Hammell V Fox

patons02

Who is better, Fox or Hammell?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Fox or Hammell?

• Fox
    • Hammell

One thing, Hammell is not pish, he is a very high standard of SPL player. Those who think he is pish need to watch more football from around the world - even in la liga there are some shocking left backs.... As for Danny Fox, well it's a disgrace he is in the squad not because Hammell is not but because Lee Wallace, who has, for the last three years been the best left back in the country - at Club and International Youth level - is not.

Cause Stevie Hammell is, generally, pish?

Dont agree with this

One thing, Hammell is not pish, he is a very high standard of SPL player. Those who think he is pish need to watch more football from around the world - even in la liga there are some shocking left backs.... As for Danny Fox, well it's a disgrace he is in the squad not because Hammell is not but because Lee Wallace, who has, for the last three years been the best left back in the country - at Club and International Youth level - is not.

Agree with this.

I havent seen much of Fox, but what i have seen, he hasnt done anything to merit a Scotland cap. If he played like that anywhere outwith the old firm, he wouldnt be anywhere near the Scotland squad. Hammell has been garbage in the 2 games i seen him this season, but that doesnt make him "generally, pish". However, he certainly isnt good currently enough to play at International level.

Lee Wallace is a good shout, and really should of been involved in the full International set up by now.

aye but the question in the poll is who's better, Fox or Hammell, and I think we all know the answer to that one.

With regard his nationality or lack thereof, the argument is perfectly valid, but he's not the only distant scottish linked player to have done anything like this with us before. And if he turns out to be a good player for us, then all's well end's well I'd say.

How many times have all the 'Fox is better' types actually seen Fox play?

He's played 9 or 10 games for Celtic, facts is you don't really know how good is he or isn't.

Anyway, Lee Wallace has generally been regarded to be the best left back in Scotland for a few years now and he has exactly zero caps; some guy comes up here, puts on green hoops and jumps to the front of the line after a dozen games with out actually proving anything yet.

I've nothing against Scott Brown or Kevin Thomson playing for Scotland, they have proved themselves over years that they are good players but these queue jumpers really get my wick, especially when they aren't even Scottish.