Club Meeting With Wellboys

wellboy60

Don't think it was a bit of a catch 22. If the Trust had issues with stewarding and policing - why hadn't the Trust sought to raise these issues with the Head Steward and Match Commander long before now instead of discussing these with the previous Chief Exec?

The Trust had tried to have a meeting with the match commander on a number of occasions over the past year.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally un-related to the current debate but is there anywhere I can read the minutes from any Trust meeting from 2008/2009? Had a wee look on the site but can't find em?

This isn't a stir job either btw, just interested to read...

'Flow

Of course it's the way you take yourselves so seriously that makes you all the funnier.

Seconded!

We apologise for wasting your time, as you trust guys are clearly very important people, with many big decisions to make on the future of our club......our fans.....and the whole universe!

Seconded!

We apologise for wasting your time, as you trust guys are clearly very important people, with many big decisions to make on the future of our club......our fans.....and the whole universe!

You rather they fucked about and treated what they trying to do like a big joke?

I can't say I over impressed by what the trust has down over its existence. I sceptical about some of the board members but some people on this thread nakedly hostile for reasons they can barely make clear. Accusations of jumping on a bandwagon are a bit silly, they taking an interest in something they supposed to take an interest in. As for looking for publicity that is a laugh, when do you ever see them getting much publicity anywhere I must keep missing it.

they'd do well to ditch their chairman/ club board member but Frazzle, Andy Ross and the Dossier doing well to respond with patience to the petty snipers on here.

And yet the 'Wellboys can get one no problem? Strange that...

Again, this was meeting was organised by the club.

I'll put the hands up and say that the Trust hadn't asked the Chief Steward for such a meeting, but we did feel it was best to try and get a hold of the match commander by going through the police. At the very least we know who to speak to in future.

Aye, they're taking an interest. But they should of had to take an interest they should have been the ones demanding the talks with the stewards, as soon as one or two, never mind the countless complaints from the Motherwell faithful. But as long as the 100 or so members of the Trust are happy... that's all that matters right?

Why did it take a relatively new and upcoming fan group to actually do something about the treatment of the fans when the Trust have had years to sort it out.

Wellboys the new voice of the fans? At least they seem to be able to get stuff sorted or at least out there. Although I am sure all this bickering is not good for the Wellboys nor the Trust who unfortunately for the Wellboys need to work together for the better enjoyment of the fans.

When did you have a problem with the stewards?

This is the problem and I hope I am not speaking out of turn when I say that a number of people have deemed the Trust to be inactive and as such complaints are not directed towards the trust. They instead go straight to the club.

Hopefully in coming months things can improve - as I say I have just arrived on the scene and at my first meeting I was impressed with the number of ideas that came up - hopefully these can get past the idea stage and progress can be made.

The problem isn't on the part of the trust. Just that 9/10 people won't inform the trust of anything.

I think that is spot on.

I do think that we should be more active in identifying moans and groans from websites such as this and where possible try to resolve some of these issues - but would that be seen as trying to justify our existence?

I think that is spot on.

I do think that we should be more active in identifying moans and groans from websites such as this and where possible try to resolve some of these issues - but would that be seen as trying to justify our existence?

Clearly not. The point in the trust is for people to come forward to them with issues. If the trust itself is scouring this site and others to find problems then that is the trust going out of its way to find the complaints as well as just dealing with them.

Right to clear a few things up, the aims of the WB86 is not to represent the fans as such. It is to create atmosphere and colour and to act like a 12th man to the team. Now the issues that were brought up at this meeting were that of ones which effected the group and the members of the group.

Trying not to sound like a complete dick but the WB86 are not interested in being invloved with what the trust do as we are totally different. We will represent the views/complaints at meetings as they are beinificial to the group, but they are also benificial to alot of the Motherwell support, this happenes to be a bonus however i would like to reitirate that the WB86 is not wanting to be working from the same script as the trust, or being the new voice of the fans. As mentioned above.

I think Quinn91's last post above illustrates the difficulties that the Trust will likely always face.

Motherwell fans we all are, and small in number we may well be but I think only in a certain set of circumstances are all our clubs/groups/bodies likely to unite and put our own agendas aside.

The WellBoys quite rightly are out to look out for their own and The Supporters Association quite rightly are out to do the best they can for their members. And then you have folk who fall into both groups and folk who fall into neither.

I just think its going to be a tall order for the Trust to ever to be able to convince enough people to put their (no pun intended) trust in the Trust to represent them rather than attend to it themselves. Without that weight of numbers, I think the Trust will lack authority in the eyes of the support to be seen as their representatives and such will hold less weight when it comes to dealing with the club.

You rather they fucked about and treated what they trying to do like a big joke?

I can't say I over impressed by what the trust has down over its existence. I sceptical about some of the board members but some people on this thread nakedly hostile for reasons they can barely make clear. Accusations of jumping on a bandwagon are a bit silly, they taking an interest in something they supposed to take an interest in. As for looking for publicity that is a laugh, when do you ever see them getting much publicity anywhere I must keep missing it.

they'd do well to ditch their chairman/ club board member but Frazzle, Andy Ross and the Dossier doing well to respond with patience to the petty snipers on here.

Not taking your self seriously doesn't mean fucking about. Frazzle's response was pure fucking spin along the lines of, 'it was a lovely meeting, I thought it went well cant really say much the minutes haven't been released and neither has the press release, but we're going to hold more meetings every 4 months' and yet they claim to be acting on behalf of the fans yet it's more important they prepare a press release? Who the fuck for? Who on earth can be interested in this other than Motherwell fans, and why should they pay second fiddle to the press. Quinn91 didn't need minutes to tell us his side of the story, why should the Trust?

Dossier, I never said you or anyone of the Trust were tossers, I said that's the way you come across in the posts, theres a big difference. One other thing, if you've got anything to say to me, say it on here, no more IM's okay? I dont know about you, but I've got nothing to hide.

Lip69,

Is there actually anything the Trust can do to stop you from continually sniping at us? We wouldn't be serving one of our main purposes as an organisation if we declined to attend this meeting, although I personally think you'd have preferred that as it would have given you ammunition. You've not got any, so you're basically making up nonsense reasons to have a pop and you come across like a total idiot.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that the Wellboys needed us to be there to represent them - they are more than capable of representing themselves - but there were a couple of very significant points raised by the Trust that I believe will be put into practise to the benefit of the Motherwell support as a whole that were not part of the Wellboys agenda. We didn't spend the best part of an evening just to negotiate how many rows are allowed to stand.

Frazzle

I received one well thought out answer, and the usual sycophantic claptrap from the Trust.

Frazzle couldn't comment "until the minutes have been released and the press release is out"

yet he still thought "the meeting went well."

Not exactly the impression I got from Quinn91's post, who was more guarded about the outcome and thus more honest.

Because the proper way of the trust to detail what happened, is via minutes and press releases - not someone giving some details on an internet message board. The WellBoys aren't exactly an official organisation, so don't have to be as professional about it.

Lip69 does make a valid point about the press release. Yes the Trust want to let the actions of the meetings known but is a press release the best way to do it? In a time when sports journos are filling space with transfer rumours, what newspapers exactly will run with the story.

In answer to FrazzaB's post that 9/10 folk don't tell the trust anything - is that not down to the fact that the Trust only represent 1 out of 10 folk (though giving an estimate I believe this will be could be as low as 1 out of 30!). Why the need for fans to go solely through the Trust? Fraz mentioned at the start of his post about the meeting with the Wellboys that everyone was approachable so why can't a fan speak to the right folk if they have an issue?

I speak as an ex-Trust member, I left as I was fed up with the Trust failing to make any worthwhile contribution of note. The Trust have always had board members who I believe have their heart in the right place but are let down by the remaining board members and this is still the case today. It may be harsh but the Trust to me are failing because of their failure in the past to deliver anything of note to the club and its members. Whilst I wish some of the posters on here all the best in their positions with the Trust, they will have to go something to change my mind that the Trust is the right thing for both Me and the club.

Lip69 does make a valid point about the press release. Yes the Trust want to let the actions of the meetings known but is a press release the best way to do it? In a time when sports journos are filling space with transfer rumours, what newspapers exactly will run with the story.

In answer to FrazzaB's post that 9/10 folk don't tell the trust anything - is that not down to the fact that the Trust only represent 1 out of 10 folk (though giving an estimate I believe this will be could be as low as 1 out of 30!). Why the need for fans to go solely through the Trust? Fraz mentioned at the start of his post about the meeting with the Wellboys that everyone was approachable so why can't a fan speak to the right folk if they have an issue?

I speak as an ex-Trust member, I left as I was fed up with the Trust failing to make any worthwhile contribution of note. The Trust have always had board members who I believe have their heart in the right place but are let down by the remaining board members and this is still the case today. It may be harsh but the Trust to me are failing because of their failure in the past to deliver anything of note to the club and its members. Whilst I wish some of the posters on here all the best in their positions with the Trust, they will have to go something to change my mind that the Trust is the right thing for both Me and the club.

Brilliant post mate.

The Trust are a minority and it seems they are never willing to get there hands dirty; by which I mean they never make and worthwhile contribution to the 'Well fans. I honestly don't see the point in the Trust because of this.

I don't agree with that. There are certainly people there who are more than willing to get involved and to try make a difference. As I said in a previous post there certainly has to be more progress and activity by the Trust , but in some cases we are in a no win situation.

For example in your post earlier you questioned our need to be at last weeks meeting , however there you pointed out that we don't do anything. Not saying that attending one meeting represents a worthwhile contribution ,but I reckon it is attending the kind of events that we should be attending.

I think everything you've said there, Dodge, is 100% reasonable. The one small point I would contest is that I didn't say that everyone has to bring their issues with the club to the Trust. I would prefer if they did for reasons I've already said, but it's entirely their perogative. I was really just wanting to make people aware that we are here to serve a purpose and that fans (members and non-members) shouldn't be discouraged from approaching us. I do think the image of the Trust as an organisation, and the image of it's board members over the past few years is that it's a self-serving closed shop (an accusation I often used to make on here) and I want to get away from that. I'm not niave enough to think that making a few well-intentioned posts on a forum is going to change that overnight, but I genuinely believe that some minds are now so closed to the Trust that we'll never get credit for any forward steps that we do take because of our failings in the past.

Frazzle

PS - Also a very brief point about the press release. I may have put that across wrongly. I didn't mean that we'd be trying to take the outcome of the meeting to the national press - I just meant that we were going to structure an article of some description for our own website, the club website/programme etc - Motherwell fans outlets basically. We just need to be careful what we say and how we say it as it can be thrown back at us months and years down the line.