Betty Pryde

Guest 'Flow

Folks,

It is with great personal and professional sadness that I tell you that our football administrator Betty Pryde sadly passed away last night.

Needless to say everyone at the club is completely and utterly stunned and full of grief for someone who was not only unique and remarkable, but had Claret and Amber coursing through her veins.

It's a massive, massive loss for the club and from a personal point of view; totally devastating.

My post is designed to let everyone know as Betty was very well known to a lot....

Rest in Peace

'Flow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What dreadful and very sad news.

Our thoughts are with her family, and of course the Club she served so well.

I have had the great fortune to have known Betty and her beloved husband Alex for a number of years, since the Club days with Bill Samuel as Chairman.

Lately, she had been so kind and interested in us as a family, and arranged only a few weeks ago for our youngest's eighteenth to be made known during the match betwen Motherwell and Man United.

Rest in Peace Betty, and I'll bet Alex was waiting for her with open arms. xx

Was it very sudden, Flow ?

Yea mate, a complete bolt from the blue!

It's very difficult to put into words how gutted everyone is, Motherwell Football Club employee's present and past.

We'll certainly all (me especially) miss her very much.....

'Flow

What dreadful and very sad news.

Our thoughts are with her family, and of course the Club she served so well.

I have had the great fortune to have known Betty and her beloved husband Alex for a number of years, since the Club days with Bill Samuel as Chairman.

Lately, she had been so kind and interested in us as a family, and arranged only a few weeks ago for our youngest's eighteenth to be made known during the match betwen Motherwell and Man United.

Rest in Peace Betty, and I'll bet Alex was waiting for her with open arms. xx

Very nice tribute, Emmjay.

Yea mate, a complete bolt from the blue!

It's very difficult to put into words how gutted everyone is, Motherwell Football Club employee's present and past.

We'll certainly all (me especially) miss her very much.....

'Flow

I'm sure you all will. Knocks you for six when someone dies suddenly, and it will take time for it to even sink in. Best wishes to everyone who worked with Betty at the club.

Edit - Teriffic post from WishyWell, too. Very touching. Betty was obviously a lovely lady.

I'm completely shocked by this. I was speaking to her just last week and, although she's had her health difficulties over recent years, she was doing great.

On a personal note, I have known Betty all of my 41 years (she 'had a hold of me' as a baby just after I was born) and I have seldom come across such a warm, thoughtful, dedicated and diligent person. She was the perfect PA/Secretary: meticulous, caring, wonderfully fearsom when she needed to be, and willing to go not just the extra mile, but the extra ten miles. If she felt something needed to be done, nothing, not even ill health, would prevent her from seeing it through with no regard to how she felt physically nor to 'normal office hours'. She was fiercely loyal and utterly dedicated to Motherwell Football Club, and the players she regarded as 'her boys'. Her job will be filled at the club, but the hole she will leave there never will be.

My thoughts and totally inadequate, but no less heartfelt, sympathy go to her family.

RIP Betty - a quite lovely person.

I'm completely shocked by this. I was speaking to her just last week and, although she's had her health difficulties over recent years, she was doing great.

On a personal note, I have known Betty all of my 41 years (she 'had a hold of me' as a baby just after I was born) and I have seldom come across such a warm, thoughtful, dedicated and diligent person. She was the perfect PA/Secretary: meticulous, caring, wonderfully fearsom when she needed to be, and willing to go not just the extra mile, but the extra ten miles. If she felt something needed to be done, nothing, not even ill health, would prevent her from seeing it through with no regard to how she felt physically nor to 'normal office hours'. She was fiercely loyal and utterly dedicated to Motherwell Football Club, and the players she regarded as 'her boys'. Her job will be filled at the club, but the hole she will leave there never will be.

My thoughts and totally inadequate, but no less heartfelt, sympathy go to her family.

RIP Betty - a quite lovely person.

Couldn't put anything better myself and agree with every sentiment.

RIP

She was a lovely woman who was always cheery and helpful in any dealings I had with her. Motherwell Football Club will be a sadder place without her.

RIP Betty.