out answers from two very passionate Motherwell fans, so I don't see the problem. You would be the first to start moaning if you didn't get a response.

It's quite clear that you have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding the Trust, there's no need to continuously go on about it. This is becoming tiresome.

Exactly.

Very glad the Trust have the oportunity for a press release too, bravo for that. Keep up the good work (by good work I mean jumping on the 'Wellboys coat tails).

You don't have a clue what your talking about but that hasn't stopped you commenting in the past.

The meeting was organised by the club, both the Wellboys and the Trust were invited. The Wellboys had points they wanted to cover, the Trust had seperate issues they wanted to discuss. The meeting seems to have been beneficial for everyone and a success.

You don't have a clue what your talking about but that hasn't stopped you commenting in the past.

The meeting was organised by the club, both the Wellboys and the Trust were invited. The Wellboys had points they wanted to cover, the Trust had seperate issues they wanted to discuss. The meeting seems to have been beneficial for everyone and a success.

I am as entitled to an opinion as anyone else, thanks very much. If my opinion is that the Trust is just looking for a bit of good press then I'm affraid that's your problem if you disagree :(

You asked the question and you received two well thought out answers from two very passionate Motherwell fans, so I don't see the problem. You would be the first to start moaning if you didn't get a response.

It's quite clear that you have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding the Trust, there's no need to continuously go on about it. This is becoming tiresome.

I received one well thought out answer, and the usual sycophantic claptrap from the Trust.

Frazzle couldn't comment "until the minutes have been released and the press release is out"

yet he still thought "the meeting went well."

Not exactly the impression I got from Quinn91's post, who was more guarded about the outcome and thus more honest.

I dont have a chip on my shoulder regarding the Trust, to be quite frank I couldn't give a damn, it's just that nearly every post that emanates from the Trust makes you sound like a bunch of tossers. Frazzle managed to out do David Brent in his last post, with his comments on minutes and press releases, and his unmitigated joy at the fact there will be one of these meetings every four months.

Of course it's the way you take yourselves so seriously that makes you all the funnier.

The meeting was organised by the club, both the Wellboys and the Trust were invited.

The Trust were openly invited but the purpose of the meeting was for the Wellboys to meet with the stewards/match commander and vice versa. Yes the trust had their own points of view which they wanted to put across but I find it astonishing that the Trust have been speaking about stewarding/police interviews to the wrong peole in the club. The Chief Exec has a lot to cover and ain't as well versed as the head Steward and Match Commander on safety issues. While I can understand you wanting to stand up for the Trust I do see why people view it as the trust jumping on the bandwagon.

The Trust were openly invited but the purpose of the meeting was for the Wellboys to meet with the stewards/match commander and vice versa. Yes the trust had their own points of view which they wanted to put across but I find it astonishing that the Trust have been speaking about stewarding/police interviews to the wrong peole in the club. The Chief Exec has a lot to cover and ain't as well versed as the head Steward and Match Commander on safety issues. While I can understand you wanting to stand up for the Trust I do see why people view it as the trust jumping on the bandwagon.

Bit of a Catch 22 here I think Dodge. If the Trust attend, we're hanging onto the Wellboys coat tails. Had we turned round and said thanks but no thanks then the Trust wouldn't be doing it's job, queue more calls from the onlookers that the Trust do 'nothing'. To my mind the meeting wasn't just for the Wellboys and the issues they have, the agenda covered a wide range of topics which affect everyone who goes to Fir Park.

The WellBoys present last Monday put their points across very well and I think the meeting may have represented progress in terms of building contacts with the head stewards , match commander etc.

It was also pleasing that some compramises were reached and hopefully over the coming weeks , despite a fair bit of resentment towards the stewards for incidents in the past , the guys there listened to the points of view from the other side and were able to put across their side. I think the officials there will now have a better understanding of the aims of the group.

Mon_Da_Well , The Lip69

I am new to the trust and I must say I was very much of the opinion that the Trust were not doing enough in the past. Hopefully over time things will improve.

We were obviously invited to attend the meeting and I would like to think we helped the Well Boys out due to the fact that as fans who also attend week in week out we understand what they are trying to do and what they bring to improve the atmosphere at Motherwell games.

There is a hell of a lot of work to be done in order to improve people's perception of the Trust and in some cases we will be running against a brick wall. As you said 'TheLip69' you don't give a damn and I know you are not alone on that.

Don't think it was a bit of a catch 22. If the Trust had issues with stewarding and policing - why hadn't the Trust sought to raise these issues with the Head Steward and Match Commander long before now instead of discussing these with the previous Chief Exec?