SPL inquiry as weather hits games

Gaag

There is no way the game should have been called off on Saturday , everyone was aware of the weather forecast and the failure to keep the game on is pathetic.

Mate brought up a point also that for the second year in a row his season ticket will be used much less , due to the fact he can't make midweek matches. MFC are at risk of losing some people's custom with their continuing incompetence.

I was listening to On the Ball when McGhee said that they had to drill through the undersoil heating pipes in order to burst the soil that had become rock solid and and was preventing drainage. Judging by the familiar patches on the pitch at the start of the season a new pitch wasn't laid and obviously the USH wouldn't have been replaced or fixed. I'm figuring they took the cheap option and invested in covers or a balloon maybe and it has now come back to bite us on the arse................shock!

I was listening to On the Ball when McGhee said that they had to drill through the undersoil heating pipes in order to burst the soil that had become rock solid and and was preventing drainage. Judging by the familiar patches on the pitch at the start of the season a new pitch wasn't laid and obviously the USH wouldn't have been replaced or fixed. I'm figuring they took the cheap option and invested in covers or a balloon maybe and it has now come back to bite us on the arse................shock!

Is it not an SPL requirement to have fully functioning installed USH?? :P

Fact is, Fir Park would have undergone all the SPL tests pre season, which I presume entailed an undersoil heating check, if it was passed as working, which I believe it was, then it has simply malfunctioned in one area, which is bloody annoying, but it is to be expected given the expense that it would cause to continually check its working ok.

The covers that were brought in "at some expense" have also let us down badly, if the temperature of -7 at Fir Park is accurate, and these covers are meant to cover to -10, then they have failed, and as such I hope MFC demand a refund.

Not just a refund for the covers but compensation for a full days football from the company, yes we get to play again but no doubt the postponed fixture will be midweek and a much reduced gate than it would have been...Still does not get away from the fact lessons have still not been learned one year on...Heavy fine ( which will reduce any transfer money in January) is probable but not unexpected considering the cold weather had been forecast almost a week in advance...(By the way good to be back..!!)

One good thing, reading the papers and listening to the phone ins tonight, the holy goalie appears to have taken the heat off us. No-ones bothered about our pitch anymore but and focusing on calamity boruc!

I suppose we usually complain when no-one pays attention to our penalty claims and ref complaints as theres usually only interest in the OF matters. If it happens in reverse this time to help us, then its all good

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere else, but I noticed this today........

<H1 id=entry-title>Motherwell hit back in freeze storm</H1>Motherwell, 13:06, December 9, 2008

Motherwell General Manager Leeann Dempster has sent a defiant message to the SPL in the wake of the pitch freezing fiasco.

Motherwell's game against Hearts last weekend had to be called off as the pitch was frozen and now the club face the possibility of a hefty fine or points deduction in accordance with SPL rules.

Motherwell claim they did everything they could to make sure the match went ahead and Dempster claims the event was unavoidable.

She said: "It's hard enough as it is in football without fining clubs and taking money out of the game. We, like other clubs work hard to get games on but if you have a technical problem, how can you legislate for that?"Clubcall

Seeing as neither of the Old Firm have been fined or faced a points deduction yet, as they could have for sectarian offences, I suspect that nothing will happen to us, except maybe a ticking off.